Even though I have yet to make my first visit to China to meet Wen Li and yet to make a proposal of marriage to her I am curious to view all the forms that will be required for a K-1 visa to bring my future love home to me when the time arrives.

Am I able to obtain all the forms required for this process at this stage of our relationship?

If so, where or how do I take the proper steps to get these forms so I can begin to review them in advance?

Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

checkout the CFL Timelines with Menus, containing links to for most everything possible... you'll find a menu option for "Forms"...

Timelines & FAQ

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19303

For a step by step for the I-129F petition, see VJ's guide on K1:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...om&page=k1guide

For P3, P4, Interview, see the FAQs posted in first link...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Even though I have yet to make my first visit to China to meet Wen Li and yet to make a proposal of marriage to her I am curious to view all the forms that will be required for a K-1 visa to bring my future love home to me when the time arrives.

Am I able to obtain all the forms required for this process at this stage of our relationship?

If so, where or how do I take the proper steps to get these forms so I can begin to review them in advance?

236630[/snapback]

uscis.gov on the left side there is an area that says forms.

236630[/snapback]

uscis.gov on the left side there is an area that says forms.

236638[/snapback]

Hello,

VisaPro.com has free fillable forms also.

-James and Loving Candle

Looking at all the different forms from start to finish can be a little intimidating right now.

You will need to file the I-129F. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...iles/I-129F.pdf

You will need to file the G-325A. http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/for...iles/g-325a.pdf

Download these 2 and print them off so you can read, and then re-read them 100 times and practice filling them out (you will file 1 set of 4 G-325A for her, and 1 set of 4 G-325A for you). These are the 2 you will need to file your initial K1 petition. The rest come later, you don't need to worry about them now. You will have plenty of time later to look at them, before you make your trip to see her.

You will probably have questions just from looking at these 2, so start here and don't try to do it all at once. Learn some of the language and terms that the forms talk or ask about, then ask questions here at CFL.

Good luck. :P

Edited by MikeandRong (see edit history)

AND be sure to study all the things that you should do on the first China trip to help document your relationship. Taking a video camera and making a tape of you and her communicating is usually a good thing.

SAVE every piece of paper you get that is associated with this and subsequent trips.

If you use IM be sure to enable the automatic archiving of messages for relationship evidence. Get a calling card (I use OneSuite.com) that will let you print the call records online.

-James and Loving Candle

Welcome to CFL.

Everyone already gave you links to the forms, I would just suggest that when you do visit that you take some G-325 forms with you for her to sign, and obtain some passport pictures of her to bring back with you. These are things you will need to start your application. Not knowing about your relationship, I would also suggest that you can get the information from her to fill the forms out before you go the I-129F and the G-325, that way you can print them and all she will need to do is sign them.

Rick

Welcome to CFL.

Everyone already gave you links to the forms, I would just suggest that when you do visit that you take some G-325 forms with you for her to sign, and obtain some passport pictures of her to bring back with you. These are things you will need to start your application. Not knowing about your relationship, I would also suggest that you can get the information from her to fill the forms out before you go the I-129F and the G-325, that way you can print them and all she will need to do is sign them.

Rick

236665[/snapback]

good points. Some have their SO sign an "Intent to marry", but it should be notarized (and in english)... and informal pictures will prove you were physically together. Some pictures have a date stamp on them.

Guest pushbrk
Welcome to CFL.

Rick

236665[/snapback]

good points. Some have their SO sign an "Intent to marry", but it should be notarized (and in english)... and informal pictures will prove you were physically together. Some pictures have a date stamp on them.

236668[/snapback]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No need to notirize the letter of intent unless it makes you feel better. A very informal letter works just fine, it only requires a signature. There can be one from each party, or a combined letter with both signing. There is no prescribed format.

I punched something out in Word and signed it. I did another and emailed it to Xiahong. She signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back to me. That was our letters of intent and had absolutely no problem or question about them.

All through the process, I NEVER notarized anything that was not specifically required to be notarized. Again, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and do it. It causes no harm.

236694[/snapback]

Exactly. The Chinese SO is required to submit some notarial translations of Chinese documents but "notarizing" a signature or signed statement is a US Notary function. To my knowledge there are no documents the Chinese SO must "sign" before a "notary".

"Notarizing" and "Notarial Translations/Documents" are Elephants and Gerbels.

Welcome to CFL.

Rick

236665[/snapback]

236668[/snapback]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. No need to notirize the letter of intent unless it makes you feel better. A very informal letter works just fine, it only requires a signature. There can be one from each party, or a combined letter with both signing. There is no prescribed format.

I punched something out in Word and signed it. I did another and emailed it to Xiahong. She signed it, scanned it, and emailed it back to me. That was our letters of intent and had absolutely no problem or question about them.

All through the process, I NEVER notarized anything that was not specifically required to be notarized. Again, if it makes you feel better, go ahead and do it. It causes no harm.

236694[/snapback]

Agree... it's not required.. the I-129F states "original statements" but does not suggest "sworn" as it does in another part of the instructions.

The visa service I started out with stated to notarize it and I tend to agree with the reasoning, not because it made me feel better :huh:

But I did not submit one from my SO (again the visa service said no need), but this is against what the I-129F states and VJ states... but I did not have any issue.

We went a little overboard and submitted THREE letters of intent, all 'notarial translations' in China. The signing of the third was sworn before a Chinese notary and (IMHO) proved both our intent to marry, her complete knowledge in her own language AND our presence together in China on the notarial date.

-James and Loving Candle