Who is still ON-HOLD?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would go to that meeting as well.

but... if they wont even tell us who it is, i dont think they will even let us meet them. sad but true.

thanks again candle for keeping this topic pinned. i know it will get bit long, but we all appreciate it. it will help us and the future applicants. cuase if we dont get thru the hold, then new applicants wont either who'splaced on hold.

Thanks

I think that each of you 'on hold' people should write a letter to her and request a meeting with a representative from your group.

You can do that yes..Harty/ CA level

BHowever I hate to bring out the cold shower., but I think there is no chance in hell they can get a meeting with the "agency" read FBI and Bros.

Granting / arranging one would mean for CA to admit they can't handle the mess, and of course, that ain't gonna happen.

They might not get a meeting, but............they just might get their attention, and attention is something that they are not being given now. Remember way back when we were visaless, Eric? We constantly were writing, faxing, calling, etc., even in cases where hope of response was merely wishful thinking.

They might not get a meeting, but............they just might get their attention, and attention is something that they are not being given now.  Remember way back when we were visaless, Eric?

Yes. It never hurts

But I thought the purpose of the letter was to actually get a meeting with FBI. That's why I said it won't work

They might not get a meeting, but............they just might get their attention, and attention is something that they are not being given now.  Remember way back when we were visaless, Eric?

Yes. It never hurts

But I thought the purpose of the letter was to actually get a meeting with FBI. That's why I said it won't work

Oops! I missed that. Somehow, I was thinking the meeting request was for a meeting with Mara Harty's office- which MIGHT be possible. Still wouldn't hurt to send requests to FBI. Maybe enough letters would get their attention and cause them to direct someone to deal with us. Maybe they would even decide to prioritize these cases just so we would stop pestering them.

I have searched and searched, but I could not find the thread where we discussed contacting the FBI in hopes of getting this 'on hold' issue addressed in their weekly online chats. I could not find it, but I did relocate the FBI CONCERNING THESE CHATS. I think that pursuing this may possibly be fruitful - if enough of the 'on hold' people pester them.

And it might not hurt to first send the letters discussed in this current thread. So far we have little or no information or action on this. It's time to beat somebody's bushes and see what jumps out.

They might not get a meeting, but............they just might get their attention, and attention is something that they are not being given now.  Remember way back when we were visaless, Eric?

Yes. It never hurts

I wouldn't rush to the decision that that Federal agency is FBI, but I do agree if they wouldn't even let us know which agency it is, it is very unlikely for such a meeting.

However, it does no harm to request it on the first thought, the least they can do is to pass on the pressure to that "federal agency"...

I will see if I could post a sample letter requesting meeting with either CA or that "federal agency"...

This is a sample quick writing of a letter request for informationa and request for a meeting.

To

Maura Harty

Assistant Secretary

Bureau of Consular Affairs

Department of State

2201 C Street NW

Washington, D.C. 20520

4/4/2003

RE: Immigration Visa "On-Hold"; Request for Meeting

Dear Ms Maura Harty

I am writing with regard to my immigration application at the Consulate

in Guangzhou, PRC (GUZ 2002 XXX XXX). The application is [Category]

and reached the Consulate in [Date].

This case has been put on hold by a federal agency. I was told,

according to an email dated [Date], "A government agency recently

placed a hold on your case. We expect that a significant amount of

time may be required before that agency resolves this issue".

Though tried many times, I have not been able to find out more

information thereafter.

I am aware of the changes of the security procedures in the visa

issuance process, and the delay caused by this. However, I am

getting concerned about this "case on-hold" and questioning the

meaning of "significant amount of time".

Because this is causing additional delays that I am already

experiencing, and with an increasing number of "on-hold" cases,

I believe a meeting with a responsible officer from your office, or

preferrably from that government agency, would be helpful in

clarifying questions and moving these cases forward.

It would be appreciated if such a meeting could be arranged.

I am willing to make this trip to DC once a date is set up.

I wish you would be able to see this message, and I look forward

to hearing from you regarding the meeting request.

Yours Sincerely,

[name]