I have my GUV number and know the date NVC sent our I-129F Nov 16th 2004 . However, I do not have a clue how to work the DHL web site!

Also, I e-mailed Guangzhou last night and got an immediate response. They have not received my I-129F form from NVC.

I want to thank everyone who helps people like me. I had no problem with filing the first round of forms with Texas and Chicago BUT the Guangzhou phase has got me a little rattled. I have this feeling that things aren't "right" there!

Rup

I have my GUV number and know the date NVC sent our I-129F  Nov 16th 2004 .  However, I do not have a clue how to work the DHL web site!

Also, I e-mailed Guangzhou last night and got an immediate response.  They have not received my I-129F form from NVC.

I want to thank everyone who helps people like me.  I had no problem with filing the first round of forms with Texas and Chicago BUT the Guangzhou phase has got me a little rattled.  I have this feeling that things aren't "right" there!

Rup

You need to call DHL and give them the NVC actual address.

Then give them the day NVC told you they sent the package to GZ and DHL can give you the tracking number.

Go to the DHL site and look for the tracking button click on it and put that number they gave you in and you can then see the route of the package.

Rup,

I am at work and don't have all the info handy, maybe someone else will post it, if not I will when I get home tonight.

If NVC sent your I- 129 Nov 16th then it is probably "aging" in the DHL warehouse in Guangzhou. They call it clearance delay.... Average from date of NVC shipment to date of recieving P-3 is about 40 days, So anyway you are probably doing OK and she could recieve her P-3 end of the month :D

DHL

DHL tel: 1-800-225-5345 ( I found this number in my old notes, they have even changed the prompts around)

Looks like DHL may have changed their website where a person can't access the shipments.

After seeing this post, I thought I would give it a whirl, for old times sake...lol.

I got the tracking numbers (formerly known as waybill, or airbill numbers) for the November 16th mailing but they won't work. Sorry about that. The operator told me that there were two shipments on the 16th:

9340445100.......153.5 kg

9340445225.......24.5 kg

Both are in delay according to the operator.

It used to be that a person could track the shipment and at least it gave a "sense of knowing" and not having that "lost" feeling, but now, it seems that that little piece of freedom has been taken away.

But don't worry. As Gene said, your petition, among others, is being held by customs until the consulate retrieves them. It could take awhile but hopefully not. This is just "par for the course."

Won't NVC tell you the tracking number?

I'm in a similar situation. NVC sent mine on Dec. 2.

Also, I just got off the phone with DHL and there were about 4-5 shipments that left on Dec. 2 and 3 to Guangzhou.... all of which are in a "customs delay". So does this mean that it has already arrived at GZ? So i my case also waiting to be picked up? How often does GZ go and pick them up?

All you can get from NVC is the mailing date and the GUZ number. But with the mailing date you can call DHL and get the tracking number of packages picked up on your date. Of course, you won't know exactly what package your petition is in but you can narrow it down to an approximation by talking with the DHL operator and you do know the date. Now it seems you can't even track them any more unless there's something I'm overlooking.

I think ours, at the time, was the longest delay. 71 days. There were quite a few people in that delay and it became a hot issue. I haven't seen any as long as that since.

It used to be that a person could track the shipment and at least it gave a "sense of knowing" and not having that "lost" feeling, but now, it seems that that little piece of freedom has been taken away.

I tried also :) I guess someone closed that door ;)

Here is our package's recent travel journal. It was among 4 packages in a shipment. The other 3 cleared customs within 8 hours. I hope this means the consulate will get it soon.

12/9/04 2 : 16 am Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

1 : 42 am In Transit. Guangzhou, China

12/8/04 9 : 31 pm Clearance processing complete. Guangzhou, China

11/14/04 9 : 02 pm Clearance Delay. Guangzhou, China

11/13/04 5 : 19 pm Processed for clearance Guangzhou, China

3 : 49 pm Arrived at DHL facility. Guangzhou, China

4 : 48 am In Transit. Kowloon, Hong Kong

1 : 42 am Arrived at DHL facility. Kowloon, Hong Kong

11/11/04 4 : 45 am Departing origin. Erlanger, KY

12 : 44 am In transit. Erlanger, KY

Picked Up by DHL.

Shipper: Receiver: