Questions for Interview

It seems everyone has some reservations about questions asked at the interview. My SO and I have started to ask each other questions either on chat or the telephone. The more information your SO has memorized, the less she is apt to be nervous. It is like taking a final exam in school. There is a good post on here with 90some questions, but don't take those as the only questions that may be asked. Be as prepared as possible, by creating your own questions of relevance. What is the make and model of your fiancee's car? How many children does your fiancee have? What are their names? Where do they live? What are his parents names? Where do they live?

2nd suggestion is to copy stacks of emails that are recent. Also phone records and anything that will exhibit your ongoing loving relationship. Have your SO have her paperwork in an orderly form. I have suggested my SO buy folders and put tabs on them, so they can immediately be retrieved.

These are but a few of the items I will have prepared. I have seen posts about not taking too much paper. I say hogwash. One other thing I drilled in to my SO is her initial greeting with the VO. I told her to say "Hi.. How are you today".. all the time with a smile on her face.

All other recommendations are welcome.

Good luck to all P4 receipients.

Edited by GaryandSherry (see edit history)

I was sent a short but concise list of questions from my attorney and can be found on a Government web site somewhere. I have made a list of the contents of envelopes or folders my wife will take with her. I told her to set the folders on the counter, ledge, or whatever where they can be seen. My attorney says the more documents the more prepared you appear and generates actually less questions, from his experience. Hand the list of the various folders to the VO as supporting documents with the passport. So they might look and see what is available to them.

I hope this works!!!!!!!!!!

My best advise, especially if you plan to be there. The day before the interview see the sights, do a little shopping, and relax. Give both of you one day to decompress. Of course if she feels better rehearsing the do so but keep it light. Also conversations should be about WHEN not IF she gets the visa and you both will be coming home. Make sure she knows you have confidence in her and that you KNOW she will do well.

Also, get ready for the ride of your life. :)

Be well prepare.  The VO asks my wife to describe my house.  She never saw my house but said it had a big yard.

227517[/snapback]

I sent mine a drawing of the house to show in case she is asked. :rolleyes: Also told her not to guess at anything if she doesn't know say so. Also if she slightly rem,embers me telling her something again don't guess, say my husabnd has told but I forget.

Edited by Lowen/Zhang (see edit history)