Another Canned Response

I have a friend that brought a girl here from Russia in 1994. The whole process from beginning to end took 2 months. Now?I can understand additional time for name checks and security and such. But, for this process to take more than 6 or 7 months is an insult and a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the government get away with it.

231069[/snapback]

I have written letters to the President, 2 Senators, governor, and DOS explaining how unfair this process is for those of us trying to bring our loved ones into this country, while millions of illegals run around with no security check having been done on them at all.

The only response I received was from the White House who explained to me that DOS handles these matters and my letter would be forwarded to DOS. 2 months later i received a letter from the the Director of DOS in the Office of Public and Diplomatic Liaison. He stated that DOS understands that delays in visa issuance are seriously complicating the lives of applicants and of those who are waiting for their return. But it all comes down to legal and procedural requirements for the protection and security of the United States. He said each case is unique and setting a time frame is not appropriate.

Anyway lately my fiance has been crying when I talk to her and there is nothing I can do to make her understand that all we can do is continue to wait. It sucks bad. She says she does not trust USA and feels that no one is trying to help us. :rolleyes:

231146[/snapback]

I understand and feel for you.. I have gotten basically the same answer to some of my correspondence. It’s the favorite cop-out for them. If they were really interested in the security of the US they would have done many other things in the 5 years since Sept 11. This process isn’t going to change any time soon and it’s going to take a lot more people trying. So wait we must.. I hate to say this but… I agree with your fiancé… I don’t trust them either.

I have a friend that brought a girl here from Russia in 1994. The whole process from beginning to end took 2 months. Now?I can understand additional time for name checks and security and such. But, for this process to take more than 6 or 7 months is an insult and a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the government get away with it.

231069[/snapback]

I have written letters to the President, 2 Senators, governor, and DOS explaining how unfair this process is for those of us trying to bring our loved ones into this country, while millions of illegals run around with no security check having been done on them at all.

The only response I received was from the White House who explained to me that DOS handles these matters and my letter would be forwarded to DOS. 2 months later i received a letter from the the Director of DOS in the Office of Public and Diplomatic Liaison. He stated that DOS understands that delays in visa issuance are seriously complicating the lives of applicants and of those who are waiting for their return. But it all comes down to legal and procedural requirements for the protection and security of the United States. He said each case is unique and setting a time frame is not appropriate.

Anyway lately my fiance has been crying when I talk to her and there is nothing I can do to make her understand that all we can do is continue to wait. It sucks bad. She says she does not trust USA and feels that no one is trying to help us. :sosad:

231146[/snapback]

I understand and feel for you.. I have gotten basically the same answer to some of my correspondence. It’s the favorite cop-out for them. If they were really interested in the security of the US they would have done many other things in the 5 years since Sept 11. This process isn’t going to change any time soon and it’s going to take a lot more people trying. So wait we must.. I hate to say this but… I agree with your fiancé… I don’t trust them either.

231167[/snapback]

First of all, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Waiting for the P2 (NOA 2) was the worst part of this process (so far) for us. No one to call to could or would do anything. I whined and kicked about this for over 5 months, seeing others take 45 days (from VSC) and over 6 months (from CSC).

The tragic reality is (IMHO) Nothing will be done about it due to the political climate on this subject. (Legals and Illegals have been lumped together :roller: )

231069[/snapback]

Anyway lately my fiance has been crying when I talk to her and there is nothing I can do to make her understand that all we can do is continue to wait. It sucks bad. She says she does not trust USA and feels that no one is trying to help us. :)

231146[/snapback]

I understand and feel for you.. I have gotten basically the same answer to some of my correspondence. It’s the favorite cop-out for them. If they were really interested in the security of the US they would have done many other things in the 5 years since Sept 11. This process isn’t going to change any time soon and it’s going to take a lot more people trying. So wait we must.. I hate to say this but? I agree with your fiancé… I don’t trust them either.

231167[/snapback]

First of all, I know EXACTLY how you feel. Waiting for the P2 (NOA 2) was the worst part of this process (so far) for us. No one to call to could or would do anything. I whined and kicked about this for over 5 months, seeing others take 45 days (from VSC) and over 6 months (from CSC).

The tragic reality is (IMHO) Nothing will be done about it due to the political climate on this subject. (Legals and Illegals have been lumped together :o )

231253[/snapback]

I know this would never happen, but I've often have the thought...if everyone that's fed up with the exscuses, stupid delays, and excessive time apart were to say.."screw this, let's all go overseas to live"...I bet that'd get some attention thousands of people just up and leaving.

God, if they'd just allow them to visit so those of us who aren't rich, retired, self employed, or lucky enough to have a good boss who will allow you a week or so to visit them, could see our spouses.

Amen, Spark. Best was in our denial. One issue was communication [lack of common language]. In the rebut letter I pointed out that at the SO interview, the VO called in someone else to translate. Bet that got me brownie points. System is wack. Play it out, only game in town.