Confused Again

We recieved a notice from USCIS today saying:

We recieved a notice from USCIS today saying:

________

Submit the following in order to complete your Application for adjustment to Permanent Residence:

Form I-693 :Submit a FormI-693(Medical Examination) that has been completed and signed by a

physician who is on the Civil Surgeon's List.Your current file does not contain a copy of your overseas

medical exam.

Submit proof that the spouse/sponsor is a permanent resident or United States Citizen.

Divorce/Death Decree:Submit a copy of the civilly registered divorce decree(s) and /or death

certificate(s) that legally terminated all of your and your and your spouses prior marriages if any.

G325:Submit a completed G325 form by your spouse"

They have all the documents. Why are they asking for them again?

Do we have to do another I-693 completely?

As always, I appreciate your help and comments

Edited by Tian9426 (see edit history)

If this is from the California Service Center then this is a GOOD thing, because once they get what they want you will get the Welcome letter in the mail followed by a Green Card without an interview. :rolleyes:

They are probably requesting the vaccination suppliment, call the phone number on the notice and ask for clarification. It is possible they are insisting on a new medical, it's not right, but they can do this. :(

I know you have sent them before, but no amount of arguing with them will get you anywhere. They could have lost the papers, so dance to their tune and keep things moving.

If this is from the California Service Center then this is a GOOD thing, because once they get what they want you will get the Welcome letter in the mail followed by a Green Card without an interview.  :lol:

They are probably requesting the vaccination suppliment, call the phone number on the notice and ask for clarification. It is possible they are insisting on a new medical, it's not right, but they can do this.  :D

I know you have sent them before, but no amount of arguing with them will get you anywhere. They could have lost the papers, so dance to their tune and keep things moving.

217365[/snapback]

I suspect they misplaced the original K-1 file. I am traveling overseas now. I will follow the advise. Thanks a lot. My wife is from Fushun too.

If this is from the California Service Center then this is a GOOD thing, because once they get what they want you will get the Welcome letter in the mail followed by a Green Card without an interview.  :blink:

They are probably requesting the vaccination suppliment, call the phone number on the notice and ask for clarification. It is possible they are insisting on a new medical, it's not right, but they can do this.  :(

217365[/snapback]

I suspect they misplaced the original K-1 file. I am traveling overseas now. I will follow the advise. Thanks a lot. My wife is from Fushun too.

218426[/snapback]

We just need to work out a Liaoning province get together, we seem to have enough CFL members with SO's from that area. :lol:

If this is from the California Service Center then this is a GOOD thing, because once they get what they want you will get the Welcome letter in the mail followed by a Green Card without an interview.  :)

They are probably requesting the vaccination suppliment, call the phone number on the notice and ask for clarification. It is possible they are insisting on a new medical, it's not right, but they can do this.  :blink:

217365[/snapback]

218426[/snapback]

We just need to work out a Liaoning province get together, we seem to have enough CFL members with SO's from that area. :blink:

218439[/snapback]

Thanks Lee.

I have just spent an hour on the phone and We have to do another I-693. They screwed you up. You have to pay for it and say "thank you."

That's ridiculous. Even if there is not a I-693 in the file, the fact that she was granted the K1 in the first places shows that she had a valid one when the visa was issued. If you can get another I-693 done WITH the supplement quickly AND cheaply, I'd just go ahead and do it and send it in. On the other hand, if it's going to take a lot of time and money, I'd say it's worth making some additional calls.

The 1-800 number isn't always (ever?) the best source of information--when my wife got her biometrics/fingerprint appointment notice AFTER we had already done biometrics/fingerprints and I called to see if we needed to go again, the woman i spoke to said we had better go, or they might view our file as abandoned. Well, we obeyed and went to the office. When we got there, we were told there was no reason for us to come again, that my wife's fingerprints/biometrics were ALL READY in the system, and that whoever told us to come again on the phone was WRONG. So, you may want to make some more calls, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to talk to someone who knew a definitive answer.

That's ridiculous.  Even if there is not a I-693 in the file, the fact that she was granted the K1 in the first places shows that she had a valid one when the visa was issued.  If you can get another I-693 done WITH the supplement quickly AND cheaply, I'd just go ahead and do it and send it in.  On the other hand, if it's going to take a lot of time and money, I'd say it's worth making some additional calls.

The 1-800 number isn't always (ever?) the best source of information--when my wife got her biometrics/fingerprint appointment notice AFTER we had already done biometrics/fingerprints and I called to see if we needed to go again, the woman i spoke to said we had better go, or they might view our file as abandoned.  Well, we obeyed and went to the office.  When we got there, we were told there was no reason for us to come again, that my wife's fingerprints/biometrics were ALL READY in the system, and that whoever told us to come again on the phone was WRONG.  So, you may want to make some more calls, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to talk to someone who knew a definitive answer.

