Will the war delay visas again?

;) The war finally started despite all the kind people's will. I heard that last time during the Bay War, they stopped visa service, is that true?(heard fm 001). I'm so worried. I haven't seen my honey for 5 months, and sure he's coming in May and we're going to have wedding pix done here. However, we do hope this is the last trip he makes to visit me before we get married. Separation is tiring us out.

This of course is a legitimate concern. However, I have not heard anything to this effect from the Consultate and I live in their jurisdiction in China. Of course there is always the possibility that they might suspend or slow down issuance of visas, but until they formally post something to that effect on their web site, I wouldn't worry too much about it. As long as no major terrorist incident occurs, especially Stateside, I doubt there will be a major disruption in service. I think where the major slowdown will occur is with the background security checks. FBI will necessarily divert most of their manpower to homeland security.

No, not directly at least. As long as your case is "normal", i.e., not "on hold", I see no reason why the current war should have an effect. GZ is not one of the U.S. embassies and consulates that was closed, and it is not in the war theatre. Now, if your case is one of those "on hold", it is conceivable that the agency clearing the hold might consider the war a more pressing concern. If in doubt, contact your DOS/CA official. In fact, this might be a good "excuse" that you could give for asking to speak to an official. . . . just my thoughts. :o

I think where the major slowdown will occur is with the background security checks. FBI will necessarily divert most of their  manpower to homeland security.

Mick, you may be quite right about this. The news is reporting that "thousands" of FBI agents have been diverted from their regular duties in order to interview Iraqi immigrants who may be terrorists....

Dave :unsure: :D :blink: :huh: :D :lol:

I think where the major slowdown will occur is with the background security checks. FBI will necessarily divert most of their  manpower to homeland security.

Mick, you may be quite right about this. The news is reporting that "thousands" of FBI agents have been diverted from their regular duties in order to interview Iraqi immigrants who may be terrorists....

Dave :lol: :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I figured as much. As far back as Feb. 10, when Owen and I had our meeting with Richard Adams, he openly told us that one reason for the slow processing was the fact that the FBI did not view Chinese immigrants as a high threat, so they were placed on the back burner. Now with the war going on, they will probably move even further back. I hate to sound discouraging, but I would not be surprised at this in the least. As the primary agency responsible for these checks, they don't want to be caught with their pants down and let somebody slip through. Although this does not jive with our goals and purposes, it is understandable how it jives with theirs. :D :D :o

....they don't want to be caught with their pants down and let somebody  slip through. Although this does not jive with our goals and purposes, it is understandable how it jives with theirs....

How long will it take some of to explain these expressions to our fiances ????

:lol: :o :lol:

Dave

No comment! :o :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

....they don't want to be caught with their pants down and let somebody  slip through. Although this does not jive with our goals and purposes, it is understandable how it jives with theirs....

<_< ;) :lol:

Dave

I did try to use Babelfish to translate the expression... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:greenblob: :rolleyes: :lol:

Dave

I did try to use Babelfish to translate the expression... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Babelfish to translate "pants down" and "jive". Now I'll bet that was most interesting. :P :D