Has anyone ever had to prepare a "evolution of relationship" letter for overcome evidence?

Hank, how goes things? I dont know if there is a difference, but I will give you our letters that we filed with our original I-129F applications. Maybe it could be helpful to stimulate your own ideas for the overcome!

My letter is the first one, hers is the second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Immigration officer,

I met XXX XXX on a dating website called www.xxxxxxxxx.com. Our initial contact on MM/DD/XXXX was via email, and we emailed each other on the website for a week, then on personal email addresses for another week. We both were interested in knowing more about each other.

From the beginning, I liked her very much, and found we have many common interests, personality traits and family values. We then started talking on MSN Messenger, because we could write, see, and speak with each other with webcam and audio. I have never met a woman as wonderful as she is, and I started falling in love with her very quickly, I told her I love her, and she said she felt the same! Our conversations turned to talking about a future together, and we spoke much about marriage and family.

But, I wanted to meet her in person, so I decided to spend 10 full days in XXX City, China. We met in-person for the first time on MM/DD/XXXX at XXX City’s International Airport. We spent every minute of every day together and realized we are really in love with each other. Before I came back to the States, I had to ask XXX XXX to marry me, and she immediately said yes!

I want to see her again as soon as possible, and have bought airline tickets and made motel reservations for MM/DD to MM/DD/XXXX, when she can take time off from work. However, that is just another visit. What I really want is to be with XXX XXX permanently, and hope to bring her here as soon as possible to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US.

For these reasons, I sincerely ask that you expedite this petition!

Sincerely,

Your Name, Petitioner

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear US Immigration Officer,

When I met XXXXXX on an online service, I knew he was the person for me. I was excited to read his emails and I wanted to see him and hear his voice. He asked me if I had a webcam, and I told him no, but I could go to an internet café to use their computers. Every since then we have talked online together every day, for 2, 3, 4, 5 hours a day, and I was so happy when he told me he loved me, because I was falling in love with him too.

I was even more excited when he told me he wanted to come to China to meet me, because I wanted the same. I know we are right for each other. I even introduced him to my parents, family, and best friend, which is very important in China for a girl to do.

I was sad to see him leave, but very happy that he asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes, because I want to spend my life with him. I know we will have 90 days to marry when I get to America, and I will! We really want to be together, so I ask if you can please rush his petition? Thank you so much!

Very sincerely,

Her Name, Beneficiary

Hank, how goes things? I dont know if there is a difference, but I will give you our letters that we filed with our original I-129F applications. Maybe it could be helpful to stimulate your own ideas for the overcome!

My letter is the first one, hers is the second.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Immigration officer,

I met XXX XXX on a dating website called www.xxxxxxxxx.com. Our initial contact on MM/DD/XXXX was via email, and we emailed each other on the website for a week, then on personal email addresses for another week. We both were interested in knowing more about each other.

From the beginning, I liked her very much, and found we have many common interests, personality traits and family values. We then started talking on MSN Messenger, because we could write, see, and speak with each other with webcam and audio. I have never met a woman as wonderful as she is, and I started falling in love with her very quickly, I told her I love her, and she said she felt the same! Our conversations turned to talking about a future together, and we spoke much about marriage and family.

But, I wanted to meet her in person, so I decided to spend 10 full days in XXX City, China. We met in-person for the first time on MM/DD/XXXX at XXX City’s International Airport. We spent every minute of every day together and realized we are really in love with each other. Before I came back to the States, I had to ask XXX XXX to marry me, and she immediately said yes!

I want to see her again as soon as possible, and have bought airline tickets and made motel reservations for MM/DD to MM/DD/XXXX, when she can take time off from work. However, that is just another visit. What I really want is to be with XXX XXX permanently, and hope to bring her here as soon as possible to marry her within 90 days of her arrival in the US.

For these reasons, I sincerely ask that you expedite this petition!

Sincerely,

Your Name, Petitioner

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear US Immigration Officer,

When I met XXXXXX on an online service, I knew he was the person for me. I was excited to read his emails and I wanted to see him and hear his voice. He asked me if I had a webcam, and I told him no, but I could go to an internet café to use their computers. Every since then we have talked online together every day, for 2, 3, 4, 5 hours a day, and I was so happy when he told me he loved me, because I was falling in love with him too.