220745[/snapback]

Thanks,

Besides the 1-800-375-5283, is there another number I can call?

That's ridiculous.  Even if there is not a I-693 in the file, the fact that she was granted the K1 in the first places shows that she had a valid one when the visa was issued.  If you can get another I-693 done WITH the supplement quickly AND cheaply, I'd just go ahead and do it and send it in.  On the other hand, if it's going to take a lot of time and money, I'd say it's worth making some additional calls.

The 1-800 number isn't always (ever?) the best source of information--when my wife got her biometrics/fingerprint appointment notice AFTER we had already done biometrics/fingerprints and I called to see if we needed to go again, the woman i spoke to said we had better go, or they might view our file as abandoned.  Well, we obeyed and went to the office.  When we got there, we were told there was no reason for us to come again, that my wife's fingerprints/biometrics were ALL READY in the system, and that whoever told us to come again on the phone was WRONG.  So, you may want to make some more calls, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to talk to someone who knew a definitive answer.

220745[/snapback]

You're right it's ridiculous, but unfortunately they can ask for a new medical exam at any time. It's completely in their power to do so, it's a judgment call and they don't have to justify it. The end result is since they have requested it the clock is ticking and you have to supply it within the time frame given.

You just gotta chose your battles, others have tried to fight this one and then gone for the medical exam. :lol:

You're right it's ridiculous, but unfortunately they can ask for a new medical exam at any time. It's completely in their power to do so, it's a judgment call and they don't have to justify it. The end result is since they have requested it the clock is ticking and you have to supply it within the time frame given.

You just gotta chose your battles, others have tried to fight this one and then gone for the medical exam.  :)

220785[/snapback]

Ummm... no. Where did you get that information from? They do not have the right to ask for an additional medical exam at any time. Can you show me anywhere that the government has the right to require an intending immigrant to undergo multiple medical exams at its will if one has already been submitted within the past 12 months?

Granted, it is an uphill battle, and it may be easier to just go ahead and do the exam again to get the ball rolling on the application, but from my own experience (see above), it doesn't hurt to make some additional phone calls, ask to talk to superiors, etc. In this case, a phone call to the 800 number is NOT going to solve the problem, because the person you speak to on the phone is NOT able to look at your file and see what's there. A letter would do the trick, but waiting for a response may just simply take too long, and just doing the medical again may be faster. My guess is that they just want the Supplemental and the person Tian spoke to on the phone doesn't know the difference. But that's only a guess, and unless Tian can get a definitive answer, I agree he should have his wife do another medical.

You just gotta chose your battles, others have tried to fight this one and then gone for the medical exam.  :redblob:

220785[/snapback]

Ummm... no. Where did you get that information from? They do not have the right to ask for an additional medical exam at any time. Can you show me anywhere that the government has the right to require an intending immigrant to undergo multiple medical exams at its will if one has already been submitted within the past 12 months?

Granted, it is an uphill battle, and it may be easier to just go ahead and do the exam again to get the ball rolling on the application, but from my own experience (see above), it doesn't hurt to make some additional phone calls, ask to talk to superiors, etc. In this case, a phone call to the 800 number is NOT going to solve the problem, because the person you speak to on the phone is NOT able to look at your file and see what's there. A letter would do the trick, but waiting for a response may just simply take too long, and just doing the medical again may be faster. My guess is that they just want the Supplemental and the person Tian spoke to on the phone doesn't know the difference. But that's only a guess, and unless Tian can get a definitive answer, I agree he should have his wife do another medical.

220879[/snapback]

Trigg got caught up in that situation and did quite a bit of checking on it. The end result is the IO can ask for a medical exam or anything else any time they wish in the process and there is little we can do about it until it has the appearance of abuse of power. A person can fight it, but RFE's have a respond by date or they can cancel the case.

Is is right or fair, absolutely not, but that's the way it is.

Feel free to PM Trigg and verify this.

Lee

Since meds are sealed by the Doctor themselves, wouldn't they by law be good for a year. as told by website?

Rick and Yanlan

Lee

Since meds are sealed by the Doctor themselves, wouldn't they by law be good for a year. as told by website?

Rick and Yanlan

221030[/snapback]

The medical exam is good for one year, unless they ask for another exam for whatever reason. this is not the first time someone is asked to provide a new exam for AOS and probably won't be the last. :eyebrow:

The best we can hope for is to get through the process the fastest and easiest way possible.