hank,

first want to convey that I'm sorry to hear about this... but this doesn't sound as bad as it could be.

I interpret this as 'this' VO being unsure... and frankly ,another VO might not of responded this way... although the tax snafu didn't help.

But it sounds clear cut in terms of what they want... and the passport is simply prefunctory to the overcome.

keep your head, and pull together what you need. This sounds easily overcome.

best to you three !

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pushbrk
Hank, we share your anger and disappointment.  Good luck on the overcome evidence.

Folks, what can Hank do about the video?  Is he going to have to go to China?

220405[/snapback]

Maybe but I would get a digital video made of 5 minutes worth of webcam session. Burn it to a DVD and Express it over with the passport copy and other requested items.

Just be careful to position the camera to show both webcam images and at least enough of the petitioner's face to be clearly authentic. There's no reason this couldn't be done with the camera on the China side but he needs to express the papers anyway.

Boy, I'm glad I made that video on my second visit, just in case.

I really appreciate everyones PM's and show of support and encouragement.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the VHS done in the correct format in Shanghai? Looks like I might have to take a trip there......... Upside is ... I get to see my wife!!!! :sosad:

formats now accepted:

Dear CFL Members,

We do also accept DVD's and VCD's. We mention this in the instructions given to applicants when additional information is requested.

Please keep in mind that if you are asked to provide a video of something, you will be given specific instructions at that time.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

187952[/snapback]

----

Not sure about Shanghai... here is some GUZ info as a backup:

A.2.13.1

The place to do video conversion to VHS tape has moved to the 4th floor here at the IV unit. They will only charge him 200 RMB to put the video on tape. He had made a video yesterday with them communicating .

A.2.13.2

To get a VHS tape made go to the Shamain Hotel (up and across from White Swan) go to the second floor, and through the glass door across from the maid's station. GZPerfect I think is the name.

Anyhow these are nice people, wish we had known about them earlier. They will tape a session for you for RMB500. We taped our own 25 minute session (Yes, it says 5 but we lost track of the time) using my minicam. I took them my minicam, they plugged it into their gear, RMB300 and an hour later we had our VHS tape.

Their phone number is 81215016 in GZ.

Okay... do you think I need to make separate post regarding Video Tape process being done in Shanghai? I already have a R/T ticket for Shanghai, and that is where my wife lives.......

Guest pushbrk
Okay... do you think I need to make separate post regarding Video Tape process being done in Shanghai?  I already have a R/T ticket for Shanghai, and that is where my wife lives.......

220448[/snapback]

You only need to find anyplace that can do video or do it yourself with any digital video camera. GUZ does NOT require VHS. USCONGUZ has confirmed they will also accept DVD or VCD. All you need is a digital video camera and a computer.

NO NEED to find somebody to do VHS.

I hope my video isn't needed, but if it is, they can pop it into any computer and click on the icon and watch it.

I really appreciate everyones PM's and show of support and encouragement.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get the VHS done in the correct format in Shanghai?  Looks like I might have to take a trip there.........  Upside is ... I get to see my wife!!!!  :ok:

220431[/snapback]

The glass is always half FULL!

I have no idea what your feeling right now but you have the

right attitude.

It sounds like they only want a few things so get them together and

send them off.

Or take them with you so you can see your wife! Then make the video over there.

Don't let it get to you, it's almost over!

In one of the posts in GZ speaks USCONGUZ said they will take DVDs now.

Shoot the video and be calm and natural. Just have a simple normal conversation. Perhaps talk about some mutual friends. I held up a newspaper with the date on it in ours. Keep both hands above the table and just be comfortable with one another.

Yea they will take a DVD Yanlan and I made one and turned it in.

Rick and Yanlan

220467[/snapback]

Rick,

You are a whiz at this kind of thing, but I don't have a way to make any kind of video... My wife showed me the slip on cam yesterday it was specific as to requiring VHS...