Eligible for Interview???

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cany anyone help clear this mess up?  What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer?  Why a delay of more than 2 weeks?  Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

215829[/snapback]

frankly, these are good questions.. and in the past, we tried to rely on data to determine this... if nooneufo reads, this, he could give the best historical answer based on data...

But I agree we have to separate out CR1 vs the rest when we talk about some of this, as it will confuse matters more.

---

Another few quotes from the consulate, which i do agree with and past data clearly shows us to be true.. but again, we have to remember this is K# visa types... I have seen it differently for CR1s...

In most K1 and K3 cases, the namecheck process has already been started at NVC.  It is impossible to predict how long the namecheck process will take.  Each case is different.

214629[/snapback]

In most cases the namecheck process for K petitions is completed at the NVC before they send the file to post.  I'm sure there are a small number of cases that arrive at post with namechecks still pending, but it is not common.  We would not hold up the Packet 3 for the namecheck results, but we do delay the interview until the results are received.

215307[/snapback]

---

- The case is sent to GUZ, usually electronically and for K#s the namecheck usually starts (prior to GUZ getting the physical case).

- When the physical case is received, it is entered into the computer (I'm following a K# example here.. I question whether CR1s get into the computer at this point or not; I see some differences in the data).

- When P3 is received back at GUZ, that is entered in the computer (not sure if there is any delay to enter this if the namecheck is pending)...

- At some point, the namecheck is completed.. historically, it appears that if a namecheck was done in expected timeframe, that one can use the P3 dates (sent back to GUZ) to determine (or predict) the interview... as if they start in some queue at the P3 stage (as opposed to a namecheck stage), as long as the namecheck does not have a delay... [again.. this is a K# example]

clear as mud I assume...

added:

If a mod wants to break out the K# discussion going on here to another thread.. I know there is cross-visa-talk going on here..

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
Cany anyone help clear this mess up??What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer??Why a delay of more than 2 weeks??Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

215829[/snapback]

frankly, these are good questions.. and in the past, we tried to rely on data to determine this... if nooneufo reads, this, he could give the best historical answer based on data...

But I agree we have to separate out CR1 vs the rest when we talk about some of this, as it will confuse matters more.

---

Another few quotes from the consulate, which i do agree with and past data clearly shows us to be true.. but again, we have to remember this is K# visa types... I have seen it differently for CR1s...

In most K1 and K3 cases, the namecheck process has already been started at NVC.?It is impossible to predict how long the namecheck process will take.?Each case is different.

214629[/snapback]

In most cases the namecheck process for K petitions is completed at the NVC before they send the file to post.?I'm sure there are a small number of cases that arrive at post with namechecks still pending, but it is not common.?We would not hold up the Packet 3 for the namecheck results, but we do delay the interview until the results are received.

215307[/snapback]

---

- The case is sent to GUZ, usually electronically and for K#s the namecheck usually starts (prior to GUZ getting the physical case).

- When the physical case is received, it is entered into the computer (I'm following a K# example here.. I question whether CR1s get into the computer at this point or not; I see some differences in the data).

- When P3 is received back at GUZ, that is entered in the computer (not sure if there is any delay to enter this if the namecheck is pending)...

- At some point, the namecheck is completed.. historically, it appears that if a namecheck was done in expected timeframe, that one can use the P3 dates (sent back to GUZ) to determine (or predict) the interview... as if they start in some queue at the P3 stage (as opposed to a namecheck stage), as long as the namecheck does not have a delay... [again.. this is a K# example]

clear as mud I assume...

added:

If a mod wants to break out the K# discussion going on here to another thread.. I know there is cross-visa-talk going on here..

215848[/snapback]

NVC told me they were waiting for my K3 name check to be completed before sending the file to GUZ. A few days later, they confirmed the name check was complete and that they had sent the file to GUZ that day.

Post #2

Group: GUZ

Member No.: 2121

Dear CFL Members,

For K cases, the namechecks are started before the Consulate physically receives the file. They are started before the case is shipped.

