It is good to make the distinction that AR is not necessarily Name check related... I think you did the right thing by asking specifically about a name check, but you do need to also know specifically if it's out of AR or not.

You should get a letter from NVC once the case is cleared to go, which would be one indication that it's about to be sent.

Once it goes to the consulate, I wouldn't waste much time attempting to track it; it will get there and entered in about a month, and DOS can tell you that.

But here's one post about DHL:

tracking DHL mail?, I don't have a clue!

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7871

237805[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for the link, David. That is exactly what I was looking for!

He did say it was completely done and would be going out with the 'next batch'... do they wait until they get a certain amount and then send them to GUZ?

237807[/snapback]

I would keep calling each day until they tell you "It went out on X date." Then you can try tracking. When they give you an NVC out date, you know it's on its way to GUZ.

237811[/snapback]

We'll do - thanks!! :(

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is good to make the distinction that AR is not necessarily Name check related... I think you did the right thing by asking specifically about a name check, but you do need to also know specifically if it's out of AR or not.

You should get a letter from NVC once the case is cleared to go, which would be one indication that it's about to be sent.

Once it goes to the consulate, I wouldn't waste much time attempting to track it; it will get there and entered in about a month, and DOS can tell you that.

237805[/snapback]

He did say it was completely done and would be going out with the 'next batch'... do they wait until they get a certain amount and then send them to GUZ?

237807[/snapback]

I would keep calling each day until they tell you "It went out on X date." Then you can try tracking. When they give you an NVC out date, you know it's on its way to GUZ.

237811[/snapback]

Thanks again for the info, Mike! I called NVC just now and they told me it went out to GUZ on 8/16 (yesterday)! So your earlier prediction: "NVC probably already has your case and it will probably leave for Guangzhou within the week." was pretty much Right On the Mark!!

Thanks for all the help!! Now for tracking it thru DHL :lol:

237805[/snapback]

237807[/snapback]

237811[/snapback]

Thanks again for the info, Mike! I called NVC just now and they told me it went out to GUZ on 8/16 (yesterday)! So your earlier prediction: "NVC probably already has your case and it will probably leave for Guangzhou within the week." was pretty much Right On the Mark!!

Thanks for all the help!! Now for tracking it thru DHL :P

238293[/snapback]

My I 129f left for Guz yesterday also.. We are probably in the same package.. let's hope for a speedy trip to Guz :lol: