I think we should take up a collection

They are probably taking in enough money that they could afford music if they wanted to, how much could it cost? The government has how many bands, I wonder, all the branches of the service have bands, how about them for sources of free music since the band members are already on the payroll. :D

Heck, just get a speakerphone for calling the info line, even if you use it for nothing else. :P Then you can do something else while you wait. Don't worry that they will cut you off if they do not hear you real well when they first come on. You can shout Hello! and they will hear you and tell you to pick up. They are aware that so many people use speakerphones for that kind of long wait. :blink:

Should take up a collection to keep this site alive and well. Phillip is putting out $40 a month for a server for this site. Get real people. He does not allow advertisements on the site and has been a straight shooter. Take up a collection for the site.

1) I'd also be happy to contribute to paying for this website. Let me know how- maybe someone could pm me PJ's address....

2) Maybe we could compile a list of songs for them to play such as :

1. I've Been Waiting for a Girl Like you....The Police

2. Missing you....Michael Bolton

3. Missing you - Chris DEBergh

4. Time in a Bottle-?? Cat Stevens???

5. China Girl - David Bowie

6. Killin Time - Cat Stevens

7. Heartache Tonight - The Eagles

8. I just called to say I love - Stevie Wonder

9.I Don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith

10. Time Keeps on slipping, into the future...Steve Miller Band

:lol: Dave

All,

I appreciate this generous offer, and I really would need to think about it. To be honest, I am flattered and grateful, but feel sort of awkward about the idea of receiving contributions. I had never really thought about asking.

Running Candle definitely has its costs, but obviously I have received a lot of benefit and support, especially during difficult times.

I'd need to think about if it seems appropriate.

Incidentally, I am posting for the first time in a few days because ...

1. I just got promoted at work. I am now a Team Lead. :P :D :lol:

2. During my evening time, I am working on Candle v1.0.

I am so proud of my v1.0 codebase ... this will be a huge benefit for many people once it is finished. Especially single people such as myself.

Thanks,

P.J.