Ok, I stopped by my tax office today, and I got my 03 and 05 w2's for my wife, i'll fax them on tuesday after the holiday to her. I also will make a copy of my passport visa with entry/exit dates stamped. My wife made an odd request, she wants the copies of the receipts for the rings I bought for our wedding. I guess the VO could ask for proof that I actually bought the rings? Whatever, i'm almost getting weary of all the , oops forgot we need this / that too. hehe.

Edited by hunter (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Ok, I stopped by my tax office today, and I got my 03 and 05 w2's for my wife, i'll fax them on tuesday after the holiday to her. I also will make a copy of my passport visa with entry/exit dates stamped. My wife made an odd request, she wants the copies of the receipts for the rings I bought for our wedding. I guess the VO could ask for proof that I actually bought the rings? Whatever, i'm almost getting weary of all the , oops forgot we need this / that too. hehe.

218691[/snapback]

The safe bet is to copy every page of your passport and have the copied pages notarized. I did this a couple days ago at my insurance agent's office.

It sounds like somebody (your SO) is finally doing good research on how to prepare for a visa interview and getting serious about it.

What can I say, my wife is a machine. I swear. I have no doubt she is the smarter of the 2 of us, so I dont mind saying yes dear when she says something. I wonder, do you think I should have the copies of my passport visa notarized, and is that important? I can easily have my bank do it. Hey, thanks for the wise words Pushbrk, you rock bro. =) Oh, I only have 2 pages of my passport stamped from my 2 trips there and back. Should I also have the blank pages copied and notarized too?

Guest pushbrk
What can I say, my wife is a machine. I swear. I have no doubt she is the smarter of the 2 of us, so I dont mind saying yes dear when she says something. I wonder, do you think I should have the copies of my passport visa notarized, and is that important? I can easily have my bank do it. Hey, thanks for the wise words Pushbrk, you rock bro. =) Oh, I only have 2 pages of my passport stamped from my 2 trips there and back. Should I also have the blank pages copied and notarized too?

218696[/snapback]

Fighting exasperation, YES! The point is to present a copy of your passport. That means ALL THE PAGES. If it was intended to be copies of certain pages of your passport it wouldn't be called a copy of your passport. It would be called "copies of the visa pages".

I had to explain this to my insurance agent who had notarized many passports for international travel. For passport replacement purposes, you copy what is needed to prove who you are, your passport number etc. The issue here is not to supply enough to replace a passport. It is to supply a notarized "copy of your passport."

It's the same concept as "tax returns". If they just wanted the 1040 or one page of the 1040 they wouldn't ask for tax returns. They want a copy of what you submitted to the IRS. That includes the W2, any 1099 forms and all pages submitted, whether in an envelope or electronically.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

218691[/snapback]

does it matter to have the receipts for the ring? just be patient. you are not the only one, my husband complains too :P

218691[/snapback]

When your wife has her interview in 9 days, nothing is

an odd request :P ! Send her the receipts :D .

Have her keep it in a folder along with any other back up info.

that you have. The VO will never ask for it but you never know, and

if it makes your wife more relaxed, all the better :D !

218691[/snapback]

When your wife has her interview in 9 days, nothing is

an odd request :D ! Send her the receipts :) .

Have her keep it in a folder along with any other back up info.

that you have. The VO will never ask for it but you never know, and

if it makes your wife more relaxed, all the better :cheering: !

218703[/snapback]

If she wants it, I would just send it to her too. She is thinking ahead and froming her plan. She has a picture in her mind of what she wants to present to the VO that in her eyes establishes the complete picture.

Why don't you present us with a total list of what you will be sending her and let us help you go over it real fast. A bunch of CFL heads working together could help put the finishing touches on it for her.

Hey Mike, i appreciate the offer, I will try to list all the stuff we have aquired for our interview to use as proof. We of course have 5 books of pictures, each containing around 25 pics each, airline ticket stubs, my itinerary given me by my travel agent. Copies of receipts for everything I did in China on my 2 visits to China. Even the money change receipts were kept. 3 years of prepared back taxes with w-2s. The receipt for the wedding rings. A letter from my company, the email from her father welcoming me to the family after I asked her dads permission to marry her. Pictures of the nice man from china who is my dads friend and my dad working in my dads workshop on their R/C airplanes, also pics of the same man with her dad. A letter from this Chinese man and a note from his employer. Copies of my passport with visa's. A letter hand written by me expressing my intent and feelings for her. A letter from my dad saying she is welcome to live in his home with me. Bills of the house that I mailed to my wife. If i think of anything else i'll be sure to post, I'm sure I didnt forget the kitchen sink hehe. Oh, yahoo, MSN, email logs, and phone printouts from my echina phone card.

Hey Mike, i appreciate the offer, I will try to list all the stuff we have aquired for our interview to use as proof. We of course have 5 books of pictures, each containing around 25 pics each, airline ticket stubs, my itinerary given me by my travel agent. Copies of receipts for everything I did in China on my 2 visits to China. Even the money change receipts were kept. 3 years of prepared back taxes with w-2s. The receipt for the wedding rings. A letter from my company, the email from her father welcoming me to the family after I asked her dads permission to marry her. Pictures of the nice man from china who is my dads friend and my dad working in my dads workshop on their R/C airplanes, also pics of the same man with her dad. A letter from this Chinese man and a note from his employer. Copies of my passport with visa's. A letter hand written by me expressing my intent and feelings for her. A letter from my dad saying she is welcome to live in his home with me. Bills of the house that I mailed to my wife. If i think of anything else i'll be sure to post, I'm sure I didnt forget the kitchen sink hehe. Oh, yahoo, MSN, email logs, and phone printouts from my echina phone card.

218874[/snapback]

Don't forget the towel racks and the shower curtain. :P

Goodluck Hunter!!!

Preparing several months for a 3 minute interview is frighting to say the least. Just kick back and do what she says, and say, ok honey, here you go!!! :P

218696[/snapback]

notarize the whole thing. Make a copy of your D/L and SSN and notarize that too. If income is close to the 134/864 thresholds, send bank statements, house-related documents, and a letter from your bank - notarize the lot of it if you can.

I'm lucky that I work for a city and one of our clerks is a notary. She'll have free "taco Tuesdays" for the next month, but her stamp is on everything I sent to my wife for her preparation for P3/P4/interview.

218874[/snapback]

Also include copies of any handwritten correspondence you sent, CDs you sent her etc. all that is proof of relationship. My wife has a 25 slot expandable file, and then a small suitcase for all the emails along with it. She will have about 10kg of junk with her when she finally goes to her interview.

Maybe more, since I email her the latest phone statements and she keeps a copy of each in and out email as well. If she needs an oxcart for all the documentation, so be it. Better that every scrap is in there, than nothing.

This may be obvious, but please tell me you sent her a notarized I-134 as well! I didnt see that in your list of stuff.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)