Interview Question

johnwu1984

Hi guys! My fiancee will have her interview on May 24th in Guangzhou. I was wondering when she should get to Guangzhou? I mean how many days will it take for her to complete all her medical exams? She currently lives in Chengdu and needs to plan ahead. Thanks!

Regards,

John and Sophia

Welcome to Candle. The answer to this and many other questions is available here.

Some people, my wife and I included, preferred to arrive 3 or 4 days early, just in case. The reasoning is- why risk not being ready if something comes up during the medical? Of course, after nothing happens, you might ask why did we wast the time?

We've done some planning on this although we are still waiting :happybday:

You should also get advice from those who have actually been there. It seems there are two hospitals in GZ. One offers expedite service where you can get the medical results late the same day or early the next (have heard both). The other takes two days.

Since the 24th is a Wednesday, in theory if she was at the expedite hospital on Monday morning she should be able to get her medical results by Tuesday if she pays the extra fee. So the latest to come in is Sunday night. If it were me I'd consider arriving on the 18th and getting the medical on Friday the 19th ... just in case.

It also helps if she stays in one of the two "hotels" in the same building as the consulate. The staf in these places are very familiar with the visa and medical process and can give her a hand. There are phone numbers and topics for each pinned in the GZ thread. It would be a good idea for her to call one or both, get their advice, and make a reservation.

Good luck!

Edited by jim_julian (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi guys! My fiancee will have her interview on May 24th in Guangzhou. I was wondering when she should get to Guangzhou? I mean how many days will it take for her to complete all her medical exams? She currently lives in Chengdu and needs to plan ahead. Thanks!

Regards,

John and Sophia

211068[/snapback]

Hi,

The clinic center which is on North ShaMian Rd, can do the expidited service in one day. Price is RMB900 for the adults. Tel: £º020£­81219500¡¢81219513¡¢81854600¡¢81868669

The other bigger hospital on West Yan Jiang Rd, do the expidition too, but you have to pick the results next afternoon. Price is RMB660 for the adults. Tel: 020-83337750 ext: 8222 ( Physical Department).

Both of them are not open on sunday and part time on Saturday.

Try to make a phone call and figue it out.

Good luck!

Regards,

John and Sophia

211068[/snapback]

My wife arrived in Guangzhou Thursday afternoon, November 25th went to hospital Friday, Nov. 26th, picked up paperwork Monday, Nov. 29th, had interview December 1st scheduled time at 6:30a.m. She picked up her visa Friday morning Dec. 3rd. So in all she was there 8 days. Fortunately she had a friend there so she was able to stay with her.

Edited by BillV 8-16-2004 (see edit history)

make a vacation out of it if at all possible, get there a few days in advance...

you'd be surprsied on how many people line up infront of that building before 7am to try for a visa.

we got there at like 7:15 and he line was all the way to the street maybe 3-400 folks in 2 seperate lines

and dont forget the entrance document paper....

like me :lol:

When my SO had her interview this past Feb, it was not done on a first-come first-served basis, so it was not necessary to arrive early for the interview, just be there by the time on the letter. We arrived last in line, yet she was interview within an hour.

Take your time, get good sleep, have breakfast, be relaxed and comfortable, and dont worry about the huge lines, just be there on time. Last on line can be first to interview and vice-versa.

Regarding arrival in GZ, she was from Shanghai and able to do the medical there. I arrived in Shanghai on Sunday, Monday we flew to GZ, arrived at our hotel about 8pm, and woke up 6 am on Tuesday for the interview. For my SO, this was good because everything happened quickly and her mind was not worrying about the interview.

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)