How many waiting for NOA2?

I noticed over at VJ there are quite a few still waiting for their approvals. I'm curious as to how many are waiting at CFL? It looks like USCIS is moving slower than a snail's pace. Do they just approve these petitions at random? Why do they say they approve them in the order received? We know that is not true. Just venting - Ron

Guest pushbrk
I noticed over at VJ there are quite a few still waiting for their approvals.  I'm curious as to how many are waiting at CFL?  It looks like USCIS is moving slower than a snail's pace.  Do they just approve these petitions at random?  Why do they say they approve them in the order received?  We know that is not true.  Just venting - Ron

239769[/snapback]

I don't think they say they approve them in the order they receive them. They do say they begin processing the petitions in the order they receive them. There are several steps in the process between NOA1 and NOA2. We really don't know what is involved in each step or even how many steps there are and we don't know how many steps have been added or exactly how the process has been changed as a result of IMBRA.

Although it is the approval you focus on, they must focus on each step of the process in order. Some petitions will get through certain steps faster than others.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
I noticed over at VJ there are quite a few still waiting for their approvals.  I'm curious as to how many are waiting at CFL?  It looks like USCIS is moving slower than a snail's pace.  Do they just approve these petitions at random?  Why do they say they approve them in the order received?  We know that is not true.  Just venting - Ron

239769[/snapback]

WAITING!!!!!!!!!

Guest pushbrk
I'm waiting. But I just got in the waiting queue a week ago. Is the wait between the NOA1 and NOA2 different for the K1 and the CR1  ??

239780[/snapback]

It is generally considerably longer but IMBRA affected the current crop of K visa petitions, so a new paradigm is being established at this time. In my case (pre-IMBRA) the difference was only 15 days.

I'm waiting. But I just got in the waiting queue a week ago. Is the wait between the NOA1 and NOA2 different for the K1 and the CR1  ??

239780[/snapback]

It is generally considerably longer but IMBRA affected the current crop of K visa petitions, so a new paradigm is being established at this time. In my case (pre-IMBRA) the difference was only 15 days.

239781[/snapback]

Mike, when you say considerbly longer, were your referring to the K1 regarding IMBRA or the CR1 being considerbly longer ?

Guest pushbrk

239780[/snapback]

239781[/snapback]

Mike, when you say considerbly longer, were your referring to the K1 regarding IMBRA or the CR1 being considerbly longer ?

239792[/snapback]

Silly me. Generally the NOA1 to NOA2 for a CR1 is longer than for any K visa. The real delays for CR1, are at NVC and GUZ, however. My CR1 actually only took 15 days longer from NOA1 to NOA2 than my K3.

Typically a K visa spends less than two weeks at NVC though, where a CR1 will be at least two months and more typically 4 to 6. The time at station is about double as well.

239780[/snapback]

239781[/snapback]

239792[/snapback]

Silly me. Generally the NOA1 to NOA2 for a CR1 is longer than for any K visa. The real delays for CR1, are at NVC and GUZ, however. My CR1 actually only took 15 days longer from NOA1 to NOA2 than my K3.

Typically a K visa spends less than two weeks at NVC though, where a CR1 will be at least two months and more typically 4 to 6. The time at station is about double as well.

239823[/snapback]

Not promising, but I knew it would not be a quick run in the park. :lol: