GUZ asks for same document again

My fiance just received the third blue slip from GUZ. GUZ asked him to submit a resume to state his education background and work history AGAIN! We ALREADY submitted this document back in April and both DOS and GUZ confirmed that they've already received the document in April. Now why do they ask again? Did they lose the document? Or the document we submitted does not meet their requirement? What is going on? We have been waiting since last November and how much longer should we wait? I cannot understand why GUZ keeps torturing us? I am really sad and angry right now. What is wrong with GUZ????

Edited by nathalie509 (see edit history)
Nothing is wrong. GUZ never asks for all they want at one time. They want you to keep coming back again and again. Just play their game and keep bringing what they want.

229635[/snapback]

I do not know what State, in the USA that you live, but you should get to talk with an aide for your Senator. It is their job to help. My Senator has sent letters twice. Once to CSC, and once to Guangzhou. Both times it helped.

Your Senator will be too busy, so try to get to know an aide.

best wishes

Nothing is wrong. GUZ never asks for all they want at one time. They want you to keep coming back again and again. Just play their game and keep bringing what they want.

229635[/snapback]

GUZ never asks for all they want at one time. AND they keep asking for same thing over and over again!!!! What do they want?????

229635[/snapback]

I do not know what State, in the USA that you live, but you should get to talk with an aide for your Senator. It is their job to help. My Senator has sent letters twice. Once to CSC, and once to Guangzhou. Both times it helped.

Your Senator will be too busy, so try to get to know an aide.

best wishes

229637[/snapback]

I am from New York. I have tried to get some help from my senators but never got any response back.

That is the problem. No one will tell you what they want or what is acceptable. At this point you are at their mercy and they have none. You are a case number not a person. You have maybe 5 minutes to wow them at the interview. If not then overcome city.

On the blue slip, it says the Interview Date is 6/30/06. But we didn't go for an interview on 6/30. What does this date mean?

Also what should we do now? Should we submit the same document we provided back in April?

229643[/snapback]

Sorry you’re having such a bad time… it’s the result of a government that is accountable to no one. I don’t have any experience in dealing with GUZ but I have many experiences in dealing with stupid government agencies... irs, veteran’s dept, etc... I have found this approach to work best for me. Give them an “evolution of your case” in outline form

Documents provide at interview 01/01/01

1) document a

2) document b

3) etc

Documents requested and provided at overcome A 01/01/01

1) Document c

2) Document d

3) Document a (again)

Documents requested and provided at overcome B 01/01/01

CC: DOS, Maura Hardy, Washington DC

You get the point... have your SO take it to the next overcome with what they requested (yes same thing) and send a copy of your "evolution" to DOS in Washington. Now… everyone can see what has been submitted at each meeting. I will bet they will not ask for the same document again. Good luck to you.

On the blue slip, it says the Interview Date is 6/30/06. But we didn't go for an interview on 6/30. What does this date mean?

Also what should we do now? Should we submit the same document we provided back in April?

229643[/snapback]

Sorry you’re having such a bad time?it’s the result of a government that is accountable to no one. I don’t have any experience in dealing with GUZ but I have many experiences in dealing with stupid government agencies... irs, veteran’s dept, etc... I have found this approach to work best for me. Give them an “evolution of your case?in outline form

Documents provide at interview 01/01/01

1) document a

2) document b

3) etc

Documents requested and provided at overcome A 01/01/01

1) Document c

2) Document d

3) Document a (again)

Documents requested and provided at overcome B 01/01/01

CC: DOS, Maura Hardy, Washington DC

You get the point... have your SO take it to the next overcome with what they requested (yes same thing) and send a copy of your "evolution" to DOS in Washington. Now?everyone can see what has been submitted at each meeting. I will bet they will not ask for the same document again. Good luck to you.

229671[/snapback]

Thank you Stephen. This is a good point. We will submit all documents again.

After I calm down, now I think I might know why GUZ requests for resume again. The information we provided in the first resume is out-dated. After we submitted the first resume, my fiance quitted his job so that he can spend more time to learn English. How could we forget to update GUZ!!! Now I am angry at myself.

Edited by nathalie509 (see edit history)

You are lucky the petition is still at GUZ after 3 blue slips. Make sure you get it right this time. You don't want to have to go through the process of overcoming it if it is sent back to the USCIS with a recomendation to revoke.

I have followed your case with some interest... and sorry to hear that this saga continues.

Sorry this is long to read.. but wanted to think through what I have been collecting more recently on CCP and so felt compelled to make a few comments here, although maybe they are too late for consideration...

As background, 9FAM covers CCP in :

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940034N.pdf

and

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09fam/0940034PN.pdf

The issue here is "determining possible ineligibility under INA 212 ( a ) ( 3 ) ( D )"... and "whether the association may have been non-meaningful or non-voluntary or whether the alien is entitled to seek an individual waiver under INA 212 ( a ) ( 3 ) ( D ) ( iv )".. [ Of course, this last waiver item is the one to hopefully avoid since this means they deem the applicant ineligible. ]

If a questionnaire is filled out, the VO "must request the Department's advisory opinion in all cases claiming non-meaningful or non-voluntary membership.." Thus, your questionnaire went to Washington to get the SAO's review/opinion...

[ Another section talks of "past membership", I assume to imply that the applicant has quit the party prior to the interview... and how a VO can adjudicate without reference to the SAO... this seems to be a compelling reason to quit prior to the interview--but this is just my opinion, not a legal interpretation which should be done with a immigration lawyer ]

Ultimately, a finding of ineligibility may be based upon:

- Application

- Applicant's statements

- Result of name checks or SAO review

- Other checks that are performed

INVOLUNTARY MEMBERSHIP:

INA 212 ( a ) ( 3 ) ( D ) ( ii ) provides for those cases that "that would otherwise render an alien ineligible"... among those are Involuntary Membership, and particularly "Membership to Obtain or continue Higher Education" , which I assume is your particuarly situation...

Involuntary membership carries the idea that the applicant "does not appear to have subscribed to the communist ideology".

The key points I get out of this section, that you should have presented, if applicable:

- The membership was a prerequisite for admission

- If not a prerequisite, it was necessary to continue studies, benefits, scholarships, accomodations, etc.

At this point, it appears to me that the SAO review is asking for more info about the membership, rather than the consulate (who is acting as the mediator for now).

If you are able to get anyone at the university and/or work to also submit a letter, might also help. I guess this should be done with great care as anything someone says could cause further inquiry too...

It seems to me that involuntary membership for educational reasons should provide you relief from ineligibility.. I do think it's time to consider to have a consultation with an immigrant lawyer familiar with CCP issues to help on your next attempt.

---

Here's a recap for those not familiar with the case:

================================================

Dear Sir or Madam:

I initiated the K1 visa application for my fianc¨¦ last June.  It was approved by DOS and my fianc¨¦ had his interview with Guangzhou Consulate on November 10th 2005. Unfortunately because of my fianc¨¦¡¯s former membership with CCP (Chinese Communist Party), GUZ was not able to issue the visa for him right away. We filled out a questionnaire requested by GUZ to explain his involvement with CCP in November and were told to go home and wait. On April 22nd 2006, GUZ

requested an additional document to state my fianc¨¦ education background and employment history and we did that. 45 days have passed and we still haven¡¯t heard anything from GUZ. It has been more than 6 months since my fianc¨¦ had the interview with GUZ. I have been calling DOS once a week and email GUZ constantly but every time I was told our case was still pending and they do not know how much longer it is going to take.

Dear Sir or Madam, I have known my fianc¨¦ for more than 10 years and I can guarantee that he is a very nice and honest person with no negative intentions. He will not do anything to harm the United States and his only reason for wanting to come here is so that we can be together and build a life here. The only reason he joined CCP was because it could help him to find a job easier. A lot of people do this in China and it doesn¡¯t constitute a desire or involvement with anything out of the ordinary. He is such an honest person who admitted his participation unlike most people who deny their participation. I know that after you do all the checks you may need you will come to the same conclusion I have that he is a terrific person and allow him to come here.

Dear Sir or Madam, can you please help us to find out why our case is taking so long? Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? Any help from you will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much.

222927[/snapback]

I am from New York. I have tried to get some help from my senators but never got any response back.

229640[/snapback]

Take the time and make the effort to visit both senator's and your representative's offices personally. Perpare material outlining the situation that puts it on a personal basis. Meet office staff face to face. Cry if necessary. Get phone numbers. Follow up. They are human.

Best of luck!

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)