what is your favorite food your SO cooks

My wife's the same with not liking white meat... I'm so glad, since I'm the same.

Our principle main meat/seafood is pork and fish. Usually any meat to cook is usually soaked in some potato flour for about five minutes. We have only found this in asian markets.

Her cooking style is very fast; 15 minutes is max, unless it sits in water cooking.

My favorite is a spicy pepper fish dish, often recycling the water up to four times and it gets hotter each time and we vary the next main item (meat).

Bill, this is basically the package we gave you guys in Orlando, but we add alot more peppers than were in that package.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love just about everything Li cooks. I guess my most recent, however, is steak, cooked western style. She really does a great job with it. Lots of fresh garlic, tender, wonderful!

228264[/snapback]

One of my wife's favorites foods that she prepares has got to be her dumplings, inside the wraps she add a combination of chestnuts, corn, cabbage, carrot, pork, ginger juice, and maybe a little Uncle Chen's, first she steams them, then the next day she lightly fries them so I guess they go from dumplings to pot stickers?

228282[/snapback]

Dern that sounds tasty, Billy.

I mentioned these ingredients to Leiqin and didn't get much of a response from her. Seems she has her recipe and won't deviate from it. I am tempted to put a little of her's aside and add some of those and see how it comes out.

I've even thought that a bit of Mexican choriso added to the pork might kick it up too.

hmmm

reading these posts are just another reason to say how lucky we are...

:blink: :wub: :wub:

last nights.... dinner

pan fried dumplings....

she mixed some soy with some type of black beans and garlic that just topped it off with a kick of spice :angry:

David we were back at that great chinese market this weekend you showed us.

so much stuff there

its just like your back in china...

this has to be one of the best chinese markets by far in the southeast

Napa Cabbage

Publix 7.99 for 1 freakin head of cabbage

Chinese Market 1.79 some size of cabbage

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

last nights.... dinner

pan fried dumplings....

she mixed some soy with some type of black beans and garlic that just topped it off with a kick of spice :rolleyes:

so much stuff there

Napa Cabbage

228545[/snapback]

My wife forgot to buy Napa cabbage at the Chinese supermarket this weekend so I stopped at our local supermarket this morning the cabbage was $.89 a pound, it makes me wonder now how much they sell it for now. She told me it’s not the size but the weight of the cabbage you’re looking for when you buy it. From experience you’re correct the Chinese supermarkets have great prices.

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

last nights.... dinner

pan fried dumplings....

she mixed some soy with some type of black beans and garlic that just topped it off with a kick of spice :rolleyes:

so much stuff there

Napa Cabbage

228545[/snapback]

@ $7.99 that Napa Cabbage would become Hog Suey before my SO would buy it. Bu Hao Tai Gui Le :wub: :wub:

Edited by Thomas Promise (see edit history)
Wow! I don't know if there is a difference, but cabbage here is 19 cents a pound on sale, and 29 cents a pound off sale. I thought 39 cents a pound was a rip off. :)

We go through a couple of very heavy dense heads each week.

228746[/snapback]

Mike, where is here, where are you from? $.19 pound is a great price after paying $.89 this morning, the head I bought weighed around 2 pounds, I’m very curious to see how much the Chinese market sells theirs for now. Did you buy at a local supermarket?

Northeastern Illinois. The major grocery chains sell for 39-59 cents a pound, but all the local grocery stores in my area are about the same. In the fall when all the local farmers crops come into season, then it is dirt cheap, along with acorn squash too. Quite often they both sell for 10 cents a pound at the farmers market here in town (and I live in a suburb of Chicago too).

Typical breakfest everyday on my last visit, porridge in the bowls and

anything we had the night before. Not much fish, lots of beef,pork,chicken,

duck and once, turtle :hug: !

http://tinypic.com/16kwgf5.jpg

http://tinypic.com/16kwgoj.jpg

http://tinypic.com/16kx16c.jpg

http://tinypic.com/16kx1k9.jpg

http://tinypic.com/16kx1uc.jpg

Nice job, Lou. :hug:

ummm ummm ummm does that ever look good! Yum Yum Yummy!!

Cripes Lou, I know very well how lucky you are to have pleasantly fallin' under the spell of a Nanning (alright, Chinese) woman. She's gonna spoil your NY butt, just like those ole Italian granny's did.

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
Nice job, Lou.  ;)

ummm ummm ummm does that ever look good!  Yum Yum Yummy!!

You are going to be another man who's has pleasantly fallin' under the spell of a Nanning (alright, Chinese) woman.  She's gonna spoil your NY butt, just like those ole Italian granny's did.

228822[/snapback]

I wouldn't want it any other way :P . More important, she will be just

as spoiled :hug: !