What do Chinese expect in a marriage?

Posted at 0348, this must be a twisted subject. I am sure my wife expects honesty, loyalty, honor, integrity, love, togetherness, kindness, tenderness.....good? morals.

My wife does not consider what may be the typical "USA" swinging singles lifestyle as moral. But, I guess it's like comparing apples and oranges. I wouldn't cheat on her nor her me. However, I do get raked over the coals for having had more than one "true love." Ever.

She often says "My father only had one love in his life, my mother."

However, I do get raked over the coals for having had more than one "true love."  Ever.

She often says "My father only had one love in his life, my mother."

238340[/snapback]

My father also has only one true love - that's my mother.

My grandpa has no true love at all :ph34r: - he and my grandma hated each other till their death in their late 50s - their marriage lasted 40 years and they hated each other for 38 years :rolleyes:

Only young girls believe in "one true love".

For middle aged people, everybody has a past. Only one requirement: Choose what you love. Love what you choose.

Stable and Safe.  If you got it and can keep it, then it's not too much.  The devil is in the details.  How can you obtain these things? How do the husband and wife share the somewhat common pursuit of those goals?

238545[/snapback]

we fight to set a commom goal from either his or mine. it depends who is the winner :)

I expect an enjoyable and peaceful life with the man I picked up from a dozen. Grow old together.

238332[/snapback]

My wife is that same as you Eunice, My wife has the same expectations, as you. However, my wife has more expectations also. However, the small issues.....is any one's guess. You will have to find out about her, yourself. (No flame intended or diverting from the post you made.)

Each woman is different. Your question is analogous to asking member's of this forum which car and what color is the best. You will get so many different answers; you will end up really confused.

I would suggest, just simply talking to your wife/SO. Ask her! She will tell you what is right for her. Then as a good husband/SO you might do a little bit more. She will love you that you cared for her feelings!

I expect an enjoyable and peaceful life with the man I picked up from a dozen. Grow old together.

238332[/snapback]

My wife is that same as you Eunice, My wife has the same expectations, as you. However, my wife has more expectations also. However, the small issues.....is any one's guess. You will have to find out about her, yourself. (No flame intended or diverting from the post you made.)

Each woman is different. Your question is analogous to asking member's of this forum which car and what color is the best. You will get so many different answers; you will end up really confused.

I would suggest, just simply talking to your wife/SO. Ask her! She will tell you what is right for her. Then as a good husband/SO you might do a little bit more. She will love you that you cared for her feelings!

238558[/snapback]

Thank You. Yes I expected diferent answers. Thanks for your comment to do more, and yes she does apreciate the doing more than the promise.