Guest pushbrk
Received email today and update from USCIS:

On July 5, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence

or information.  However because preliminary processing was complete,

the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in

this message.  You will receive a written decision on this case.

Things are moving. :)

229158[/snapback]

Now, this is great. I'm guessing you'll have and email indicating approval by the middle of next week. Then a week or so later, you can start calling NVC at 603.334.0700. Should be at NVC out stage before the end of July.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Things are moving. :)

229158[/snapback]

Now, this is great. I'm guessing you'll have and email indicating approval by the middle of next week. Then a week or so later, you can start calling NVC at 603.334.0700. Should be at NVC out stage before the end of July.

229159[/snapback]

I hope you are right, Mike. You have been so far. Thanks :)

It looks clear that under the K-1 petition, the marriage broker has to charge a fee. You might want to contact USCIS or an attorney rather than guess at it.

The term“international marriage broker” means a corporation,partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity,whether or not organized under any law of the UnitedStates, that charges fees [/b][/i]for providing dating, matrimonial,matchmaking services, or social referrals between UnitedStates citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted tothe United States as lawful permanent residents andforeign national clients by providing personal contactinformation or otherwise facilitating communicationbetween individuals. For additional IMBRA requirements,see items 4 and 9 of these instructions.

Guest pushbrk
It looks clear that under the K-1 petition, the marriage broker has to charge a fee.  You might want to contact USCIS or an attorney rather than guess at it.

The term“international marriage broker?means a corporation,partnership, business, individual, or other legal entity,whether or not organized under any law of the UnitedStates, that charges fees [/b][/i]for providing dating, matrimonial,matchmaking services, or social referrals between UnitedStates citizens or nationals or aliens lawfully admitted tothe United States as lawful permanent residents andforeign national clients by providing personal contactinformation or otherwise facilitating communicationbetween individuals. For additional IMBRA requirements,see items 4 and 9 of these instructions.

229171[/snapback]

You are in good company leaving out the exception clauses, since USCIS leaves them out of the definition on both the RFE and the new I-129F.

How does this change your thinking?

=================================================

(B) EXCEPTIONS. Such term does not include:

(i) a traditional matchmaking organization of a cultural or religious nature that operates on a nonprofit basis and otherwise operates in compliance with the laws of the countries in which it operates, including the laws of the United States; or

(ii) an entity that provides dating services if its principal business is not to provide international dating services between United States citizens or United States residents and foreign nationals and it charges comparable rates and offers comparable services to all individuals it serves regardless of the individual's gender or country of citizenship.

=====================================================

Do you think for instance match.com's principal businesss is to provide dating services between US nationals and foreign nationals? I don't.

Does match.com, for instance charge all its members the same regardless of gender or country of citizenship? I think so.

I understand an attorney advising you to play it safe and say yes. It's the best way to make sure some of the people he advises have to come back and pay big fees to solve the problems a false yes will cause for them.

Things are moving. B)

229158[/snapback]

Way to go Ron. It sure would be nice to be all approved and they are just putting the finishing touches on it with that wording of the email. NVC, here you come. :)

or information.? However because preliminary processing was complete,

this message.? You will receive a written decision on this case.

Things are moving. B)

229158[/snapback]

Way to go Ron. It sure would be nice to be all approved and they are just putting the finishing touches on it with that wording of the email. NVC, here you come. :)

229175[/snapback]

Got my RFE today as well. To late to mail it, will drop it off in the morning with I-864.

or information.? However because preliminary processing was complete,

this message.? You will receive a written decision on this case.

Things are moving. B)

229158[/snapback]

229175[/snapback]

Got my RFE today as well. To late to mail it, will drop it off in the morning with I-864.

229180[/snapback]

Way to go on the RFE. I am still waiting on mine, maybe tomorrow.