Everything's Coming Up Roses

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

All smiles here today!  I called my wife last night before I went to bed around midnight EST.  She had already left the Consulate and was having tea. I could tell right away that things went well as she was talking too fast for me to undestand much. Needless to say, I was very excited and emotional after the call and had a hard time going to sleep.

I talked to her this morning to get some more information so I could post anything that might be helpful to others.  She waited in an area that had six VOs.  Most of them always had a translator with them.  She said about 30 women went before her and nearly all of them came away with blue slips.  She said that many of their interviews seemed to last a long time.

Finally she was called by a American/Chinese man.  She said he was young and very big and handsome like me...lol.  She said he did not have a translator with him for her interview but he did have a translator with him for other women's interviews.  Her interview was very short.

Question #1: Do you speak English?

I am learning to speak English.  ( She forgot to say rest of the script: "I would like to try to answer the questions in English but if I don't understand could you please ask me in Chinese".

From here to the end they slipped in and out of English and Chinese.  She said his Chinese was so..so.

Question #2: How did you meet your husband?

We met on Cherry Blossoms.com.

Question #3:  I see you are from Shaanxi.  (Not really a question)

Yes, I am from Shaanxi.

Question#4:  Can I see your photos?

Yes, of course.

He flips though the photo book in 15 seconds.

VO:  Ok, Teacher Li you are finished.

SO:  Excuse me.  I don't understand.

VO:  Teacher Li you have passed.

SO:  Ok. Thank you.  Thank you.

That was it.  She said it took less than five minutes.  It was interesting that he called her Teacher Li.  Obviously, he must have had some time to review our paperwork to know that she was a teacher.  I have seen this debate come up from time to time in the forums.  I also think that the theory of predetermination is obvious in this case.  He did not have an interpreter with him knowing that he was not going to ask many questions.  He did not ask for any paperwork i.e. passport, emails,etc.

Our CR1 processing time from start to finish was a little more than 9 months originating at VSC.  We did not have as much as a hickup along the way.  Even the time that it took our file to reach GUZ from NVC was fast.  I felt like an angel carried us along.  I almost feel guilty after reading about so many of the other problems that people have.

It was very good for my wife to be so prepared.  She slept good the night before feeling confident in our preparation.  We were aware of course of the possibility of a blue slip. I was very glad that I told her one day not to worry about getting a blue slip.  I told her that if we got one it would not be her fault at all.  She was very relieved to hear this and said that she was very afraid that I would be upset with her.  So a little advice for you guys is to make sure that you tell your SO not to worry.  It will do wonders for her peace of mind and confidence.

CFL and 001 have been a real blessing to us.  It enabled us to fill out all the paperwork and expedite the process.  As long as there are people looking for that special someone there will be a need for CFL.  I would like to thank and honor all the people who currently or who have in the past given so much of their time to help others.

LiWei and George

237707[/snapback]

Very good report, thank you. But most of all - CONGRATULATIONS!

Wheel Man