Urgent Help Needed!!!!!

Hi,

My wife's K-3 Visas is approved around end of April, 2006. It has been more than a month and National Visa Center is still holding her case for administrative review before sending it out to Guanzhou. I called them and they said they picked our case for additional security check, I am not sure if it was selected randomly or not. S Has this happen to any of you? How long did it take for your K-3 Visa to be sent from National Visa Center to Guanzhou.

Edited by Will (see edit history)
Hi,

My wife's K-3 Visas is approved around end of April, 2006. It has been more than a month and National Visa Center is still holding her case for administrative review before sending it out to Guanzhou. I called them and they said they picked our case for additional security check, I am not sure if it was selected randomly or not. S Has this happen to any of you? How long did it take for your K-3 Visa to be sent from National Visa Center to Guanzhou.

221266[/snapback]

Sorry to hear this dude. I don't know an answer. I wish you much luck

Apparently many reasons can put a case in "administrative review" one of the is if she has a common name. The security databases may be coming back with a lot of hits on that name. Each one must be verified as not her. Unfortunately there isn't a time limit.

Good Luck and I hope that it moves out quickly.

Guest pushbrk
Apparently many reasons can put a case in "administrative review" one of the is if she has a common name.  The security databases may be coming back with a lot of hits on that name.  Each one must be verified as not her.  Unfortunately there isn't a time limit.

221315[/snapback]

That first line of your timeline is a double whammy. A Chinese immigrant marrying a PRC citizen can bring extra scrutiny to the case. Not only are there many such fraudulent relationships but often you may have either two common Chinese names and/or (in the case "Will" took a Western name) a name change complicating the security check.

The best you can hope for is a quick resolution but the only thing you can DO is keep checking.

Sorry to hear of your problem. As others have said, once they put a case under administrative review, it can be a real crap shoot as to how long it will take. This is very unfortunate, indeed. :redblob:

As you go through this, hang around Candle more often. You can get a lot of info here, as well a vital support.

Apparently many reasons can put a case in "administrative review" one of the is if she has a common name.  The security databases may be coming back with a lot of hits on that name.  Each one must be verified as not her.  Unfortunately there isn't a time limit.

221315[/snapback]

That first line of your timeline is a double whammy. A Chinese immigrant marrying a PRC citizen can bring extra scrutiny to the case. Not only are there many such fraudulent relationships but often you may have either two common Chinese names and/or (in the case "Will" took a Western name) a name change complicating the security check.

The best you can hope for is a quick resolution but the only thing you can DO is keep checking.

221319[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, PRC Citizen is someone who was born in a foreign country and later became U.S. Citizen. Well I became U.S. Citizen in 1997. I had my English name since 1992. I dont think there is anything wrong with me especially when NVC told me so. They said they are checking on my wife. So I guess it could be the common name issue.

But here is the twist, although her K-3 visa is under administrative review. I called NVC today and found out that her CR-1 visa has been sent to Guanzhou on May 29th, 2006. So what the heck is going?

221315[/snapback]

221319[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, PRC Citizen is someone who was born in a foreign country and later became U.S. Citizen. Well I became U.S. Citizen in 1997. I had my English name since 1992. I dont think there is anything wrong with me especially when NVC told me so. They said they are checking on my wife. So I guess it could be the common name issue.

But here is the twist, although her K-3 visa is under administrative review. I called NVC today and found out that her CR-1 visa has been sent to Guanzhou on May 29th, 2006. So what the heck is going?

221383[/snapback]

Will, you're now a USA citizen then there is no reason whatsoever your national orgin should come into play here.

Why is the CR1 passing through and the K3 getting the heavy eye? What's going on? Please don't take this wrong as I am not being flippant: It's a government operation. <_< Other members have suffered terrible, inexcusable, time delays because of the infamous Administrative Review.

The Good News is that the CR1 is on its way to GUZ.

Hang in there Will. You have a long road ahead even if nothing goes wrong. Hopefully, the CR1 will pass through the 2nd name check in GUZ quickly.

Don't know much about geography (it's a song), or k-3/cr1 either. Some advice given here used to be to go with which ever application finishes first.

You will fail miserably if you try to figure out what is going on with governmental decision making.

I anticipate some cr1's/k-3's will tell you their stories.

Guest pushbrk
Apparently many reasons can put a case in "administrative review" one of the is if she has a common name.?The security databases may be coming back with a lot of hits on that name.?Each one must be verified as not her.?Unfortunately there isn't a time limit.

221315[/snapback]

221319[/snapback]

221383[/snapback]

A PRC citizen is your wife. PRC=People's Republic of China.

They don't start the name check on a CR! until the CR1 paperwork arrives in Guangzhou. I take it you've already paid the CR1 immigrant fee and sent back the P3? This is pretty fast for a CR1 but not out of the question.

Yes, they would be checking on your wife but also any possible family connection to you. It's not just about something being wrong with you. Your standing to file the petition was determined in the first name check before either petition was approved.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

221315[/snapback]

221319[/snapback]

221383[/snapback]

Just a case of the US agencies not being able to locate their collective A$$ with one or both hands. :blink:

Since the CR1 got there first, don't worry about the Administrative processing thing. Your getting the better of the two anyway. :hug: