Question about work permit and green card

Hello,

My wife went for her biometrics last week.

Is there a general rule as to when the "work permit" will be sent out after the bio is completed?

Also, I have heard others say that they received a green card without an interview. How often does this happen and what is the factor that controls whether a interview is performed or not?

If a interview is needed - how far out is it usually scheduled?

Thanks,
Scott

Hello,

My wife went for her biometrics last week.

Is there a general rule as to when the "work permit" will be sent out after the bio is completed?

Also, I have heard others say that they received a green card without an interview. How often does this happen and what is the factor that controls whether a interview is performed or not?

If a interview is needed - how far out is it usually scheduled?

Thanks,

Scott

215496[/snapback]

It took my wife about 6 weeks to receive EAD card after biometrics.

It doesn't happen too often to receive green card without interview.

Depending of your location, AOS interview can be scheduled 4 months to 2 years.

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14871

Edited by tonado (see edit history)

our EAD took 45 days.. I think about 3-4 weeks after biometrics we got the card... This was in MA.

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for the g/c w/o Interview... even people who got an RFE on the initial filing !

---

As for timing of interview.. the best you can do is find others in your area that already went through it to see their times...

in the absence of that, you can check the CIS Processing Dates:

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/ptimes.jsp?

If you look at Boston, it took me 4 months... I would guess this is faster than national average. If I check their processing date relative to say Buffalo (which I know is faster), I do see this confirmed by comparing their processing dates...

So, I look at Tampa, and they are even faster !! :) But Jacksonville is quite a bit slower :(

What is your local office for the interview ??