Help, I can not express the sadness in my SO's eyes when I saw her with the "Blue and Pink" sheets. Unfortunately she admitted to the VO that although she know which city I lived in, she was not sure which address I lived at. I have a physical address and a PO Box where I get most of my mail. Only my packages go to my physical address. She had forgotten this. Even though she showed him a year worth of phone calls and many photos on my four trips to China, it was not enough.

I called the phone number and they said she can call back and schedule another appointment to look at the other documents they requested and then give her their answer then. I am still here in China and do not return to the US until the 28th. It will be at least a week before I can get the other documents to her. I am hoping by the second week of June she will have her visa.

Has anyone heard of the VO asking, on the pink sheet, for the petitioner's ex-spouse's SSAN? Why? What does it have to do with proving a real relationship between my SO and me? Even though I have provided many sworn,notarized statements with my actual physical address I now have to provide proof. So I will have to get my landlord to make a statement and even go to the DMV and have them list my address of record for the last 5 years which will show when I left my ex and changed my address to where I am now. What a hassel. I also had to make a detail letter as to each trip to China, who paid for the tickets (like she could afford to pay for them) and a more detailed explanation how how we met and why we got engaged. Should I start to worry? I have already told my SO that if after a year together this past April and 9 months of this Fiance Visa process, if it fails, I will spend our planed US trip in July in China and marry for real, there-by starting a new married visa. We want to have a child and do not want to wait. Seeing as she already has a son, she can not have another without being married.

Any advise will be appretiated. I am going back to Guangzhou this afternoon to attend the Friday afternoon question and answer session. I went to see a Consulate Officer to complain after the interview on Tuesday, but all hes said I could was attend the Friday afternoon session. I have already written a 6 page letter, mostly polite :-)..answering all of the checked boxes on the 'pink' sheet,but I can not give the proof until I return to the states next week.

Edited by marks1957 (see edit history)
see this [still active] blue slip thread for similar issues:

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18119

218098[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply. I saw this earlier. It is one thing for me to understand, but the look and sadness in my SO is very hard right now. We are flying back down to GZ this afternoon. I hope I find out more at this Q&A session at the US Embassy tomorrow.

this request for an ex's SSN and who paid for tickets and the relationship described is not all that uncommon a request in blue slips.

I would keep it factual, clearly dated, maybe in bullet form so it is easy to follow dates and occurrences of visits. Keep in mind the ABCs: Accurate [in facts], Brief [in length], Concise [in points].

They ask for how you meet and got engaged... I assume you included little (or no) info like this in the original petition (intent to marry statement). I would review that for what you said to make sure your consistent with what's there.

Definitely go to the friday session...

I would consider the following:

- I would first ask them their assessment of the case and what is lacking. Get some info before giving your thoughts. Although it might be brief or they say, "look at the slips".

- prepare a game plan for what you think you will pull together for evidence, maybe make a very brief summary of it. Then show them the game plan and ask what they think of this; are you missing anything they would recommend, etc...

---

If this is nothing more than an 'answer' snafu by your SO.. then the overcome evidence should satisfy them. If they suspect deeper doubt, they may request more evidence after the overcome. Regardless, you only need to deal with the current slips. Keep yourself and your SO focus on the "what to do now". A future plan to get married if all else fails is a great backup plan.. but your not there yet. But assure her as you know is helpful and best for her well-being.

this request for an ex's SSN and who paid for tickets and the relationship described is not all that uncommon a request in blue slips.

I would keep it factual, clearly dated, maybe in bullet form so it is easy to follow dates and occurrences of visits.    Keep in mind the ABCs: Accurate [in facts], Brief [in length], Concise [in points].

They ask for how you meet and got engaged... I assume you included little (or no) info like this in the original petition (intent to marry statement).  I would review that for what you said to make sure your consistent with what's there.

Definitely go to the friday session... 

I would consider the following:

- I would first ask them their assessment of the case and what is lacking.  Get some info before giving your thoughts.  Although it might be brief or they say, "look at the slips".

- prepare a game plan for what  you think you will pull together for evidence, maybe make a very brief summary of it.    Then show them the game plan and ask what they think of this; are you missing anything they would recommend, etc...

---

If this is nothing more than an 'answer' snafu by your SO.. then the overcome evidence should satisfy them.  If they suspect deeper doubt, they may request more evidence after the overcome.  Regardless, you only need to deal with the current slips.  Keep yourself and your SO focus on the "what to do now".  A future plan to get married if all else fails is a great backup plan.. but your not there yet. But assure her as you know is helpful and best for her well-being.

218112[/snapback]

Thanks for your reply and concern. I do not think they even read my Letter of Intent to Marry where I listed our relationship. It was brief but to the point. Now I have written 6 pages. Hope this is enough. I do not know if the VO tomorrow will review it or not and let me know if it is OK? Hope so. Thanks again.

I dont get this. What caused the VO to wonder who bought the tickets?

Also, why this trend now with ex's SSNs? I don't understand. I've got Ex's and I gave my wife the divorce decrees that state how they are OUT of my life. Maybe this is a K-1 thing?

As for the address, I can see this one. I sense a tough question that maybe had nothing to do with the request for more information, but it was something that stuck in your SO's mind...

It's been a rollercoaster lately, far lower than the "90%" we've been seeing historically. I think its more like 75% lately...

I dont get this.  What caused the VO to wonder who bought the tickets?

Also, why this trend now with ex's SSNs?  I don't understand.  I've got Ex's and I gave my wife the divorce decrees that state how they are OUT of my life.  Maybe this is a K-1 thing?

As for the address, I can see this one.  I sense a tough question that maybe had nothing to do with the request for more information, but it was something that stuck in your SO's mind...

It's been a rollercoaster lately, far lower than the "90%" we've been seeing historically.  I think its more like 75% lately...

218145[/snapback]

Yes, reading the successes will bring you up, then you read about those last two.. bummer..

I guess i'll have to have my wife repeat my address for me 20 times (How in hell do they expect a Chinese to memorize her husband's US address is beyond me...)

I will also get all the proof in the world to show that me and my ex are not scamming anyone. The lease on my house, her current address, SS number, my utility bills for the last 3 years her utility bills for the last 3 years (My son will get that for me...) and on and on and on.

(F%^&ng process eh?) :wub: :wub:

Edited by stacato (see edit history)

Like the others have said, approach this hurdle with detached logic and provide the information. The address snafu can likely be satisfactorily explained. Asking for the ex's SSN is sometimes aimed at making sure the ex is not involved in the process and asking who paid for the tickets is sometimes aimed at determining whether others are involved in a scheme to bring an alien to the US. I've read about instances where a third party offers to take care of all the financial aspects if the USC agrees to lend his/her name to the application process. In my view, simply stating "I paid for the ticket" might not be enough, and it might be worthwhile to show your cash flows, that is, here's where the money for the tickets came from and here's where it was used to buy the tickets. Credit card receipts would be good. To me, the important thing is to show that you were not reimbursed for the costs.

Keep a level head and good luck.

I suspect that marks1957 may have a low income ... this could trigger the whole chain of events.

218153[/snapback]

Possible. I 'll tell you what though, I am going to GUZ with EVERY proof possible, so if and when we get hit with that blue slip, we are prepared with ANYTHING they might ask for. I don't want to have to scramble in the last minute.

And knowing my luck... I WILL get hit with that blue slip

:wub:

1. I'm not sure they use SSN of your ex to track her residence or to check whether you got paid for bringing your ex to America.

I think in a scam case, the petitioner or applicant is still living with his/her ex.

2. Everybody has got lots of sworn, notarized stuff.

Provide solid evidence to prove a genuine relationship.

3. Who paid your flight tickets? If you have records of your crdit card or bank account to show you paid for your trip to China, that's good. Name card of your travel agency, flight schedule....

4. Stick to K1, it's faster. If you get married, you have to start a K3 all over again and wait another 9 months or one year.

Where there is a problem, there is a solution. This is life.

The reason for the ex's SSN is for the suspiscion of fraud whereas the beneficiary is prone to make it to the states to meet up with false documents. Having the petitioners ex's SSN tells a great deal as most everything here in the states can be traced to a persons SSN.

The reason for who bought the travel is simple, to justify the means for the petitioners travel. Matching timelines of travel and Chinese visa purchases along with credit card statements and photo evidence timelines. Having all these "ducks in a row" proved very key for us in our overcome.

My ex gave me more than sufficient documents of our separate lives, auto loan papers, cancelled checks, utility bill copies, etc...

Just give the officials what they are asking, and as persons (Carl, Don and Frank) told me 8 months ago, "Smile and gargle plenty of mouth wash as you kiss their ass!"

I suspect that marks1957 may have a low income ... this could trigger the whole chain of events.

218153[/snapback]

Possible. I 'll tell you what though, I am going to GUZ with EVERY proof possible, so if and when we get hit with that blue slip, we are prepared with ANYTHING they might ask for. I don't want to have to scramble in the last minute.

And knowing my luck... I WILL get hit with that blue slip

B)

218184[/snapback]

I'm only hoping you get stuck with an overweight baggage charge. :P

Preparation and having everything organized is so very important, it gives your SO confidence and makes it fast for her to give the VO what they are wanting. I even think it might make a difference in the interview.

As for the Address thing, we only worried about getting the City and State, but she had a paper she could reference if they wanted specifics.

218153[/snapback]

No, I do not believe it is the income. I make way over the minimum, over 6 figures. (but yes I do have bills with that income too) I really think after I saw the VO on Friday and asked him why, that it may have had to do with the fact that my divorce was finalized, after a year of court battles, living apart, in June 05 and I went to China and got engaged in July of 05. This is why I think they want to see proof of residency of my ex and me. :D