Eligible for Interview???

I called DOS today. I was told that as from May 4/06 Wife is eligible for interview. I was told they, Guz, had received some forms from wife in march. We both have faxed her address change. I re faxed again earlier this week, after emailing Guz. Anyway, I was told she had cleared some of the clearances, but not name check yet.

Is this anything to be excited about, or human canned response? It seems I have seen this topic before, but couldn't find it in the search.

Thanx in advance for all replies :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand Elgible for Interview normally means the name check is complete and you are in the final queue. :rolleyes:

Cleared some of the clearances, that's interesting. :blink:

I'd give them a call again and see if you can get a better understanding from them. Normally you are either cleared or not. If a second request is needed it was cuased by one of the others so you weren't actually cleared.

Yes, it sounds like something to get excited about, but hold off on telling her too much until you get something more substantial that a maybe.

Edited by LeeFisher3 (see edit history)
I remember once when my SO was eligible for interview.  Then suddenly she wasnt' eligible interview.  Ooops we made a mistake.  :blink:  :rolleyes:  :whip:

215787[/snapback]

Same thing happened to me last month.

Ken, it looks like we both cleared about the same time. Congratulations!

I called DOS today.  I was told that as from May 4/06 Wife is eligible for interview.  I was told they, Guz, had received some forms from wife in march.  We both have faxed her address change.  I re faxed again earlier this week, after emailing Guz.  Anyway, I was told she had cleared some of the clearances, but not name check yet.

Is this anything to be excited about, or human canned response? It seems I have seen this topic before, but couldn't find it in the search.

Thanx in advance for all replies :rolleyes:

215773[/snapback]

I reveived the "eligible for interview" answer also, but they did not have a date. I think it's a half canned response. Our info was stamped on the same

day, April 19th. At this point Guz. has not even entered my case into the computers yet. When you called DOS, did they tell you Guz has your case

entered into the computer system? If they did, thats a good sign!

I have long thought as Lee mentioned.. that it's a sign of a completed namecheck, ergo: no hindrance left...

But at one calling to DOS, I was explained it as "arrived at GUZ"... but this doesn't make sense to me since the P3 (ie: if a K# , this is the visa application) hasn't been taken care of yet... but I understand for a CR1, their P3 is prior to GUZ...

maybe it's time to ask GUZSpeaks to clarify the use for visa types...

I have long thought as Lee mentioned.. that it's a sign of a completed namecheck, ergo: no hindrance left...

But at one calling to DOS, I was explained it as "arrived at GUZ"...  but this doesn't make sense to me since the P3 (ie: if a K# , this is the visa application) hasn't been taken care of yet...  but I understand for a CR1, their P3 is prior to GUZ...

maybe it's time to ask GUZSpeaks to clarify the use for visa types...

215823[/snapback]

I specifically asked if the "final name check" was completed. I was told "Yes". This time I didn't belive them on the first call, I called them 6 days in a row to get the same answer.

Security clearance is completed; she is waiting to be scheduled for an interview date.

Thanx for the replies fellas. I thought I had seen two or three people asking the same question a little earlier.

They definitely have the case, as I was told today. That was after a direct question. After the lady told me,,she is eligible for interview, is when I asked about name check.

I thought I had seen you guys say, you were told eligible for interview,,then something happened.

I try not to get too excited anymore, until proof positive. :wub: :) :D

Okay, too much information has left me confused.

I called last week. They said they had received the P3 on 20 April. Which seemed a little late since my SO had sent it back on 8 April. But okay. Name check not complete, not eligible for interview. Okayfine.

I called Monday night this week. The lady seemed flustered, but said that my SO had completed name check and was eligible for the interview. Just wanting to make sure (and fearing the worst), I called back last night and confirmed my fears:

This lady said the P3 info had been entered into the computer 8 May, but her name check was NOT complete and she was NOT YET eligible for the interview. However, the lady offered the consolation that once info is entered into the computer, it is usually 1-2 months before the interview happens. But she wasn't clear if it was 1-2 months before the interview is scheduled, or if she meant that we could get the P4 at any time (so that the interview could be scheduled for as early as 17 June).

Cany anyone help clear this mess up? What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer? Why a delay of more than 2 weeks? Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

Edited by A Mafan (see edit history)

I called last week.  They said they had received the P3 on 20 April.  Which seemed a little late since my SO had sent it back on 8 April.  But okay.  Name check not complete, not eligible for interview.  Okayfine.

I called Monday night this week.  The lady seemed flustered, but said that my SO had completed name check and was eligible for the interview.  Just wanting to make sure (and fearing the worst), I called back last night and confirmed my fears:

This lady said the P3 info had been entered into the computer 8 May, but her name check was NOT complete and she was NOT YET eligible for the interview.  However, the lady offered the consolation that once info is entered into the computer, it is usually 1-2 months before the interview happens.  But she wasn't clear if it was 1-2 months before the interview is scheduled, or if she meant that we could get the P4 at any time (so that the interview could be scheduled for as early as 17 June).

Cany anyone help clear this mess up?  What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer?  Why a delay of more than 2 weeks?  Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

215829[/snapback]

Let's not confuse, CR-1 with other visa types :wub: Mafan, since you don't have a sig/timeline, and since you sent P3 to Guz, whereas we sent ours to NVC,,,Might make this a little confusing to you. :)

Edited by obxtrainman (see edit history)

I called last week.  They said they had received the P3 on 20 April.  Which seemed a little late since my SO had sent it back on 8 April.  But okay.  Name check not complete, not eligible for interview.  Okayfine.

I called Monday night this week.  The lady seemed flustered, but said that my SO had completed name check and was eligible for the interview.  Just wanting to make sure (and fearing the worst), I called back last night and confirmed my fears:

This lady said the P3 info had been entered into the computer 8 May, but her name check was NOT complete and she was NOT YET eligible for the interview.  However, the lady offered the consolation that once info is entered into the computer, it is usually 1-2 months before the interview happens.  But she wasn't clear if it was 1-2 months before the interview is scheduled, or if she meant that we could get the P4 at any time (so that the interview could be scheduled for as early as 17 June).

Cany anyone help clear this mess up?  What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer?  Why a delay of more than 2 weeks?  Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

215829[/snapback]

I'm also a little confused :D. I can only answer your last question. I remember

reading in "Guz speaks", they start the name check for K visas when they get the electronic file from NVC. for CR-1 they wait till they have the case on hand. I'll check and find the post.

215829[/snapback]

I'm also a little confused :D. I can only answer your last question. I remember

reading in "Guz speaks", they start the name check for K visas when they get the electronic file from NVC. for CR-1 they wait till they have the case on hand. I'll check and find the post.

215832[/snapback]

found it

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14621

cool, thanks.

And, yeah, I'm doing the K1 Shuffle.