Started the process...

Okay guys, I read the links. I did the research. I compiled the paperwork, and, yesterday, I mailed off the I-130. Thanks to everyone that pointed me in directions I needed to turn my gaze :D

Now we begin to compile our "proof of relationship" data.

Also, wanted to mention that in the recent USA-China talks cultural exchange was brought up and both sides agreed it needed to be encouraged and the process made easier. Bush did focus on student exchange, but I wonder if perhaps this will eventually effect the immigration process as well as both sides try to appear friendly to the other in this new spirit of economic and cultural friendliness.

Welcome to the Jungle Jali!

Be sure to have available lots of photos of you and your SO and SO's family. Dated photos are highly recommended. You're filing I-130 so the certified, translated copies of the Marriage certificate (the little red book) will be proof of the marriage.

Good Luck!

Welcome to our nightmare :P You will learn that time flies, and stands still at the same time :D :o Seriously, don't let this process you begin, bring you down. Here recently, I feel like it is the biggest shell game ever. Is it here, is it there, no, maybe over there... Just know this will someday be one of your best tests, and accomplishments B)

Okay guys, I read the links.  I did the research.  I compiled the paperwork, and, yesterday, I mailed off the I-130.  Thanks to everyone that pointed me in directions I needed to turn my gaze  :angel:

Now we begin to compile our "proof of relationship" data. 

Also, wanted to mention that in the recent USA-China talks cultural exchange was brought up and both sides agreed it needed to be encouraged and the process made easier.  Bush did focus on student exchange, but I wonder if perhaps this will eventually effect the immigration process as well as both sides try to appear friendly to the other in this new spirit of economic and cultural friendliness.

210583[/snapback]

Be prepared for one of the most frustrating periods of your life. But keep your eyes on the road ahead, watch out for the pitfalls, and above all, keep the word "evidence" planted firmly in your brain. :surprise: