I called DOS yesterday and was told as of August 17th, GUZ had requested a new background check. I called DOS again today and was told as of September 5th, our case is still under administrative process. I am now just confused. What is the difference between the two? :unsure:

dont be confused (administrative process) is the term they use to tell you they are still working on your case, i was told the same thing while our case was being processed, i surgest you call DOS at least one time a week , to keep updated, but dont worry , all is going well as long as they tell you something

Edited by sweattrl1 (see edit history)

I called DOS yesterday and was told as of August 17th, GUZ had requested a new background check. I called DOS again today and was told as of September 5th, our case is still under administrative process. I am now just confused. What is the difference between the two? :unsure:

Feel good about this. At least your case is being touched. Your not sitting on a shelf in a closet. :blink:

Yes. The name check expired since our case has taken more than 1 year now. I was told by DOS that the new name check could take up to 3 months and because of my fiance's communist membership, this time they are going to REALLY check it.

I am going to call DOS everyday and hopefully it will push them a little. I am planning my trip to China in November and I surely will like to bring him back with me. We are actually thinking about having the wedding ceremony in November. But since I only have three weeks vacation, we might not have time for honeymoon at all. :blink: Feel sad. GUZ definitely screw up my wedding plans. We were supposed to get married last year. :unsure:

Yes. The name check expired since our case has taken more than 1 year now. I was told by DOS that the new name check could take up to 3 months and because of my fiance's communist membership, this time they are going to REALLY check it.

I am going to call DOS everyday and hopefully it will push them a little. I am planning my trip to China in November and I surely will like to bring him back with me. We are actually thinking about having the wedding ceremony in November. But since I only have three weeks vacation, we might not have time for honeymoon at all. :blink: Feel sad. GUZ definitely screw up my wedding plans. We were supposed to get married last year. :unsure:

I am not as knowledageable about all of this as some here but when ni have called the dos i have asked to speak to a supervisor and have gottem better result's this way as least as it relates to the amount of information i have gotten but they will try to not let you talk to a supervisor you have to bea little persistent and some time's they will need to call you back some time's same day some time's a couple of day's later

Guest pushbrk

sorry to hear that. Did DOS tell you how long you have to wait ? I was told GZ run a routine name check which usually takes 2 months, but right now it is over 2 months alreay, they still told me the same thing. I feel very frustrated :rolleyes:

Nobody is going to give you an official answer to a "how long" question except to give you some stock range of time it MIGHT take. Often these time ranges are far longer than actual. They just mean, "We can take this long if it takes this long." For security check issues there is no reliable time range. You are wasting your breath asking any question about how long you will wait. The answer is that you will wait as long as it takes.

What you want to know is whether there is any new information available about your case.

sorry to hear that. Did DOS tell you how long you have to wait ? I was told GZ run a routine name check which usually takes 2 months, but right now it is over 2 months alreay, they still told me the same thing. I feel very frustrated :D

Nobody is going to give you an official answer to a "how long" question except to give you some stock range of time it MIGHT take. Often these time ranges are far longer than actual. They just mean, "We can take this long if it takes this long." For security check issues there is no reliable time range. You are wasting your breath asking any question about how long you will wait. The answer is that you will wait as long as it takes.

What you want to know is whether there is any new information available about your case.

i use to call dos so much they started calling me leaving messages on my answering mech, :lol: boy , i know they like me :toot: