Phone call to GuangZhou

I spoke to GuangZhou IV last night to learn when LiNing could pick up her visa. The person I spoke with was unhappy that Dos had informed me of the approval. They processed 500 on Saturday so they still have many more to do. They are overwhelmed with e-mails and Congressional inquiries asking for status. I was asked to post this message here so that we will stop bothering them and let them work. This is not my idea! I am just the message bearer.

They have not yet decided how they will notify those with visa approvals to return to GuangZhou. The EMS thing is NOT a certainty at this time. They know that the Chinese mail system is unreliable. Ideally they would like to post approvals on their website by number with a date to pick up. They hope to have a method worked out by Friday. They hope to have something on their website telling us their plans by Friday afternoon. It would certainly be a relief to many of us if they did start communicating a little better. Anyway, this is what I was told, make of it what you will.

I am overjoyed that LiNing's visa is approved, but I doubt that she will have her visa in time to be here by year end. I am hoping for 30 days. This is just my opinion of the situation.

I think that's the wrong attitude, we should all be happy that are getting visas no matter the order. When they are doing these security checks, who knows what possible pitfalls there are. If they really wanted to be a pain about it and do FIFO, think of them stopping the process to make sure that each one is done in order, so everything there is an issue, it would delay the whole process, I'm glad they are simultaneously working on as many visas as they can.

I didn't mention that they also are not happy with the "Gang of 43", those of us who sent the letter to Linda Donahue. Somehow they are under the impression that each of us also had 4 Congresspeople call them. What is that all about? I will admit to one since we sent the letter. :)

Jim, I think that you also signed that letter that Victoria wrote that we sent to GuangZhou.  They think that those of us who signed it are responsible for much of their Congressional inquiries.

this would be pretty naive. I am sure that about 65647 congress people had contacted them before that letter even when out.