it just got worse

i went to SS office this morning to find out some news apparently somehow they labeled her K1 as a B1

i looked at the monitor screen at what visa she entered by and it said B1

although her visa says K1......

i just dont understand

SS does not want to give a B1 holder a SS number.

they said she would not be able to recieve her SS till after she gets her green card.

i dont know where this issue started but im so over the crappy system that is run here in orlando.

Sounds like you fell victim to a keyboard entry error, and the best bet might be to go for the EAD as soon as possible.

You deserve better.

237731[/snapback]

ofcourse we deserve better,

but what can you do.....

just another hurdle to pass. :clapping:

Chun was so disappointed this morning when we got the news she said she felt sick to her stomach....

i was so angry at that moment i screamed at the SS agent and told them what a crappy field office they ran.

made me feel a little better and also let Chun realize how pissed off it made me which in turn she focus'd on relaxing my temper and got her mind off the idiot who hit the wrong button to begin with. :D

why cant people do there jobs correctly :lol:

freakin people are just dumb

Edited by izus (see edit history)

my wife is so fed up with how, not just our government, but how every american worker she seems to come into contact with is always making errors... One example: At her work, she has never received a correct paycheck to date and has had to correct payroll EVERY TIME... and to think her time is logged on the computer daily...

It's appalling...

I guess just file AOS/EAD... then use EAD to get SSN...

Sounds like you fell victim to a keyboard entry error, and the best bet might be to go for the EAD as soon as possible.

You deserve better.

237731[/snapback]

ofcourse we deserve better,

but what can you do.....

just another hurdle to pass. :blink:

Chun was so disappointed this morning when we got the news she said she felt sick to her stomach....

i was so angry at that moment i screamed at the SS agent and told them what a crappy field office they ran.

made me feel a little better and also let Chun realize how pissed off it made me which in turn she focus'd on relaxing my temper and got her mind off the idiot who hit the wrong button to begin with. :mobrun:

why cant people do there jobs correctly :rolleyes:

freakin people are just dumb

237736[/snapback]

Yep! AND they seem to have no consequences to their errors either. That's what is more infuriating. The best you can do is to kick your congressman.

so will she be able to get her driver lic without a SSN?

237741[/snapback]

Probably. the Fl web site says:

Non-United States Citizens

Original Driver License or Identification Card

Florida law requires identification, proof of date of birth and social security number (if issued) from all customers before a driver license or identification card can be issued.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/ddl/faqkeys.html#NUSC

Note the part for SSN about "(if issued)"

Recommend you find the smallest office, usually associated with the County Tax Assesor, and then look for friendly workers. Always be ready to appeal 2 or more levels up the chain of command. You also need the I-797 from AOS application.

On our last visit to the SSA we were told we

had to wait for the GC.

On the 30 minute drive home my wife said;

"We will move to China". :P

(at least we have the print out of her SSN)

237749[/snapback]

Just to add more insult to the continuing 'mistakes' my wife sees occur with ever american company or government agency we have some business with...

She just noticed that her driver's license says she is "M" (male). :huh:

She says she's made up her mind; she must go back to china on a visit.. call it a sanity check (or gender check) ;)