The money she makes from working part-time goes to lotions and clothes.  The money I make goes to everything else. :lol:

237469[/snapback]

She has bought a dozen of underwear for you, right? :D

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, comparing with those stingy wifes here, I am a too luxious wife. I was stingy in my first marriage after I got my son, bought a new house here. I didnt buy any new clothes for 4 years. Yes, chinese dont like to be in debt. That was why I saved every penny I could. Yes my life was getting better and better, but my marriage crashed. Guess what then? I almost gave my ex husband all my savings in divorce.It really hurted me. now I understand I should not be so hard on myself. Love someone you need love yourself first. My salary is OK here. I seldom buy cheap clothes, I like nice clothes, but most of them I bought when they were on sale. My clothes usally are around 300rmb after sale.Occasionally I award myself buying expensive clothes, like last year I spent $200 on a jacket. My husband said I am an expensive wife too after he mailed me few times Lancome lotions, $53 eyecream, $60 daycream. :D Since we bought a new house in the US, now I chose another cheaper one in china. I spent money on Yoga, gym club, facial, body massage

Yes I think I can only enjoy them here as they are much cheaper in China.

difference between american is chinese about money is I can save every penny to buy nice clothes, but my husband can save moeny to buy his fishing stuff.

when we were in Beijing. I told my husband we could stay in a cheaper hotel, so money we saved could buy a pretty $100 scarf for me. He didnt agree. We still stayed at 5 star hotel there, and I bought that scarf by my salary.

My husband can drive 7 or 8 hours to another city to fishing with his fishing buddy. Honestly for me I would not do that, I would use that money to buy my lotions :D ( dont tell my husband that :D ).

difference between american is chinese about money is I can save every penny to buy nice clothes, but my husband can save moeny to buy his fishing stuff.

when we were in Beijing. I told my husband we could stay in a cheaper hotel, so money we saved could buy a pretty $100 scarf for me. He didnt agree. We still stayed at 5 star hotel there, and I bought that scarf  by my salary.

My husband can drive 7 or 8 hours to another city to fishing with his fishing buddy. Honestly for me I would not do that, I would use that money to buy my lotions :D ( dont tell my husband that :D ).

237840[/snapback]

I don't go fishing, but I do believe fishing can bring more pleasure, more enjoyment than good lotions and nice clothes, and I don't think I'd sacrifice 5-star-hotel for a $100 scarf (if it's for fishing stuff, I'd understand :D )

Guangdong is the production base of clothes so clothing are inexpensive. Years ago, we sold pants to South Korean at $5.9/pair. My cousin visited South Korean and bought it for $58/pair (yes, good Korean brand :D ). Cantonese sell shoes at $4.5/pair to America, Canada, and my friends bought there for $45/pair and brought them back to China :D :D

when we were in Beijing. I told my husband we could stay in a cheaper hotel, so money we saved could buy a pretty $100 scarf for me. He didnt agree. We still stayed at 5 star hotel there, and I bought that scarf  by my salary.

My husband can drive 7 or 8 hours to another city to fishing with his fishing buddy. Honestly for me I would not do that, I would use that money to buy my lotions :redblob: ( dont tell my husband that :redblob: ).

237840[/snapback]

I don't go fishing, but I do believe fishing can bring more pleasure, more enjoyment than good lotions and nice clothes, and I don't think I'd sacrifice 5-star-hotel for a $100 scarf (if it's for fishing stuff, I'd understand :greenblob: )

Guangdong is the production base of clothes so clothing are inexpensive. Years ago, we sold pants to South Korean at $5.9/pair. My cousin visited South Korean and bought it for $58/pair (yes, good Korean brand :redblob: ). Cantonese sell shoes at $4.5/pair to America, Canada, and my friends bought there for $45/pair and brought them back to China :redblob: :toot:

237845[/snapback]

wow, I am jealous of you smilingasian. Yes a lot clothes here are from Guangzhou, here it is not as cheap as there. I wish I could stay at your city and shopping everyday as I love shopping :redblob:

We Chinese women can be frugal if we need to, but we also know how to spend money. 

You may ask your Chinese SOs whether they have routinely visited beauty salon to have facial done while in China and have completely given up this habit after moving to US. :)

236560[/snapback]

My wife is very thrifty a bargain hunter which is fine with me since we have similiar views when it comes to spending money. She will occasionally indulge in a pedicure/toenail polish and perm/hair cut. Since I don’t need to utilize my wife’s income she sends most of it to her family in China for education and family needs, which for her is very satisfying and brings her happiness. When we return to China early next year she plans on purchasing her clothes since she not real pleased with the fashion or prices here.