I was even more excited when he told me he wanted to come to China to meet me, because I wanted the same. I know we are right for each other. I even introduced him to my parents, family, and best friend, which is very important in China for a girl to do.

I was sad to see him leave, but very happy that he asked me to marry him! Of course, I said yes, because I want to spend my life with him. I know we will have 90 days to marry when I get to America, and I will! We really want to be together, so I ask if you can please rush his petition? Thank you so much!

Very sincerely,

Her Name, Beneficiary

222426[/snapback]

Make copies of your visa, phone records, emails, and photos and submit that with the narratives.

I hope this is overcome quickly! It will all turn out in the end, it just means more cheetos. Good luck!!!

I personally think it is a good idea to "sprinkle" a little words about little things you found out about each other, for example "She likes the color blue" these sort of small statments I feel help the Consulate to understand that the both of you must communicate to get to know some little details and personal likes and dislikes . After all they are looking for to see if the two of you can communicate .

Hank, my understanding is that they are looking for you to tell your story of how you met and how your relationship progressed to the current day.

You might shoot Esun41 a PM, I believe he had to do this as well.

Be cautious to not go overboard on providing your evidence. Give them what they have asked for and avoid trying to give them a bunch of things they have not requested because you want them to read it. Too much can cause them to reject your evidence because they are not interested in taking the time to locate the things they requested.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)

The evolution letter I wrote was just a history of our events leading up to our overcome interview.

Like an essay I used to write in middle school. "What I did on my summer vacation" Not to make light of this but that's what I did and it seemed to work because Lucy is here and we are doing very well!

I personally think it is a good idea to "sprinkle" a little words about little things you found out about each other, for example "She likes the color blue" these sort of small statments I  feel help the Consulate to understand that the both of you must communicate to get to know some little details and personal likes and dislikes . After all they are looking for to see if the two of you can communicate .

222536[/snapback]

I never had to write such a letter, but the little essay on "what I did this summer" is probably a good analogy.

My gut feeling -- and experience -- tell me such a document would serve you well if you can express some convincing personal feelings in it. The visa official is probably less interested in which website you met on than what it is about one and other that has motivated the two of you to want to be together.

So, in addition to "she likes blue", I would suggest things like, for example, " - - - - is a remarkable woman with enormous patience and a wonderful way of expressing her love for me. I have never felt as comfortable around any person as I do with her", or something else that describes the reasons you want to make a life with her.

I believe if you tell them what it is about her that you like, the chances that your relationship will seem "real" to them will increase.

This is from another post, but I believe it would work in an overcome.

I created a pictorial timeline that logged major events with our pictures.

The V.O. did look at this during the interview.

It compressed 4 years and 18 trips into a viewable logical sequence.

Dean

Thanks to all, the suggestions are similar to the idea I had and have included in my letter...

Thanks to all for the comments, suggestions, and support.... that is why I really love this site...

I received many PM's, and my appreciation is with you all........

As MLK said, "we shall overcome"

Guest ShaQuaNew
Thanks to all for the comments, suggestions, and support.... that is why I really love this site...

223961[/snapback]

Hank, it's good to hear from you, though you don't post as often these days. Always remember to not complicate your communication. Shorter is usually better, but make sure you read, and re-read what you write. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Open with your point, and close with it also....

fortunately, the dudes on this site allowed us to edit our posts up to three hours.....

...take the time to edit communication you write to the government...

Edited by ShaQuaNew (see edit history)

223961[/snapback]

Hank, it's good to hear from you, though you don't post as often these days. Always remember to not complicate your communication. Shorter is usually better, but make sure you read, and re-read what you write. Say what you mean, and mean what you say. Open with your point, and close with it also....

fortunately, the dudes on this site allowed us to edit our posts up to three hours.....

223965[/snapback]

always the scholar!!!

thanks Jesse, but I did a 5 pager, and feel I made my point.....

Guest ShaQuaNew

223961[/snapback]

223965[/snapback]

always the scholar!!!

thanks Jesse, but I did a 5 pager, and feel I made my point.....

223971[/snapback]

Nothing speaks louder than a confidence from the heart....