Please God, Buddha, Confucius, somebody

Peckerwood

OK, now that the passport delima has passed. A Typhoon has taken out the rails going into GUZ :blink: :o :P WTF, I'm not asking for much, Just one little break would be nice though. Is it Divine intervention? Is is evil forces? Damn, the US FEDS did enough of a job keeping us separated for this excruciatingly painful amount of time. Now all the forces of nature, and evil, are trying their hardest to keep us apart. Come on,give us a break, throw us a bone, what the hell did we do to rest of the world that all these things keep happening to us???

Sheesh :D ;) :P :vava: :Dah:

Guest pushbrk
OK, now that the passport delima has passed.  A Typhoon has taken out the rails going into GUZ :blink:  :o  :unsure:  WTF, I'm not asking for much, Just one little break would be nice though.  Is it Divine intervention? Is is evil forces?  Damn, the US FEDS did enough of a job keeping us separated for this excruciatingly painful amount of time.  Now all the forces of nature, and evil, are trying their hardest to keep us apart.  Come on,give us a break, throw us a bone, what the hell did we do to rest of the world that all these things keep happening to us???

Sheesh :exclaim:  :bangin:  B)  :vava:  :Dah:

231452[/snapback]

I sure was impressed with the Guangzhou airport. :)

I don't know about the track of the typhoon, but early last week when I was online with SO I had asked about the weather and she did mention a typhoon and accompanying rains. She in in Nanning. I do not know about damage to rail lines as she never mentioned damage, but it is always possible. This is their typhoon season and it will last for another couple of months.

My wife says they are getting a lot of rain but I can't find any information about a typhoon being tracked on any of the weather sites. I lived in Florida for 30 years and know they can develop anytime anywhere. I will ask my wife soon when we talk tonight to see if she has heard anything.

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
ACCU Weather Hurricane Center

Today's Discussion

No Tropical Cyclones in the West Pacific

Posted: 16-JUL-2006 05:50am EDT

By AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Gerald Mohler

As of early Sunday, there were no tropical systems in the western Pacific and none were expected to develop for the next 24-48 hours.

231476[/snapback]

Typhoon Bilis has been downgraded to a Tropical Storm after ravaging HK, Guangdong and Hunan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/5185314.stm

Flooding is reported to have cut the main Beijing-Guangzhou railway line, stranding 5,000 passengers in Changsha, Hunan province.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
OK, now that the passport delima has passed.   A Typhoon has taken out the rails going into GUZ :vava:  :)  :unsure:   WTF, I'm not asking for much, Just one little break would be nice though.  Is it Divine intervention? Is is evil forces?  Damn, the US FEDS did enough of a job keeping us separated for this excruciatingly painful amount of time.  Now all the forces of nature, and evil, are trying their hardest to keep us apart.  Come on,give us a break, throw us a bone, what the hell did we do to rest of the world that all these things keep happening to us???

Sheesh :exclaim:  :blink:  B)  :Dah:  :o

231452[/snapback]

231466[/snapback]

I have it under control pushbrk,,It certainly is an inconvenience after she has had her train ticket for over two weeks now. She has to take a plane to GUZ. It was just a little unexpected. I was just wondering why so many ill-fated things have to happen to one single case. I see you have sailed along without problems. I truly hope it continues that way. I believe someone had quoted a poem that was so true to this type of situation earlier. Something by Burns, the Irish poet nobody can understand, I think :bangin:

Guest pushbrk
OK, now that the passport delima has passed.?nbsp; A Typhoon has taken out the rails going into GUZ :blink:?:o?:unsure:?nbsp; WTF, I'm not asking for much, Just one little break would be nice though.?Is it Divine intervention? Is is evil forces??Damn, the US FEDS did enough of a job keeping us separated for this excruciatingly painful amount of time.?Now all the forces of nature, and evil, are trying their hardest to keep us apart.?Come on,give us a break, throw us a bone, what the hell did we do to rest of the world that all these things keep happening to us???

Sheesh :(?:bangin:?:angry:?:vava:?:Dah:

231452[/snapback]

231466[/snapback]

I have it under control pushbrk,,It certainly is an inconvenience after she has had her train ticket for over two weeks now. She has to take a plane to GUZ. It was just a little unexpected. I was just wondering why so many ill-fated things have to happen to one single case. I see you have sailed along without problems. I truly hope it continues that way. I believe someone had quoted a poem that was so true to this type of situation earlier. Something by Burns, the Irish poet nobody can understand, I think :unsure:

231485[/snapback]

It neevr occured to me that you were also Peckerwood.

The information changes, as 2 hours ago I also read that the rail line was out between Beijing and Guanghzou. The paper just updated it to this, and changed the wording.

Part of China's main north-south railway line was reportedly submerged, delaying thousands of travelers. State media said a 10,000-member repair crew was dispatched to fix the damage.

A front-page photo in the Beijing Youth Daily newspaper showed train cars submerged nearly to their windows at the Lechang train station.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-07...tent_642540.htm