AOS Passed

We had an interview in the SF office yesterday. Getting into the door was like going through airport security. Note, do not bring mobile phones with cameras, they will want you to get rid of it by putting it back in your car, or having someone place it on hold. We had to place it across the street at a photo store ($3). Also, they appear to want to check all electronics to make sure they're working.

At any rate, we were called in for interview about 20-25 mins after our scheduled appointment (we were there about 15 mins early), so the wait was not too bad. The lady didn't appear to be in a good mood (I guess she was tired), but she was nice, and appeared to go through the interview in a timely fashion. She swore us in, and asked my lao po a series of questions - mostly repeating information that we have filled out on our application form like where she was born, her parents name, etc. Other quetsions of interest were: where my parents live, have we traveled anywhere (besides our honeymoon), asked for my recent paystubs, proof of items which show our names together (I have residential property under our names, along with proof of her names under medical/credit cards/etc).

Then she asked to see some pictures (looked through our honeymoon pictures), and took 2 for record-keeping.

She sort of mentioned that we did not have problems on our applications, but had to go through the interview process. At the end, she said that we were approved, and she said ours was actually an easy application (she reviewed the case beforehand, and appears she may have made up her mind beforehand). I asked her what she meant about other applications being difficult, and she said some people do it for money/greencard, etc. I guess some people don't submit good information, or the information looks too fake for them to approve.

At anyrate, we were told 3 weeks to get green card. Can't wait!

I was very nervous, and had prepared my originals and copies during the morning, the night before, and the night before that. So I was stressing about it. Turned out good for us. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting for AOS Interview.

Congratulations, great report, and thanks for posting the details. We just submitted our AOS paperwork and are awaiting the NOA.

I agree with what you say about the paperwork...whether its for a visa or AOS, I think that couples who are seriously in love with each other put more care into their paperwork, whereas people just looking for something else (or whose love is not very strong or true) do not have the same motivation.

Again, congratulations and thanks for your post ! ! ! :angry:

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)
I asked her what she meant about other applications being difficult, and she said some people do it for money/greencard, etc. I guess some people don't submit good information, or the information looks too fake for them to approve.

224643[/snapback]

Congrats..

Actually, what the IO stated, happens more than most people know. The IO's are trained to catch these people. Most get caught, yet some still slip through the cracks.

Reminds me of one of my return trips from China. It happened in the LA Airport waiting area, just after they announced our flight to Portland was dealyed by four hours due to a mechanical problem. A couple with a baby was sitting next to me. The young man got on his cell phone to tell his brother about the delay and he needed to pick them up later. I was trying not to listen, but them being so close made it hard not to hear part of the conversation. Anyway, part way through he was talking about their mutal friends this couple had visited in LA. He told his brother, "Remember, John Doe? Man what a loser this guy has turned out to be. Someone is paying him $15,000 to acquire a fiancee visa for this Phillapino woman." Of course my blood boiled a little. It was all I could do to not say something.

Anyway, those type of applications go through with some faked evidence, but somehow the VO's and IO's can usually pick up on these cases. Sometimes you can tell in the pictures if the people you are looking at have a relationship or they are just standing close to each other. Other times it is lack of evidence. I am willing to bet John Doe's application died somewhere in the process.

We had an interview in the SF office yesterday. Getting into the door was like going through airport security. Note, do not bring mobile phones with cameras, they will want you to get rid of it by putting it back in your car, or having someone place it on hold. We had to place it across the street at a photo store ($3). Also, they appear to want to check all electronics to make sure they're working.

At any rate, we were called in for interview about 20-25 mins after our scheduled appointment (we were there about 15 mins early), so the wait was not too bad. The lady didn't appear to be in a good mood (I guess she was tired), but she was nice, and appeared to go through the interview in a timely fashion. She swore us in, and asked my lao po a series of questions - mostly repeating information that we have filled out on our application form like where she was born, her parents name, etc. Other quetsions of interest were: where my parents live, have we traveled anywhere (besides our honeymoon), asked for my recent paystubs, proof of items which show our names together (I have residential property under our names, along with proof of her names under medical/credit cards/etc).

Then she asked to see some pictures (looked through our honeymoon pictures), and took 2 for record-keeping.

She sort of mentioned that we did not have problems on our applications, but had to go through the interview process. At the end, she said that we were approved, and she said ours was actually an easy application (she reviewed the case beforehand, and appears she may have made up her mind beforehand). I asked her what she meant about other applications being difficult, and she said some people do it for money/greencard, etc. I guess some people don't submit good information, or the information looks too fake for them to approve.

At anyrate, we were told 3 weeks to get green card. Can't wait!

I was very nervous, and had prepared my originals and copies during the morning, the night before, and the night before that. So I was stressing about it. Turned out good for us. Good luck to everyone else who's waiting for AOS Interview.

224643[/snapback]

Great post - thanks for taking the time to write and congratulations.

Wheel Man