hotel in GZ

drive_75

Hi Everyone,

What's the best place to stay that is near the interview location and is convenient? I'm just looking for a place that is decent and reasonable price. Maybe around 400-700RMB.

Thanks for your help.

I've been to the White Swan more than once & that is really beautiful! It's very close, but it's a little more expensive. the suite we stayed in was about 800 RMB. If you have the cash, I'd recommend it; helpful staff and many speak English if you need that.

But I really think you should look around this site though... there are 2 hotels much closer and have extremely helpful owners who will actually help the Visa process if necessary from what I've read from other CFL'ers. I was seriously considering going to one of them for the Interview Trip myself when it comes. I think you will find them under Links & Resources.

Anyone else who knows better, feel free to correct me & point him in the right direction!

Edited by Zhen's Tiger (see edit history)

Hi Everyone,

What's the best place to stay that is near the interview location and is convenient? I'm just looking for a place that is decent and reasonable price. Maybe around 400-700RMB.

Thanks for your help.

I am at Mr. Yang's hotel at the moment. It is clean, comfortable, and for a two bedroom with shower and full kitchen, 280 RMB. Even a small washing maching so that you don't have to lug so much clothes to China. It ain't the Ritz, but are you here for a vacation or to pass the interview? Need something? Just call Mr. Yang. Someone will be knocking on your door shortly.

It's in the same building as the consulate (Building "B" of the complex), but a different entrance. Tomorrow morning, we go down the elevator, go around the corner to the west side of the building, and get in line. Citic bank to pay the visa fee is a long block away, and there are two 7-11's (no coffee, can you believe it???).

Mr. Yang and his staff have been most helpful, and have spent a lot of time with Manyun. He goes all out to ensure that you are comfortable, satisfied, and ready for the interview. They found a glitch that could have caused a blue slip (my I-134 was notarized, but she didn't put the actual stamp on the page. I walked over to the consulate, went up to ACS, and had it notarized by a consulate officer for free).

Hope that helps. Questions? We'll be here through the weekend.

Mike

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure of the dates for the October trade fair in Guangzhou but it will be good to nail down your reservation now. They all fill up and at 3-4 times the regular price. The information on two hotels in the new Consulate building is in the GUZ Info forum.

I understand the White Swan Hotel is good but the Visa and American Citizen sections of the Consulate have moved. One of the hospitals for the medical in on Shamian Island but not the interview.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

I am at Mr. Yang's hotel at the moment. It is clean, comfortable, and for a two bedroom with shower and full kitchen, 280 RMB. Even a small washing maching so that you don't have to lug so much clothes to China. It ain't the Ritz, but are you here for a vacation or to pass the interview? Need something? Just call Mr. Yang. Someone will be knocking on your door shortly.

It's in the same building as the consulate (Building "B" of the complex), but a different entrance. Tomorrow morning, we go down the elevator, go around the corner to the west side of the building, and get in line. Citic bank to pay the visa fee is a long block away, and there are two 7-11's (no coffee, can you believe it???).

Mr. Yang and his staff have been most helpful, and have spent a lot of time with Manyun. He goes all out to ensure that you are comfortable, satisfied, and ready for the interview. They found a glitch that could have caused a blue slip (my I-134 was notarized, but she didn't put the actual stamp on the page. I walked over to the consulate, went up to ACS, and had it notarized by a consulate officer for free).

Mike

I always go to the grocery store and stock up on Nestle's Instant Coffee

when I'm in China.

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure of the dates for the October trade fair in Guangzhou but it will be good to nail down your reservation now. They all fill up and at 3-4 times the regular price. The information on two hotels in the new Consulate building is in the GUZ Info forum.

I understand the White Swan Hotel is good but the Visa and American Citizen sections of the Consulate have moved. One of the hospitals for the medical in on Shamian Island but not the interview.

Pushbrk, we will do the medical exam in as well as pay the visa fee in Shangai. We don't want to wait for last minute. I'll check out the Swan Hotel. I've done searching and did found other hotel recommended here as well. I just want a place that is close, convenient, clean, and comfortable.

Thanks for all your help.

The new Consulate for spouses and fiancees are now held in the Tien He District. The white swan is VERY far away from the consulate now.

If you are looking for the best hotels in GZ. Give the Garden Hotel or the Asia International Hotel a try. Either will cost you less than $100 US a night, unless it is during the Canton Trade Fair. During the fair expect 300-400 USD per night at these hotels.

when I'm in China.

Heck, I take about 24 packets with me from the states. Ironically, the coffee is made and packaged in Malaysia, hum.

Wheel Man

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your help.

Mike

when I'm in China.