Vaccinations supplement

It appears as the medical exam is not required if you had one back in China for the P4 / Interview.

However it does mention in the AOS form instructions, that as K-1's you need to get "vaccinations supplement " here in the U.S

Anyone can clarify this?

-What is it?

-Looks like it has to be filed with the I-485, not after.

Thanks

Hello Eric,

You will need the supplement filed along with I-485... I am not sure in your area, but in NY(the local INS) they have their own rules... so My husband and I went down to the INS and obtain the correct forms and etc... on one of the sheet, they give the 1-800 number to call for doctors for medical exam. of course your wife does not need one, but vaccination.

When you go to the doctors for vaccination, your wife will took at lease two-shots and then the doc. will give you a copy, a sealed envelope with another copy of the filled vaccination form address to INS...

Check with your local INS or the INS where you filled your I-485 first, cause everywhere could be different...

Good luck

Dawn

I heard there are three shots, two if she had chicken pox before. Still haven't found the information whether it has to be given by INS appointed doctor, or any health care facility. I hope the later is acceptable, since she will need to have her immunization record kept by her primary care physician anyway.

sy

Also, it said "You may include vaccination supplement with your AOS application."

No. Not "may "

It actuallay says " you only need to submit the vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report ". Page 2 of instructions, left column, 3rd paragraph "fiancees"

So, it's not really an option

Bring the form to the doctor, as most don't have it or even know about it

SUPPLEMENTAL FORM TO I-693 is on page 12

I heard there are three shots, two if she had chicken pox before.  Still haven't found the information whether it has to be given by INS appointed doctor, or any health care facility.  I hope the later is acceptable, since she will need to have her immunization record kept by her primary care physician anyway.

sy

you are correct about the shots

I would go to a INS doctor though, or at least have the doc fill the

supplement I-693.

Most dosctors ( even INS's ) don't have this supplemental form, so

it's good to bring one

I did call the 800 number this week and asked that question. The lady on the phone told me that I didn't need to mail the vaccination report.  :P And I mailed my forms to BCIS this afternoon without that vaccination form in. :blink: I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

What forms did you mail?

If you mailed form I-485... look at page 2, left column, paragraph "Fiancees" of the instructions.. It does require supplemental to form I-693 ( vaccinations). But not the medical exam itself if less than one year old.

Personally, I don't believe just one source at BCIS, State or otherwise.... When I filed the AOS today, I had all 3 offices, the Wichita KS office, the Nebraska Service Center and the Kansas City district office ( all 3 possible juridictions ) all confirm to me that my AOS filing and I-131 and I-765 should indeed all go to Kansas city office

;) Which we did

Remember that when you call ONE person at any agency, you will get ONE answer that WILL depends on what THIS person personally knows about the system...For all you know she/ he might have been hired yesterday...

So cross -ref your info and get 2nd and third opinion...

Littlbear: If you mailed I-485 today, without the vaccinations, I strongly suggest you get those and mail supplemental to I-693 to the BCIS office.. Mention on the enveloppe.... Supplemental to Form I-693 addendum to original I-485 submission sent xx/xx/03

Can anyone clarify which two shots are needed, and if the vaccination record for the two shots from a US doctor acceptable to the INS appointed doctor for filing to form I-693.

Thanks.

sy

an INS doctor will most likely accept the vaccinations from another doctor.

Vaccs needed depend on your age. Most get varicella ( chicken pox ) 2 shots one month apart, DT ( 1 shot ) and MMR ( 1 shot ). the supplemental I-693 will be delivered at the time shots are taken ( even though the 2nd varicella shot has not been administered yet ). The doctor will check the waiver box "insufficient time interval" for that one.

Go to the supplemental vaccinations table needed for you