I have seen mentioned in a few posts that a notarized bank document was included in the "kitchen sink" documents that were taken to the interview. Is this document merely a notarized copy of a monthly bank statement or something different?

Thanks

I am curious about why a document detailing bank balances would be required by the Embassy. This is the US State Department requesting the petitioner's bank balances for the interview? If NVC has the I-864 and already approves the USC as qualified above the povery level would the Embassy still ask for bank balances? Does NVC share the I-864 data with the DOS?

I noticed in the I-864 there was a place for additional information such as saving account balances but from the I-864 instructions it appeared this was only needed if your income was not high enough. For example, if a USC makes over $100,000 a year do they have to complete that part of the I-864 and document their savings account, money market accounts, etc?

I am curious about why a document detailing bank balances would be required by the Embassy. This is the US State Department requesting the petitioner's bank balances for the interview? If NVC has the I-864 and already approves the USC as qualified above the povery level would the Embassy still ask for bank balances? Does NVC share the I-864 data with the DOS?

I noticed in the I-864 there was a place for additional information such as saving account balances but from the I-864 instructions it appeared this was only needed if your income was not high enough. For example, if a USC makes over $100,000 a year do they have to complete that part of the I-864 and document their savings account, money market accounts, etc?

224372[/snapback]

No, if your income is well above the 125% poverty line. There is absolutely no need for a bank statement. I never sent my wife any bank statements.

Bank statements are needed only if your income from tax returns is insufficient per poverty guideline.

Guest pushbrk

224372[/snapback]

K visas use the I-134, not the I-864. The I-134 is never submitted to NVC. The Beneficiary brings it to the Consulate.

Also, note the bank letter is brought by some as part of a "kitchen sink" approach. This means they have it available in case they need it to overcome a blue slip. In the vast majority of cases, the kitchen sink is never seen. In the cases where it is needed, it is a life saver because all overcome documentation is already in China and can be promptly submitted as needed.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

Very rarely bank statements were requested as overcome evidences. I believe it is more meaningful if you can gather videos of you two talking one another, itinerary of your trips to China, ticket purchase receipts, notarized pages of the USC's passports, etc.

Edited by Stone (see edit history)
I have seen mentioned in a few posts that a notarized bank document was included in the "kitchen sink" documents that were taken to the interview.  Is this document merely a notarized copy of a monthly bank statement or something different?

Thanks

224363[/snapback]

Here's what the instructions for the I-134 say about the bank statement used as supporting evidence for income:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial

institution where you have deposits, giving the

following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3. Present balance.

Guest pushbrk
I have seen mentioned in a few posts that a notarized bank document was included in the "kitchen sink" documents that were taken to the interview.  Is this document merely a notarized copy of a monthly bank statement or something different?

Thanks

224363[/snapback]

Here's what the instructions for the I-134 say about the bank statement used as supporting evidence for income:

1. Date account opened;

3. Present balance.

224428[/snapback]

Yes, if you need to or are going to supply one, this is what is should contain. Unless you are self employed or are using assets instead of income to qualify as a sponsor, the letter becomes a belt and suspenders measure that will most likely not be needed even for overcome. Having it cannot hurt anything.

I didn't get one.

Thanks

224363[/snapback]

1. Date account opened;

3. Present balance.

224428[/snapback]

Yes, if you need to or are going to supply one, this is what is should contain. Unless you are self employed or are using assets instead of income to qualify as a sponsor, the letter becomes a belt and suspenders measure that will most likely not be needed even for overcome. Having it cannot hurt anything.

I didn't get one.

224448[/snapback]

:lol: Thanks for all the info my friends. It seems as though in my particular case I do not need this statement.

I was instructed by an advisor I hired to submit notarized bank statements with the initial I-129F application and again when I send the amplifying data to my SO to take to the interview. I am self employed and as such will also provide 3 years of tax returns for both myself and the business. I am overqualified just on my tax returns, but having the bank statements surely won't hurt. I was not requested for the number of years for each bank account, nor the deposits I made. Simply the balances as of any recent date. This was printed and notarized by my bank officer.

Thanks

224363[/snapback]

I can share with you only what I did. When putting together all the information needed to get the visa I kept in mind my wife would have very little time to present her case. I wanted the information understandable to a hurried mind sitting across from my wife. In reference to my bank documents I did this. I went to the branch manager of my bank. I took with me the original bank statements from the last 12 months. I ask the branch manager if she could add the total deposits for the last 12 months based on my statements. I asked if she could sign and notarize a document stating this figure was true. She could and did. Based on the governments poverty guidelines I could support my wife was the fact I wanted to get across. The branch manager did include the statements about the account being in good standing and when I opened the account………………..To me the real hoot of all this is the following. According to the governments poverty guidelines I could support myself and my wife. That got us both in America at the same time in the same house. What the poverty guidelines did not include was once my wife got here I learned how old my television is. The fence around my house needs repair. Some parts of the exterior of my house needed to be painted. All of this and much more has been pointed out to me very graciously. In fact so nicely I can’t even deny it. I’m sure you and your wife will do fine. All the best to you.