Police Certficate

New member, beginning the torturous uncharted post IMBRA path of obtaining a K1 visa, but first I want to say how heartwarming the response of this board has been to the tragedy in New Hampshire.

I am looking for a definitive answer on the police certificate. I have read many conflicting procedures on how to obtain said certificate. I am hopeful that this one is correct:

"The police certificate can only be obtained from the place of household registry or hukou, it will cover all places he/she has lived in China "

Please update me on the latest information regarding this process.

Thanks

Jay

Guest pushbrk
Yes you are correct.  The one police certificate works for all places in China.  She needs to go to the police station of her hukou.

223102[/snapback]

Unless there is a difficulty in traveling to the hukou conveniently, it's best to wait until later in the process to get the Police Certificate. It is technically good for a year, but GUZ has indicated they prefer it be obtained within six months of interview. There's no sense in having to obtain the same certificate twice.

Yes you are correct.  The one police certificate works for all places in China.  She needs to go to the police station of her hukou.

223102[/snapback]

Unless there is a difficulty in traveling to the hukou conveniently, it's best to wait until later in the process to get the Police Certificate. It is technically good for a year, but GUZ has indicated they prefer it be obtained within six months of interview. There's no sense in having to obtain the same certificate twice.

223108[/snapback]

Forgive me, but the term "hukou", does this mean the city she was born in?

Guest pushbrk
I would also think that hukou would be the city that she has her current i.d. card in.

If she is living in Shanghai, but has a Beijing i.d. card, she would go to Beijing for the cert.

223138[/snapback]

My wife was born in Guangzhou but has been in Nanning since she was a small child. Her Hukou is Nanning. Your SO will know where her hukou is.

New member, beginning the torturous uncharted post IMBRA path of obtaining a K1 visa, but first I want to say how heartwarming the response of this board has been to the tragedy in New Hampshire.

I am looking for a definitive answer on the police certificate. I have read many conflicting procedures on how to obtain said certificate. I am hopeful that this one is correct:

"The police certificate can only be obtained from the place of household registry or hukou, it will cover all places he/she has lived in China "

Thanks

Jay

223101[/snapback]

You get a police certificate from where the applicant's residence is registered - where hu kou (household registeration), current ID were issued.

Like me, my hu kou is in mid China Jiang Xi province, but I'm in south China Guangzhou. I have two options:

1. Get a police certificate from Jiang Xi.

or

2. Obtain a Temporary Residence Certificate in Guangzhou and get a police certificate in Guangzhou.

Thanks

Jay

223101[/snapback]

You get a police certificate from where the applicant's residence is registered - where hu kou (household registeration), current ID were issued.

Like me, my hu kou is in mid China Jiang Xi province, but I'm in south China Guangzhou. I have two options:

1. Get a police certificate from Jiang Xi.

or

2. Obtain a Temporary Residence Certificate in Guangzhou and get a police certificate in Guangzhou.

223185[/snapback]

Thanks everyone for the information, looks like my fiance has to go back to her hometown of Yangshou. Similing Asia, my Yanxia lives in Guangzhou as well, lucky for the both of you, no traveling for interview.