i dont wanna say China stinks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My SO does not sweat...she glows.

I also have been asked to bring 10 sticks with every visit to Nanning. To pack, I wrapped them in duct tape. BIG MISTAKE. I had to open up every one of them for Chinese security guards after the x-ray mad it look like a bomb. However, the whole family smells like Old Spice now - LOL.

Phil

Poll:  Does your Chinese SO uses deodorant?

http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=11892

And the infamous x-rated "j" post, where Roger spells out the chinese men's attitude towards deodorant:

Anyway...it was matter of unwillingness just as the original poster stated. i think its definitely related to the Chinese concept of cleanliness.

Maiya's Mama then why all the showers? :D

all what showers??? Most of the Chinese men I know szshower about once a week.

I have to agree with this one about Chinese men. Having been on several tours of varying lengths in China it was odiferously obvious that Chinese men were not "fresh" and had not heard about deodorant either... :P

122894[/snapback]

213558[/snapback]

:blink:

My SO does not sweat...she glows.

I also have been asked to bring 10 sticks with every visit to Nanning.  To pack, I wrapped them in duct tape.  BIG MISTAKE.  I had to open up every one of them for Chinese security guards after the x-ray mad it look like a bomb.  However, the whole family smells like Old Spice now - LOL.

Phil

213597[/snapback]

Funny thing about this bro' is that Lucy has about 4 sticks of that "old spit" although she doesn't use it because I do not like the smell.

Lucy wears a small amount of "Lady Speed Stick" because she likes the smell and she wears my aftershave (Hugo) once in a while because it reminds her of me. She has "White Diamonds" but does not wear it.

She rarely smells of any odor, even her feet smell good to me. Yes... I touch her feet... they're very small and cute and I sometimes.... yeah, well... that's nunya biz :P

I love this post. I don't know why really. I guess I'm weird. I don't mind a little underarm hair (not a full bush) and my SO didn't use any deodorant and she smelled as clean and fresh as the morning dew. Yes, she did shower twice a day. And, Eric, I will not ask what you do with the feet. :D

No, I would never ask that. I might wonder about it, but, I would never ask. :P :blink:

I love this post.  I don't know why really.  I guess I'm weird.  I don't mind a little underarm hair (not a full bush) and my SO didn't use any deodorant and she smelled as clean and fresh as the morning dew.  Yes, she did shower twice a day.  And, Eric, I will not ask what you do with the feet.  :headbang:

No, I would never ask that.  I might wonder about it, but, I would never ask. :P  :blink:

213613[/snapback]

Oh, by the way, that was Post #500. Do I get anything for that? How about some concert tickets? :D

Oh, by the way, that was Post #500.  Do I get anything for that?  How about some concert tickets? :P

213616[/snapback]

How about you get to change your member name to anything you want?

Check "Custom Member title" under "Profile info" in your control panel.

Plus you get to celebrate!

Oh, by the way, that was Post #500.  Do I get anything for that?  How about some concert tickets? :D

213616[/snapback]

213617[/snapback]

Celebration is good. I don't know about changing my name. I don't know what to name myself. But, it's the thought that counts. :wub: I never thought my 500th post would be a comment about stinkin' sweat. :king:

Oh, by the way, that was Post #500.  Do I get anything for that?  How about some concert tickets? :D

213616[/snapback]

213617[/snapback]

Celebration is good. I don't know about changing my name. I don't know what to name myself. But, it's the thought that counts. :wub: I never thought my 500th post would be a comment about stinkin' sweat. :king:

213629[/snapback]

Now you can change the type of member you are above your blue thingys to anything you want.

I love this post.  I don't know why really.  I guess I'm weird.  I don't mind a little underarm hair (not a full bush) and my SO didn't use any deodorant and she smelled as clean and fresh as the morning dew.  Yes, she did shower twice a day.  And, Eric, I will not ask what you do with the feet.  :P

No, I would never ask that.  I might wonder about it, but, I would never ask. :)  :redblob:

213613[/snapback]

Just like a western man of distinctions... Why is one bush any better (or need to be shorter) than another... :cheering: :clapping:

There is a glandular difference such that most Asians do not produce the characteristic underarm smell when they sweat. So for the most part, Asians don't need deodorant. My wife could sweat until the proverbial cows came home and there would never be a scent.

My wife will sometimes sweat (get water) when it is hot, and get 'shiny.'

She uses deoderant she gets in China, and for the most part she has no odor at all.

I use it every day and can't imagine going without, though I keep the hair short (not clean shaven) myself, because I don't like it long, and I think it does keep the stink down.

Hair is supposedly supposed to regulate body temperature. It allows heat to dissapate when it is hot, and holds it in (along with goosebumps) in the winter.

I love this post.  I don't know why really.  I guess I'm weird.  I don't mind a little underarm hair (not a full bush) and my SO didn't use any deodorant and she smelled as clean and fresh as the morning dew.  Yes, she did shower twice a day.  And, Eric, I will not ask what you do with the feet.  :P

No, I would never ask that.  I might wonder about it, but, I would never ask. :D  :roller:

213613[/snapback]

Just like a western man of distinctions... Why is one bush any better (or need to be shorter) than another... :roller: :roller:

213757[/snapback]

You are exactly right, David. There is a lot to be said for bushes. :roller:

You are what you eat.

213533[/snapback]

This is dead on. I could smell garlic on almost everyone in China, and trust me, as a recovering smoker of over thirty years, I can't smell much. It gets in the clothes and lingers even after washing.

I had read years ago that Americans thought Asians (of unspecified origin) smelled less than floral. Well turns out that those Asians thought the same of Americans. Principle suspects... high protien diet and deoderant. On my trips to China I took uncented deoderant so as not to offend. I probablly still smelled of beef and cheese (maybe a little guacamole).

In response to a later post... Deoderant is not so much a Western thing as it is an American thing.

I love this post.  I don't know why really.  I guess I'm weird.  I don't mind a little underarm hair (not a full bush) and my SO didn't use any deodorant and she smelled as clean and fresh as the morning dew.  Yes, she did shower twice a day.  And, Eric, I will not ask what you do with the feet.   :P

No, I would never ask that.  I might wonder about it, but, I would never ask. :roller:  :crazy:

213613[/snapback]

Just like a western man of distinctions... Why is one bush any better (or need to be shorter) than another... :lol: :roller:

213757[/snapback]

You are exactly right, David. There is a lot to be said for bushes. :P

213797[/snapback]

ok ok...

to each his own i know...

to me the man has hair the woman does not....

i dont wanna have to be searching for nothing,

like......hang on honey i know its here somewhere

:lol:

thats what razors are for :roller: