breakfast, lunch, dinner

What's your SOs concept of 'breakfast, lunch, or dinner' food.. meaning that there are specific foods you eat at each one is unknown to my wife... I saw this in china and here in the US. Yet, she is very distinct about eating three times a day, just not what you eat!

We just ate about 12:00 this afternoon... this happened to be our first meal of the day.

About 1 hour later, she asks, "what do you want to eat for lunch?"

I replied, "We just ate lunch".. she said, "we ate breakfast".

I replied, "We ate lunch since it was 12:00".. she said, "we ate breakfast since we didn't eat that yet". :lol:

I'm applying her theories now.. I'll grab a beer any time of day and she'll just say, "give me some".. Now that's a woman

:wub: :wub:

Guest pushbrk
Pretty kewl David.

Mine wife's concept matches the common US concept.

219108[/snapback]

So, develop your own concept. If I have a late breakfast on the weekend, I will commonly only eat twice that day.

My observation and reading of the Chinese concept is that a variety of food items are served for each meal but no items are specifically more appropriate for one meal than another.

What's your SOs concept of 'breakfast, lunch, or dinner' food.. meaning that there are specific foods you eat at each one is unknown to my wife...  I saw this in china and here in the US.    Yet, she is very distinct about eating three times a day, just not what you eat!

We just ate about 12:00 this afternoon...   this happened to be our first meal of the day.  

I replied, "We ate lunch since it was 12:00".. she said, "we ate breakfast since we didn't eat that yet".    ;)

I'm applying her theories now.. I'll grab a beer any time of day and she'll just say, "give me some"..   Now that's a woman

:blink:  :D

219093[/snapback]

In theory, she is correct. Breakfast is to Break Fast or to begin eating after a night of fasting.

It is interesting to me that many speak of being sure to have an Asian market close by, when their SO arrives. I often wish we didn't have them so close. :P

Example: "Honey, I have to pee pee too much, at night." So, while shopping at the Chinese market yesterday, she wants to buy this God awful looking snake like fish. I tell her, "No way. I am not eating that!" She says, "No. It good for you. Help you pee pee good." So, today for breakfast I am served this soup with chicken and Sea Cucumbers. Too weird. But, I ate it and now I am peeing more than ever. :(

http://i4.tinypic.com/10z9wtj.jpg

Edited by Dennis143 (see edit history)
Pretty kewl David.

219108[/snapback]

Really?? Interesting. Did she adopt this since meeting you or did she have contact with other americans before?

219141[/snapback]

I don't know for certain Charles, I think that she's been doing her homework on the USA as I have been doing on China. ;)

What's your SOs concept of 'breakfast, lunch, or dinner' food.. meaning that there are specific foods you eat at each one is unknown to my wife...  I saw this in china and here in the US.    Yet, she is very distinct about eating three times a day, just not what you eat!

We just ate about 12:00 this afternoon...   this happened to be our first meal of the day.  

I replied, "We ate lunch since it was 12:00".. she said, "we ate breakfast since we didn't eat that yet".    :huh:

I'm applying her theories now.. I'll grab a beer any time of day and she'll just say, "give me some"..   Now that's a woman

:ph34r:  :D

219093[/snapback]

My wife is very adamant about having three meals a day, Breakfast, Lunch and Supper. And yes it seems like right after I finish eating she’ll want to know what I want for the next meal. She will prepare a variety of meals; most consist of steam rice/congee, soups, noodles, lots of vegetables, and a variety of meat and fish.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)
Pretty kewl David.

219108[/snapback]

My wife matches the times, but adds a fourth meal around 1000-1100pm because GZ is so hot. As for the menu, pretty different for breakfast, but I don't mind. B)

My wife usually eat rice in the morning for breakfast around 9 or 10 AM. During lunch (12 PM to 1 PM), she would eat noodle soup. In the afternoon (3 to 4 PM), she would eat cereal with fruits. For dinner (8 PM), we would have a Chinese dinner (rice with two dishes). Before bed (10PM), she would eat oranges and other fruits. I think she eats more than me. :o :D

The other morning my SO being the creative person that she is. :)

Decide that we would have something different for breakfast. :)

She made her own version of Cereal. Warm milk with pretzels!! :) I did not eat this concotion to say the least but we had one hell of a lot of laughs with it after she found out that this is one way not to make cereal. :huh:

The other morning my SO being the creative person that she is. :)

Decide that we would have something different for breakfast. :)

She made her own version of Cereal. Warm milk with pretzels!!  :) I did not eat this concotion to say the least but we had one hell of a lot of laughs with it after she found out that this is one way not to make cereal. :huh:

219435[/snapback]

Actually, very creative, Thomas. :o I'd say that IS one way to make cereal. Too funny...I totally relate! :huh:

My wife eats 3 meals a day, cereal for breakfast and I eat twice

a day.

One thing that I have not gotten use to is when she cooks eggs.

She will mix a few up in a bowl; pour them in the pan and drop

in some onions; let them fluff up and then flip. Just before

serving she will take the spatula and flatten the whole thing out;

very thin and dry.

Jacques Pépin would have a stroke if he saw this.