ANOTHER BLUE SLIP!!!!!!

My wife had took our papers for overcome evidence...into the consulate on June 20th. She just handed them to a clerk there and was told to come back the 22nd for the results.

She went back yesterday...and they handed her another blue slip. This time they want our 2005 complete income taxes, all w-2's from recent years...and a updated I-864 with my wife and step-daughter together.

On her first interview on May 23rd... the VO took all the W-2 forms, and the income taxes for 2001-2005. So why do they need them again? I can't answer that question when it was asked of me by my wife.

And on May 23rd...that VO didn't even want the updated I-864 that I had prepared. I had one of them for my wife and another for my stepdaughter.

My wife is very stressed about this...and so am I. Doesn't the left hand of Guz know what the right hand is doing? Other that violating my wife's and I civil rights.

My wife had took our papers for overcome evidence...into the consulate on June 20th. She just handed them to a clerk there and was told to come back the 22nd for the results.

She went back yesterday...and they handed her another blue slip. This time they want our 2005 complete income taxes, all w-2's from recent years...and a updated I-864 with my wife and step-daughter together.

On her first interview on May 23rd... the VO took all the W-2 forms, and the income taxes for 2001-2005. So why do they need them again? I can't answer that question when it was asked of me by my wife.

And on May 23rd...that VO didn't even want the updated I-864 that I had prepared. I had one of them for my wife and another for my stepdaughter.

My wife is very stressed about this...and so am I.  Doesn't the left hand of Guz know what the right hand is doing? Other that violating my wife's and I civil rights.

225865[/snapback]

I am sorry to hear about this. Maybe you can send an email to the Consulate asking some relevant questions in a polite way. Their website says if the interview has already happened, they will take any questions from the applicant/petitioner.

You still have good chance as your case is still at the Consulate.

Sorry to hear about the trouble and anguish you and your family are going through.

Seems like they may have lost your tax return, and/ or W2's (I understand that you provided them with those documents). As far as the I864, I understand that they requested a new updated form for wife and daughter. Maybe something was mixed up with the paper work. Well, now all you can do is re submit the requested documents and wait for their answer.

Good luck! You will prevail in the end!!!

Sorry to hear about this... The fact that they only slip you for more overcome and don't suggest any return to the US is a good sign... This makes it feel that the 'third time' could be the charm... Submitting a third time is hardly unprecendented, so keep giving them what they ask for.

It seems the first blue slip was more about the relationship and documentation; wanting correspondence, ex-wife's info was missing from a document, etc.

This time, they are focusing on the financials.

I would make sure that every financial they provide is complete and appears signed appropriately. Make sure you look at the slip to see if they want certified copies or not of taxes. Do a new I-864 and make sure the numbers you provide are easily verified with the other documentation (taxes or employment letter)...

I remember that they asked for your X wife information. Did your wife submit the requested info? If yes, when? the reason I am asking you these question (And this is just my own theory) is that if your wife submitted the info regarding you X just yesterday, well then it would take GUZ a while to run the serches on her SS number and address. The blue slip may be a delaying tactic on their part, so they can run those searches

What a pain. David makes a good point. It certainly sounds like you're out of the substantative issues and are now just cleaning up the ministerial issues. I agree with what you said about the consulate not really knowing what's transpired. They certainly could have asked for an updated I-864 for the last overcome appointment.

I recall somewhere that DOS as a rule that the signature date on the I-864 can't be more than 6 months old. If so, they'll ask for an updated one. Maybe that's what happened here.

Good luck. Provide the information, get the visas, and then give the consulate that good old American salute of the one finger variety. :rolleyes:

Stacato,

My wife gave all the statements and the proof that I provided...on the 20th when she went in. The consulate gave her back all the statements and proof yesterday when she went in to get the results.

225884[/snapback]

Same thing happened to us!! 2 months and still waiting. So at this point believe me, there is nothing to do but WAIT! I have tried several things to get some action, and to no avail. :roller: :( :(

Rick and Yanlan

My wife is very stressed about this...and so am I.  Doesn't the left hand of Guz know what the right hand is doing? Other that violating my wife's and I civil rights.

225865[/snapback]

Where is the phone call where the guy says, "This is the problem we are trying to reconcile and this is what I need to take care of it and this is the form I need them in. If you have them in your possession now, send them directly to me at _____, and we can issue the visa in a couple of days. If you need to obtain them from other sources, call or e-mail me when you have them and we'll coordinate the best way to get them into my hands." That would save manhours for the consulate and for us, and save us a whole group of money. Guess that would make it too easy for us. Sorry, lost my head.

Guest ShaQuaNew

Sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience. There is no way of knowing ahead of time what will happen. What happens happens. The best way to be is prepared with evey contigency you can imagine. The more contigencies you can imagine the better. You get an idea of those contigencies by hanging around here. Get you paperwork together and organized early...........

Sorry to hear about this...  The fact that they only slip you for more overcome and don't suggest any return to the US is a good sign... This makes it feel that the 'third time' could be the charm...  Submitting a third time is hardly unprecendented, so keep giving them what they ask for.

It seems the first blue slip was more about the relationship and documentation; wanting correspondence, ex-wife's info was missing from a document, etc.

This time, they are focusing on the financials.

I would make sure that every financial they provide is complete and appears signed appropriately.  Make sure you look at the slip to see if they want certified copies or not of taxes.  Do a new I-864 and make sure the numbers you provide are easily verified with the other documentation (taxes or employment letter)...

225873[/snapback]

I am very sorry to hear about the tactics you are having to live with. At this point there is nothing you can do but provide them with the documents they want. When I first read your post the word “complete” tax return caught my attention. I realize it is hard to smile and do what they want but some how I hope you find it in you to do just that.