King size bed and sheet??

Hey men here, I need all your help. We just bought a new house in the states and we planed to buy some bed settings. I want to know what size of king bed? of course better in chinese meter measurement. Beside that , how about sheet in the states too? If we bought sheet in china, will it shrink by using american washing machine and dryer?? anyone has the experience please share it with me. Thanks

Hey men here, I need all your help. We just bought a new house in the states and we planed to buy some bed settings. I want to know what size of king bed? of course better in chinese meter measurement. Beside that , how about sheet in the states too? If we bought sheet in china, will it shrink by using  american washing machine and dryer?? anyone has the experience please share it with me. Thanks

226458[/snapback]

King Size 76" x 80"

California King Size 72" x 84"

Queen Size 60" x 80"

Double Size 54" x 75"

Twin Size 39" x 75"

Crib Size 27" x 50"

Guest pushbrk
Hey men here, I need all your help. We just bought a new house in the states and we planed to buy some bed settings. I want to know what size of king bed? of course better in chinese meter measurement. Beside that , how about sheet in the states too? If we bought sheet in china, will it shrink by using  american washing machine and dryer?? anyone has the experience please share it with me. Thanks

226458[/snapback]

King Size 76" x 80"

Queen Size 60" x 80"

Double Size 54" x 75"

Twin Size 39" x 75"

Crib Size 27" x 50"

226459[/snapback]

Good quality sheets will not shrink enough to change the fit. Only complete junk will do that. I doubt you can or would buy junk sheets, so bring what you like and enjoy.

226458[/snapback]

King Size 76" x 80"

Queen Size 60" x 80"

Double Size 54" x 75"

Twin Size 39" x 75"

Crib Size 27" x 50"

226459[/snapback]

Paula, multiply these numbers by 25.4 to get mm (millimeters).

226458[/snapback]

King Size 76" x 80"

Queen Size 60" x 80"

Double Size 54" x 75"

Twin Size 39" x 75"

Crib Size 27" x 50"

226459[/snapback]

Paula, multiply these numbers by 25.4 to get mm (millimeters).

226468[/snapback]

2.54 for centimeters ;)

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

203 long, 193 wide, box spring --21 thick, mattress --25.5 thick, ---some are more-(pillow top?)- I can use standard king sheets if I stretch them, but I look for ones that say "deep pocket" so the elastic on the corners hooks under tha mattress. I think some of the new "fluffy" soft mattresses are closer to 27 thick. If you get cheap sheets for thin mattress put in on the mattress damp, have the kids jump on it some to stretch the fabric---it worked for me!!!

seems like china does not know what fitted sheets are...

i kick and run in place in my sleep and can never stay under the sheets at night.

Chun made up the bed with her new sheets she had shipped over here the other night...

i looked at them....

nice 1 milllion thread count sheets...

i notcied there was no fitted sheet, but some strange pocket sheet for the comforter to fit into.... :o

cool....

but i dont know how this sheet will stay on the mattress i told her.

Exactly, do they even have fitted sheets in China.

We bought a new sheet when I was in China last time. We had it made from material for my son to sleep on. I was under orders to wash it so I did and a lot of the color came out. She got upset and blamed me for washing it too long or something. AHHHH. Well I found the same problme with socks in China. Yes the material was good quality but they fade way before they wear out. So now I am back to typical american socks with holes. I can't let customers see faded socks and I never take my shoes off when working.

I would have flat sheets made for the mattress and a top sheet. I foind fitted sheets have a hard time staying on with me just like IZUS mentioned above. But I would try to find colors that don't fade or no prints.

My wife brought back some of the pocket sheets (there is a French name for them) as that is what her family used and I got to like them when I was there. It is a lot easier to make the bed in the AM. Cannot dry them in the dryer as they are all cotton. It is not a question of quality but of the cotton.

And I really messed up - my father in law sent me some underwear and and I put some in the dryer. But it shows how good a friend he is.

Guest pushbrk
My wife brought back some of the pocket sheets (there is a French name for them) as that is what her family used and I got to like them when I was there. It is a lot easier to make the bed in the AM. Cannot dry  them in the dryer as they are all cotton. It is not a question of quality but of the cotton. 

And I really messed up -  my father in law sent me some underwear and and I put some in the dryer.  But it shows how good a friend he is.

227137[/snapback]

100% cotton sheets can be dried in the dryer. Most sheets are 100% cotton. The problem to which you refer is related to the "finish" of the fabric. Some cotton is finished for driers and some is not. The finishing adds extra expense.

We bought a new sheet when I was in China last time.  We had it made from material for my son to sleep on.  I was under orders to wash it so I did and a lot of the color came out.  She got upset and blamed me for washing it too long or something.  AHHHH.  Well I found the same problme with socks in China.  Yes the material was good quality but they fade way before they wear out.  So now I am back to typical american socks with holes.  I can't let customers see faded socks and I never take my shoes off when working.

I would have flat sheets made for the mattress and a top sheet.  I foind fitted sheets have a hard time staying on with me just like IZUS mentioned above.  But I would try to find colors that don't fade or no prints.

226944[/snapback]

Man I'm glad to hear someone other than me has made that mistake.

Sorry, I didn't mean glad, oh hail you know what I meant...

Yea I got blame also for not knowing how to do simple task of working the washing machine and dryier.

They WERE beautiful red print sheets....

You notice I said WERE?.... Now they are the most beautiful "Hot Pink!!!!

I told her I was sorry but, I really have a problem with "Hot Pink" It doesn't look so cool while im laying there alone at night. Even had some cute "Hot Pink" underwear.

only God knows how they got this color. LOL

I have to admit PINK is a nice color for some people. JUST NOT FOR ME

later

Bobby....

We bought a new sheet when I was in China last time.  We had it made from material for my son to sleep on.  I was under orders to wash it so I did and a lot of the color came out.  She got upset and blamed me for washing it too long or something.  AHHHH.  Well I found the same problme with socks in China.  Yes the material was good quality but they fade way before they wear out.  So now I am back to typical american socks with holes.  I can't let customers see faded socks and I never take my shoes off when working.

I would have flat sheets made for the mattress and a top sheet.  I foind fitted sheets have a hard time staying on with me just like IZUS mentioned above.  But I would try to find colors that don't fade or no prints.

226944[/snapback]

Man I'm glad to hear someone other than me has made that mistake.

Sorry, I didn't mean glad, oh hail you know what I meant...

Yea I got blame also for not knowing how to do simple task of working the washing machine and dryier.

They WERE beautiful red print sheets....

You notice I said WERE?.... Now they are the most beautiful "Hot Pink!!!!

I told her I was sorry but, I really have a problem with "Hot Pink" It doesn't look so cool while im laying there alone at night. Even had some cute "Hot Pink" underwear.

only God knows how they got this color. LOL

I have to admit PINK is a nice color for some people. JUST NOT FOR ME

later

Bobby....

227210[/snapback]

I hand washed the sheet too long.

Hey I broke the handle on the washing machine. After it gets turned off you must wait so many seconds to open the door. I got that look of foolishness the first time I tried to work with it. Then once explained sort of hastily like I was a bit dumb, and I was, I forgot and pulled the handle before it was released a few seconds later. SNAP.

Fortunatly the cost of the part, plus labor of a home visit repair was 10 bucks. :blink: :lol: :lol: