RFE for I-485

Already got NOA w/instructions (addrress and time) for biometrics (fingerprinting and photograph),which actually is tommorrow.Today I get a RFE in the mail asking to submit I-864 AGAIN.....to a different address,which is USDHS,P.O.Box 648006,Lee's Summit,MO.64064.Letter states they are unable to complete the processing of the I-485,unless I submit the I-864.I originally sent AOS package to the Chicago lockbox as instructed.

Now case in point.....Already filed I-485,w/I-864 (new/short version)already got NOA,and have biometric appointment tommorrow;and now this.......I almost tend to think they're not accepting the short version of I-864 yet,as they are asking for I-864-which is very long-confusing-and drawn out.Yes we are still going to the biometric appointment tommorrow so she can be fingerprinted.Just seems to me the I-485 submitted earlier is OK (being she has been given an appointment date for biometrics.

Yes....letter states we have 87 (that's a weird number) days to respond.I am assuming the new/short version is satisfactory (?),because I do meet the criteria.How do/would they loose the I-864?This really seems strange.After all;we DID get a NOA along w/a biometric appointment....'think they're "feeling me out"????

Yes....letter states we have 87 (that's a weird number) days to respond.I am assuming the new/short version is satisfactory (?),because I do meet the criteria.How do/would they loose the I-864?This really seems strange.After all;we DID get a NOA along w/a biometric appointment....'think they're "feeling me out"????

234890[/snapback]

If you meet the criteria go for the EZ form, shouldn't be an issue, they just want an Affidavit of Support for your file.

On your other question, you're just giving them too much credit, remember it's a government operation. :lol:

Don't give RFE for lost documents another minute's thought.  There is no conspiracy, only a lot of lost papers.

234905[/snapback]

I understand Congress will allocate a few billion more this year for the government to house all the lost papers that they didn't loose but just can't find. :lol:

Oh yeah;I have copies of the whole AOS package I initialy sent.Am just wondering (for authentication purposes) if I should just write a new I-864EZ,and have the boss write a new employment letter;or just send copies of the originals I ALREADY sent.

P.S..........so much for our record of the AOS process being smooth and prompt.

Oh yeah;I have copies of the whole AOS package I initialy sent.Am just wondering (for authentication purposes) if I should just write a new I-864EZ,and have the boss write a new employment letter;or just send copies of the originals I ALREADY sent.

234925[/snapback]

send what you already sent, unless it has changed!

this happens all the time!

we just sent our evidence in from our RFE, including a W2, but we hadn't had to submit one since 2004, so obviously they needed an updated one....

anyway, quit trying to figure it out, and just sent it in,....expect this type of activity from them! at least you know they are looking into your app....and the whole thing isn't lost!! this is good new buddy! hahaha

trying to see the bright side!!

hehe

234925[/snapback]

send what you already sent, unless it has changed!

this happens all the time!

we just sent our evidence in from our RFE, including a W2, but we hadn't had to submit one since 2004, so obviously they needed an updated one....

anyway, quit trying to figure it out, and just sent it in,....expect this type of activity from them! at least you know they are looking into your app....and the whole thing isn't lost!! this is good new buddy! hahaha

trying to see the bright side!!

hehe

234935[/snapback]

Even docs. w/signatures?..

My advice is copy what you send and send by US Express Mail overnight and print out the tracking form and the reciept signature.

234911[/snapback]

My rule of thumb for this whole process has been

to make 5 copies (of completed packets) for everything

I have submitted.

I may seem funny in a few years.