Can the namecheck be started earlier

shentaro

Is there any way that the name check can be started before the consulate physically receives the package? it is my understanding that the consulate receives the case electronically from the NVC almost immediately, or maybe have the NVC initiate the name check before they send it off? I think that is the main reason people are upset about the long wait into the computer, because during that time nothing is happening with their cases. Then once it's there, they must wait again another few months for the name check to complete. 2 months is alot, especially when it means the difference between spending christmas and anniversary and valentines together, or not, and seems a constructive use of this "down" time.

Thank you for taking the time to respond

Edited by shentaro (see edit history)

Dear CFL Members,

For K cases, the namechecks are started before the Consulate physically receives the file. They are started before the case is shipped.

However, for normal immigrant cases, like CR1's and IR1's, the namechecks cannot be started before the file is physically received in Guangzhou. The electronic notification that the file is in transit does not contain enough information in order to do the security checks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Section, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

• 3 months later...
Dear CFL Members,

For K cases, the namechecks are started before the Consulate physically receives the file. They are started before the case is shipped.

However, for normal immigrant cases, like CR1's and IR1's, the namechecks cannot be started before the file is physically received in Guangzhou. The electronic notification that the file is in transit does not contain enough information in order to do the security checks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Section, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

176153[/snapback]

Hi,USCONGUZ

Thanks for your help here.

I was just wondering why it took so long to get our cases finally get into the GUZ computer? Where causes the delay? Is it possible that our cases would get lost during the transition process? And after it gets inot the systerm, how long would the name check be? My case were sent out from NVC in Dec last year, and we called both DOS and GUZ, they told us there is no infomation about it right this moment, so where is our case? Is it still not cleaned from the custome or somewhere like a black hole? why some cases go faster, some so slow? I kind of feeling that cases for married people are actually slower than other type, why?

Thanks again, finding you here means a lot.

Tina

199063[/snapback]

Question??

If one applys for K-3 the name check is completed prior to forwarding the file to GZ. Correct? If one has also applied for CR-1 and that arrives at GZ a short time later then can the prior name check be used ?? it should be considered current and valid. Correct?? And if not used why not? Thank you in advanced for your reply

TAC