Our I-130 was approved by CSC on 8/17 :D It's on it's way to NVC now.

This is the one where checking with NVC regularly is a good idea, right? :D

Guest pushbrk
Our I-130 was approved by CSC on 8/17  :D  It's on it's way to NVC now.

This is the one where checking with NVC regularly is a good idea, right?  :D

238741[/snapback]

This is where you use these shortcuts.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117

However, you'll soon have a decision to make about whether to send any more money. Depending on the status of your K3, you may end up dropping the CR1 before sending more money.

The options are pay the fees and hope that the CR-1 gets to GZ before the K-3 interview date or follow through with the K-3 and handle AOS when she gets here.

You might take a look at other's timelines to get an idea of how long they have required for the CR-1 processing at NVC, remembering that the wild card in this process is the name check for the CR-1, which sometimes has little to do with the time it took for the K-3.

Also, you may have a name check in GZ for the K-3.

So toss a coin and hopefully the powers that be will cooperate. :D :D

The options are pay the fees and hope that the CR-1 gets to GZ before the K-3 interview date or follow through with the K-3 and handle AOS when she gets here.

You might take a look at other's timelines to get an idea of how long they have required for the CR-1 processing at NVC, remembering that the wild card in this process is the name check for the CR-1, which sometimes has little to do with the time it took for the K-3.

So toss a coin and hopefully the powers that be will cooperate.  :blink:  :lol:

238748[/snapback]

Right! That is the question. I don't like to see these things from a 'how much will it cost me?' view, but flights back and forth to China aren't cheap either... :P Maybe this would helpl us decide:

if I have hope and pay the fees now, does anyone know the total $$ from NOA2 to completion of Interview?

If we go strictly K-3, what is the $$ from NOA2 to AOS and everything that requires?

Thanks

Guest pushbrk

So toss a coin and hopefully the powers that be will cooperate.  :blink:  :lol:

238748[/snapback]

Right! That is the question. I don't like to see these things from a 'how much will it cost me?' view, but flights back and forth to China aren't cheap either... :P Maybe this would helpl us decide:

if I have hope and pay the fees now, does anyone know the total $$ from NOA2 to completion of Interview?

If we go strictly K-3, what is the $$ from NOA2 to AOS and everything that requires?

Thanks

238754[/snapback]

There are two other points where you will pay fees on the I-130. You can decide what to do, based on the circumstances when the bill comes. I paid the first $70 fee a week before my K3 P3. The bill for $380 CR1 immigrant visa fee arrived a few weeks later but I had decided to let the K3 complete and pay the fees later at AOS.

Circumstances, priorities and decisions vary.

To have the same basic benefits it breaks down like this:

K-3 Expenses

Visa Fee GZ $100

AOS Fee $395 (includes $70 for Biometrics)

EAD Fee $180 (if intending to work before Green Card arrives)

Total $675

CR-1 Expenses are $450 per Mike

I believe the Visa fee is included in this, but am not sure.

A things to consider:

If going CR-1 this could add months to her arrival date, or not.

If your local USCIS office is one of the really short AOS timelines say 90 days, then no need for EAD.

If she does not intend to work before the green card arrives no need for EAD.

The distinct advantage to CR-1 is you are done with USCIS for 21 months. The disadvantage could be additional time apart.

As for the money, I don't think the difference is really worth the worry and if you try to get the CR-1 and end up taking the K-3 having her here makes the $450 loss nothing to worry about.

Boils down to how things look to you and if you feel luck is on your side. So throw the dice. :blink:

To have the same basic benefits it breaks down like this:

K-3 Expenses

Visa Fee GZ $100

AOS Fee       $395  (includes $70 for Biometrics)

EAD Fee       $180  (if intending to work before Green Card arrives)

Total                $675

CR-1 Expenses are $450 per Mike

I believe the Visa fee is included in this, but am not sure.

A things to consider:

If going CR-1 this could add months to her arrival date, or not.

If your local USCIS office is one of the really short AOS timelines say 90 days, then no need for EAD.

If she does not intend to work before the green card arrives no need for EAD.

The distinct advantage to CR-1 is you are done with USCIS for 21 months. The disadvantage could be additional time apart.

As for the money, I don't think the difference is really worth the worry and if you try to get the CR-1 and end up taking the K-3 having her here makes the $450 loss nothing to worry about.

Boils down to how things look to you and if you feel luck is on your side. So throw the dice.  :lol:

238789[/snapback]

Nice picture of your family Lee. Good post.

I will be waiting for the CR1/CR2 to go through. this way I will be finished for almost 2 years, once my wife is here

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)
Nice picture of your family Lee.  Good post.

I will be waiting for the CR1/CR2 to go through. this way I will be finished for almost 2 years, once my wife is here

238793[/snapback]

Thanks, the pictures were done at our son's request, we asked him what he wanted for his birthday and that was his first item. We told him we would do them, but that would not be his birthday present. I never knew framing a picture could get so expensive or take so long. :lol:

Nice picture of your family Lee.  Good post.

238793[/snapback]

Thanks, the pictures were done at our son's request, we asked him what he wanted for his birthday and that was his first item. We told him we would do them, but that would not be his birthday present. I never knew framing a picture could get so expensive or take so long. :D

238797[/snapback]

As they say, ... It costs to be the boss.... if the wifey lets us :lol:

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)
Congratulations on the I130 approval, it is flying through the system.

238800[/snapback]

Thanks Yuanyang!

I will go with the fastest route Lee, no matter the cost. :D

Also as Mike says I can drop the I-130 later if I see the K-3 continue to fly along.

Thanks much guys!

Guest pushbrk

238800[/snapback]

Thanks Yuanyang!

I will go with the fastest route Lee, no matter the cost. :D

Also as Mike says I can drop the I-130 later if I see the K-3 continue to fly along.

Thanks much guys!

238843[/snapback]

My only concern about fees was to avoid paying the $380 CR1 fee AND the similar K3 AOS fee. Yes, the $450 includes 380+70.

In my case this all doubles because of the daughter. I paid the $140 while still hoping the CR1 could catch the K3 and use its interview slot. When that was no longer feasible, I dropped the CR1 and did not pay the $380X2, electing to pay the AOS fees, later, instead.

238800[/snapback]

Thanks Yuanyang!

I will go with the fastest route Lee, no matter the cost. :P

Thanks much guys!

238843[/snapback]

My only concern about fees was to avoid paying the $380 CR1 fee AND the similar K3 AOS fee. Yes, the $450 includes 380+70.

In my case this all doubles because of the daughter. I paid the $140 while still hoping the CR1 could catch the K3 and use its interview slot. When that was no longer feasible, I dropped the CR1 and did not pay the $380X2, electing to pay the AOS fees, later, instead.

238856[/snapback]

Yes, that is what I will do I believe. The trick is knowing when it is no longer feasible that the CR1 will catch the K-3 and use it's Interview slot. :D

Thanks mike!

For K3, the average time from NVC Out to IV is about 5.5 months...

With the slowdown in cases going to the consulate since IMBRA, it's not clear if they are able to processes some cases faster, till they get back to a regular volume to process... which can only imply that it's possible to be faster than 5.5 months, but maybe by only one interview cycle, so 2-4 weeks quicker (?).

Your I-130, through VSC, took much longer than expected... could be from IMBRA processing at the center... And for the rest of the way, your CR1 would have to track extremely fast (possibly be the fastest CR1 of the year to stay in syn with the K3)... but I will point out that two of the fastest CR1s of the year occurred recently. So now is a time when it can happen.... it depends if you can stay one step ahead of every step of it and keep pushing it along (or the K3 has a hiccup and slows down as help)...