However, for normal immigrant cases, like CR1's and IR1's, the namechecks cannot be started before the file is physically received in Guangzhou. The electronic notification that the file is in transit does not contain enough information in order to do the security checks.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Section, U.S. Consulate, Guangzhou, China

Good Luck to us all B)

215842[/snapback]

Amen to that!!!

Did they tell you what date Guz entered you into their computers?

215846[/snapback]

No! it's like pulling hind teeth to get answers. They know all the questions they will be asked. Yet, they leave it to us, to ask specific questions. It seems to me, since they already confirmed you are legitimate. They should read the screen, tell us where the dice are laying. What the heck, they know by the time they start answering our questions, that we are the petitioners. This is such a screwed up system.

Believe me my fellow Americans, and soon to be. Not all agencies of our government is this bad. I guess we just need to have patience. :blink:

Cany anyone help clear this mess up??What's the difference between receiving the P3 and entering it into the computer??Why a delay of more than 2 weeks??Does entering the info in the computer have any connection to the name check? (it doesn't sound like it).

215829[/snapback]

---

In most K1 and K3 cases, the namecheck process has already been started at NVC.?It is impossible to predict how long the namecheck process will take.?Each case is different.

214629[/snapback]

In most cases the namecheck process for K petitions is completed at the NVC before they send the file to post.?I'm sure there are a small number of cases that arrive at post with namechecks still pending, but it is not common.?We would not hold up the Packet 3 for the namecheck results, but we do delay the interview until the results are received.

215307[/snapback]

---

clear as mud I assume...

added:

215848[/snapback]

NVC told me they were waiting for my K3 name check to be completed before sending the file to GUZ. A few days later, they confirmed the name check was complete and that they had sent the file to GUZ that day.

215853[/snapback]

Your wifes name check, and possibly another for you will be done after they receive the case in GUZ. At least that is how I've been reading this for a year now. Good Luck to you to Mike.

Guest pushbrk

215829[/snapback]

---

214629[/snapback]

215307[/snapback]

---

clear as mud I assume...

added:

215848[/snapback]

215853[/snapback]

Your wifes name check, and possibly another for you will be done after they receive the case in GUZ. At least that is how I've been reading this for a year now. Good Luck to you to Mike.

215860[/snapback]

Thanks, and that makes sense. I've seen several references to a "second name check" but USCONGUZ has commonly referred to "the name check". Maybe David could ask for clarification on those questions in his post to GUZ Speaks.

215829[/snapback]

---

214629[/snapback]

215307[/snapback]

---

clear as mud I assume...

added:

215848[/snapback]

215853[/snapback]

215860[/snapback]

Thanks, and that makes sense. I've seen several references to a "second name check" but USCONGUZ has commonly referred to "the name check". Maybe David could ask for clarification on those questions in his post to GUZ Speaks.

215863[/snapback]

Mike, for some reason, I have been thinking you were straight CR-1. :bangin: I just noticed you have a K3 in the running also. I have only studied the CR-1 religiously. The name checks are a big one on the differences in timelines. K1/K3/Cr-1. It's all so confusing trying to keep up.

There is a different difference between CR-1, and the K1 visas. But adding the K3, can really change things from what I've seen. It's all guess work :pilot:

Mike, for some reason, I have been thinking you were straight CR-1. :bangin:  I just noticed you have a K3 in the running also.  I have only studied the CR-1 religiously.  The name checks are a big one on the differences in timelines.  K1/K3/Cr-1.  It's all so confusing trying to keep up.

There is a different difference between CR-1, and the K1 visas.  But adding the K3, can really change things from what I've seen.  It's all guess work :pilot:

215885[/snapback]

Although GUZ gave us this response:

If we have already received the namecheck results in a K3 case, we normally apply those results to the CR/IR case.

214629[/snapback]

And this in another thread:

If Petitioner X has a CR/IR case and Petitioner Y has a K3 case eligible for an interview at the same time, we would usually give priority to the K case.

