Urgent Help on Packet 3 Please!!!!!!!

Hi,

My wife received her packet 3 for her CR-1 Visa. The instruction asks her to send the packet back to NVC. But she was told that the packet 3 for CR-1 should be sent to Guangzhou instead.

I would like to know. If we sent the P3 to NVC, is NVC then will send to Guanzhou. Or if we sent P3 to GZ, then GZ will send to NVC.

Which way is faster?

Guest pushbrk
Hi,

My wife received her packet 3 for her CR-1 Visa. The instruction asks her to send the packet back to NVC. But she was told that the packet 3 for CR-1 should be sent to Guangzhou instead.

I would like to know. If we sent the P3 to NVC, is NVC then will send to Guanzhou. Or if we sent  P3 to GZ, then GZ will send to NVC.

Which way is faster?

237276[/snapback]

You follow the instructions in the packet. P3 for CR1 goes to NVC. K visa P3's are the ones that go to GUZ. All P4's go to GUZ.

Per my observation for current 3 years, applicants always send completed forms of Packet 3 to GUZ.

Since your case forwarded to GUZ by NVC, GUZ is the one who process everything now, not NVC.

Guest pushbrk
Per my observation for current 3 years, applicants always send completed forms of Packet 3 to GUZ.

Since your case forwarded to GUZ by NVC, GUZ is the one who process everything now, not NVC.

237281[/snapback]

This is a CR1 case. CR1 receives the P3 from NVC and RETURNS P3 to NVC. NVC then forwards case to GUZ.

Your answer is correct for K visa cases.

This is a CR1 case.  CR1 receives the P3 from NVC and RETURNS P3 to NVCNVC then forwards case to GUZ.

Your answer is correct for K visa cases.

237284[/snapback]

Mike is right.

CR1's p3 should mail back to NVC, after review p3 and I-864, your case will be completed at NVC, then NVC will pakage everything of your case and send it to GZ.

I am CR1, please read my signature for your reference.

Hi,

I would like to know. If we sent the P3 to NVC, is NVC then will send to Guanzhou. Or if we sent  P3 to GZ, then GZ will send to NVC.

Which way is faster?

237276[/snapback]

Will, you need to verify WHO sent the P3. You have 2 cases that are going on here and I think you may have incorrect info on your timeline.

IF the P3 arrived with a return address of Guangzhou it is P3 for the K-3 visa and in that case it would be returned to GZ.

IF the return address is from NVC then it is for the CR-1 case and needs to be returned to NVC.

CR1 receives the P3 from NVC and RETURNS P3 to NVCNVC then forwards case to GUZ.

237284[/snapback]

I did see CR1 applicants in Guangzhou, Taishan, Fujian receive P3 from GUZ and return P3 to GUZ.

Does it mean if an applicant chose the address in China in the previous procedure form then she will receive P3 from GUZ???

CR1 receives the P3 from NVC and RETURNS P3 to NVCNVC then forwards case to GUZ.

237284[/snapback]

I did see CR1 applicants in Guangzhou, Taishan, Fujian receive P3 from GUZ and return P3 to GUZ.

Does it mean if an applicant chose the address in China in the previous procedure form then she will receive P3 from GUZ???

237294[/snapback]

DCF VISA'S P3 FROM GZ

Let's try to summary all the visa types, what they get for P3, and what is returned to where:

CR1, filing in US:

- P3 = I-864 and DS-230

- I-864 form = Return to NVC ; (realize the 'fee' is/was sent to St. louis)

- DS-230, Part I = Return to NVC

(Returns to NVC, including the bar-coded sheet with the case number)

CR1, filing in China (DCF):

- P3 = OF-169, DS-230, I-864

- OF-169 & DS-230 part I = Return to GUZ

- I-864 = Bring to Interview

K1 & K3:

- P3 = OF-169 & DS-230

- OF-169 & DS-230 = Return to GUZ

---------

Can anyone completing CR1 verify the completeness of the comments above? [ I thought the bar coded sheet was part of the return, but not sure if this comes with the P3... I know that some generate this separately...]

We're CR1/CR2 filed in USA for each application the following were the response to the P3 packet from NVC:

* The Barcode Sheet page

* DS-230 Part 1

* I-864 (Notarized)

* Authorization for Release of Federal Tax Data form

* Copies of the last 3 year Tax returns including W2s

* Letter of Employment

* Packet 3 Supplement Information Sheet for the US Consulate General Guangzhou, China (has the Chinese and telegraphic codes for the names)

* Fees (4 separate cashier checks)

All returned back to NVC per the instructions in the packet.

Hi,

Which way is faster?

237276[/snapback]

I believe the final answer will be to follow the instructions in whichever P3 you received. Don't try to second guess them or deviate from their instructions.