bogus medical exam in GZ

zhuhai wife

ni hao everyone

when my wife went for her medical exam at the Consulate-dictated hospital, she was told she had syphyllis!! and OF COURSE she must come for treatment or OF COURSE they would not send her report to the Consulate.

She was horrified, and for good reason-- before our marriage she was married for 2 years and had a daughter. Her husband found a girlfriend and so there was NO SEX between husband and wife from the middle of her pregnancy until divorce. At the time of birth there was NO indication of any disease. AND, before her husband she had slept with only ONE other man at least 8 years previous to her marriage.

SO-- suspecting a Chinese Rip-off, I sent her to TWO other hospitals to get tested and BOTH said that she was clean. The Consulate-dictated hospital OF COURSE said that THEIR test was accurate. THis is the hospital near the old consulate on Shamian St. not the one on Yuan

Jiang Xi Road.

SO I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW if other people have run into this same situation of being told they have and must treat a fake disease.

By the way, the hospitals OF COURSE do not have to give you your medical records, and OF COURSE you have no right or authority to see any hospital records. Only a higher HOSPITAL official can do this and OF COURSE they will not jeapordize the hospitals income stream from foreigners held hostage by their policies.

PLEASE write if you have experienced similar....

xie xie-- husband of Zhuhai wife

I heard of something similar quite a while back, maybe 5 years ago, about a clinic in BJ. They told the gal she had AIDS, but with $5,000 worth of 'treatments' they could 'cure' her and give a clean bill of health.

This is the first I've heard of anything funny at the GZ clinics.

I remember that Don. It was about 3 1/2 yrs ago but I thought it was a GZ clinic.. I have never heard of an instance of this since. They should be reported to the consulate and taken off the approved list.

Edited by warpedbored (see edit history)

I heard of something similar quite a while back, maybe 5 years ago, about a clinic in BJ. They told the gal she had AIDS, but with $5,000 worth of 'treatments' they could 'cure' her and give a clean bill of health.

This is the first I've heard of anything funny at the GZ clinics.

I remember that Don. It was about 3 1/2 yrs ago but I thought it was a GZ clinic.. I have never heard of an instance of this since. They should be reported to the consulate and taken off the approved list.

It is a likley not fraud but a type I error (false positive). common to about 5% of all diagnostics. Ask the HSP to retest!

ni hao everyone

...she was told she had syphyllis!! and OF COURSE she must come for treatment or OF COURSE they would not send her report to the Consulate.

I think the tell here is that they were not going to include this information in her report to the consulate if she came in for treatment. This is what makes it smell like a scam.

Did you happen to notice Johnny Sack or any members of the Soprano family hanging around the hospital? This would also let you know that it was a scam. :greenblob:

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)

I just read this on another site: http://uschinak1.com/

When choosing where to get the medical exam, beware of possible fraud and extortion at the vaccination clinic of the First Affiliated Hospital of Guangzhou Medical College at 151 Yan Jiang Road in Guangzhou. The doctor told one couple that the fiancée was HIV positive, but the clinic could cure her with a series of three shots! Her U.S. fiancé happened to be with her. He tried to get help from the U.S. Consulate, but he wound up paying the clinic a stiff price for shots against sexually transmitted disease showing no symptoms and unconfirmed in the blood samples.

I have no idea how dated this report is though.