215312[/snapback]

---

The first comment surprised me at first based on the much longer times I see the CR1s taking through GUZ.. but the second comment might be showing us that part of the CR1 delay is the lower priority assigned to it... and I think that those with a CR2 find a longer time as well...

All in all, maybe another benefit if your K3 gets there first...

Guest pushbrk
Mike, for some reason, I have been thinking you were straight CR-1. :bangin:   I just noticed you have a K3 in the running also.  I have only studied the CR-1 religiously.  The name checks are a big one on the differences in timelines.  K1/K3/Cr-1.  It's all so confusing trying to keep up.

There is a different difference between CR-1, and the K1 visas.  But adding the K3, can really change things from what I've seen.  It's all guess work :pilot:

215885[/snapback]

Although GUZ gave us this response:

If we have already received the namecheck results in a K3 case, we normally apply those results to the CR/IR case.

214629[/snapback]

And this in another thread:

If Petitioner X has a CR/IR case and Petitioner Y has a K3 case eligible for an interview at the same time, we would usually give priority to the K case.

215312[/snapback]

---

The first comment surprised me at first based on the much longer times I see the CR1s taking through GUZ.. but the second comment might be showing us that part of the CR1 delay is the lower priority assigned to it... and I think that those with a CR2 find a longer time as well...

All in all, maybe another benefit if your K3 gets there first...

215888[/snapback]

I'm still confused about the possibility of a second name check.

My K3/4 will definitely get there first. I'm hoping the CR1/2 arrives in time to take the K interview spot. I'm going to face a decision in a month or so as to whether to pay the CR1/2 visa fees. If I don't, then the K3 will stand alone.

I'm still confused about the possibility of a second name check. 

My K3/4 will definitely get there first.  I'm hoping the CR1/2 arrives in time to take the K interview spot.  I'm going to face a decision in a month or so as to whether to pay the CR1/2 visa fees.  If I don't, then the K3 will stand alone.

215890[/snapback]

My understanding is that NVC initiates the checks.. which really are sent to DOS.. and that GUZ also has some specific checks it requests .

Once it leaves DOS [for the various agency checks], it's really out of their hands in terms of controlling it or being able to intervene.. they can only report it's status (and sometimes not even that).

---

You got to figure out how quickly you think you can get through NVC... two months is moving quickly, but doable if you stay on top of it.. some take twice that time.

You can delay the K3 by not returning the P3 right away.. but that's up to you.. frankly, seriously consider the CR1.. I have always thought that it is worth the wait (unless that wait is over 4 months difference)...

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)
Guest pushbrk
I'm still confused about the possibility of a second name check.?

My K3/4 will definitely get there first.?I'm hoping the CR1/2 arrives in time to take the K interview spot.?I'm going to face a decision in a month or so as to whether to pay the CR1/2 visa fees.?If I don't, then the K3 will stand alone.

215890[/snapback]

My understanding is that NVC initiates the checks.. which really are sent to DOS.. and that GUZ also has some specific checks it requests .

Once it leaves DOS [for the various agency checks], it's really out of their hands in terms of controlling it or being able to intervene.. they can only report it's status (and sometimes not even that).

---

You got to figure out how quickly you think you can get through NVC... two months is moving quickly, but doable if you stay on top of it.. some take twice that time.

You can delay the K3 by not returning the P3 right away.. but that's up to you.. frankly, seriously consider the CR1.. I have always thought that it is worth the wait (unless that wait is over 4 months difference)...

215944[/snapback]

Yeah, I really hate the idea of delaying the P3 but I'll just play that by ear. If I have already paid the Visa fees before the P3 arrives, I'll probably hold it until a couple weeks after the CR1 case leaves NVC. I'm using some shortcuts to get through NVC faster but 2 months is the quickest I can expect.

What's concerning me now is that GUZ has only accepted one regular I-730 package so far in May. It does look like three will be delivered today but that puts mine off until probably early June.