237123[/snapback]

My wife’s clothes are very beautiful and seem to be well made I know she likes to hand wash them and hang them on the clothes line because she says they will last longer plus there are probably other reasons. She hasn’t got adjusted to the fashion or prices here in the states and prefers to wait tell we return to China early next year. I actually enjoy shopping with her in China she is from a smaller city and you can get custom fitted clothing or shop/ store bought clothes at a very reasonable price along with accessories. We will stock up on any lotions etc. while were there to bring back, fortunately my wife doesn’t wear makeup which is what I prefer and her also.

wow, I am jealous of you smilingasian. Yes a lot clothes here are from Guangzhou, here it is not as cheap as there.  I wish I could stay at your city and shopping everyday as I love shopping :)

237979[/snapback]

Guangzhou is extremely hot and you are perspiring so you don't need lotion at all but you can afford to replace the stuff in your wardrobe every year or every season.

wow, I am jealous of you smilingasian. Yes a lot clothes here are from Guangzhou, here it is not as cheap as there.  I wish I could stay at your city and shopping everyday as I love shopping :blink:

237979[/snapback]

Guangzhou is extremely hot and you are perspiring so you don't need lotion at all but you can afford to replace the stuff in your wardrobe every year or every season.

238011[/snapback]

Yep, the weather in Guangzhou is terrible. Hot and humid, that almost killed me when I was there in June. I only stayed there 3 days, then flew back my city. I like my city much better than yours. Here it is also hot, but it is dry, not humid. Besides, a lot of cheap delicious snack food here.

My husband can drive 7 or 8 hours to another city to fishing with his fishing buddy. Honestly for me I would not do that, I would use that money to buy my lotions :blink: ( dont tell my husband that :lol: ).

237840[/snapback]

How about golf trips too? Golf trips can be expensive.

My husband can drive 7 or 8 hours to another city to fishing with his fishing buddy. Honestly for me I would not do that, I would use that money to buy my lotions :blink: ( dont tell my husband that :lol: ).

237840[/snapback]

I don't go fishing, but I do believe fishing can bring more pleasure, more enjoyment than good lotions and nice clothes, and I don't think I'd sacrifice 5-star-hotel for a $100 scarf (if it's for fishing stuff, I'd understand :D )

Guangdong is the production base of clothes so clothing are inexpensive. Years ago, we sold pants to South Korean at $5.9/pair. My cousin visited South Korean and bought it for $58/pair (yes, good Korean brand :D ). Cantonese sell shoes at $4.5/pair to America, Canada, and my friends bought there for $45/pair and brought them back to China :D :lol:

237845[/snapback]

I saw some Levi Jeans in a department store in GZ for $70. Also, suits were selling at over $1000. I guess brand name are more expensive in China than in USA.

One other thing to think about concerning having kids, smilingAsia. Ever since my daughter was born, I hardly spend time shopping for myself. Often I went out planning to add things to my wardrobe, but ended up in the Children's department. :cheering: Am i complaining? No. It is just that maternal instinct is curiously powerful.

I saw some Levi Jeans in a department store in GZ for $70.  Also, suits were selling at over $1000.  I guess brand name are more expensive in China than in USA.

238200[/snapback]

Yes, and imported stuff are damn expensive, due to tariff.

Local women here buy good quality stuff at reasonable price and we buy good brands only when they are on sale :lol:

Most of the labor-intensive products are cheap in China.

I saw some Levi Jeans in a department store in GZ for $70.  Also, suits were selling at over $1000.  I guess brand name are more expensive in China than in USA.

238200[/snapback]

Yes, and imported stuff are damn expensive, due to tariff.

Local women here buy good quality stuff at reasonable price and we buy good brands only when they are on sale :blink:

Most of the labor-intensive products are cheap in China.

238273[/snapback]

I got an overcoat in Beijing in 2002 that was so cheap and yet so well made and warm. Also the outside material does not wrinkle so it is so good for traveling on business. 2 weeks later in Xi'an I found the exact same overcoat made in Italy. The only diference was the label. I had no idea I was buying a duplicate, or was the Italian one from China to begin with? I still use this coat. I have never seen anything like it in the USA.

Well as far as spending I think I got through to my sweet one that the cost of trips to GZ is of no concern. We must do what we need to do to get the visa's. Boy finally.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)