GUZ Moving

Guest ShaQuaNew

Guest ShaQuaNew

This morning I called DOS to find out whether or not my case had moved from "Loaded," to "Open." During the last few weeks I've been calling DOS regularly. Some of those that answer the telephone are helpful, others might have difficulty keeping drool from their paperwork. I heard from more than one competent DOS agent that stated GUZ opens and processes paperwork received from the NVC on Saturdays. I felt they might just be saying that to keep the call volume down, so I called everyday anyway.

Their statement however is likely true. It seems that GUZ opens many packages, in no particular order, on Saturdays, and keys into the computer system that hard-copy was received. The case then shows up at DOS as being LOADED. It's also likely that the P3 is mailed that same day.

Anyway, finally, a piece of good news for my SO. It's been getting very tough lately, hell, it's been tough for 11 months now, so this movement helps.

That is great news!

And your right, depending on who answers the phone whether or not you get someone that actually gives a crap.

I called DOS this morning and spoke to a Mr. I asked him what the hold up on our name check could be. His response was, "maybe she's a criminal". Needless to say, I had to hold back what I really wanted to say to him. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

That is great news!

And your right, depending on who answers the phone whether or not you get someone that actually gives a crap.

I called DOS this morning and spoke to a Mr.  I asked him what the hold up on our name check could be.  His response was, "maybe she's a criminal".  Needless to say, I had to hold back what I really wanted to say to him.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

209649[/snapback]

An unbelievably thoughtless (and ugly) response there!??Keep on steppin', Jesse!

That is great news!

I called DOS this morning and spoke to a Mr.  I asked him what the hold up on our name check could be.  His response was, "maybe she's a criminal".  Needless to say, I had to hold back what I really wanted to say to him.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

209649[/snapback]

He said what?!!!!!! Dude, I'd be pissed. This is the point I'd be making some phone calls about that response. Even if that were the problem,,I'm sure that person broke protocol. I'm flabbergasted, I just don't know what to think of that response :D :rolleyes:

That is great news!

I called DOS this morning and spoke to a Mr.?I asked him what the hold up on our name check could be.?His response was, "maybe she's a criminal".?Needless to say, I had to hold back what I really wanted to say to him.?Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

209649[/snapback]

He said what?!!!!!! Dude, I'd be pissed. This is the point I'd be making some phone calls about that response. Even if that were the problem,,I'm sure that person broke protocol. I'm flabbergasted, I just don't know what to think of that response :D :D

209702[/snapback]

Pissed is an understatment! I was trying all day to get someone from our Senators office to return my calls in my request for an update as to whether or not they have had any luck with checking on our name check delay. Then I was going to mention the response I got from DOS. But like usual, I'm not important enough to be called back. :rolleyes:

Edited by IluvmyLi (see edit history)
This morning I called DOS to find out whether or not my case had moved from "Loaded," to "Open." During the last few weeks I've been calling DOS regularly. Some of those that answer the telephone are helpful, others might have difficulty keeping drool from their paperwork. I heard from more than one competent DOS agent that stated GUZ opens and processes paperwork received from the NVC on Saturdays. I felt they might just be saying that to keep the call volume down, so I called everyday anyway.

Their statement however is likely true. It seems that GUZ opens many packages, in no particular order, on Saturdays, and keys into the computer system that hard-copy was received. The case then shows up at DOS as being LOADED. It's also likely that the P3 is mailed that same day.

Anyway, finally, a piece of good news for my SO. It's been getting very tough lately, hell, it's been tough for 11 months now, so this movement helps.

209632[/snapback]

Jesse, that's the first time I've heard those two terms,,,loaded, open. Thanx for the heads up :rolleyes:

That is great news!

209649[/snapback]

I currently work in a government office. We now have mandatory classes in "Customer Relations." If that jerk said something like that, he would be fired in a heartbeat. Answering someone like that is not tolerated.

BTW - Congratulations Jesse. :D

209632[/snapback]

I have not been checking on the lenght between the 129s and the interveiw ,but this seems to be getting a longer time frame .

that's got to be MADDENING :D

Guest ShaQuaNew

209632[/snapback]

Jesse, that's the first time I've heard those two terms,,,loaded, open. Thanx for the heads up :P

209710[/snapback]

You'll hear DOS use them occasionally, but it was Chef that actually took the time to ask them about the meaning of the terms. Those that answer the telephone "should" know these.

LOADED = NVC has sent an electronic copy of the petition to GUZ, but hardcopy petition information has NOT been entered by GUZ.

OPEN = This does not occur until AFTER GUZ signs by STAMP for the DHL package sent by the NVC. Within days to a few weeks after that, GUZ will enter information into the computer and the case is then considered to be "Open." The P3 is then mailed.

IN QUE = Namecheck, if any, and other paperwork is clear. Indicates that an interview date has been set. This is the final stage at GUZ before the interview.

Funny...I find when I call and use this terminology, ie; "My case number is GUZ xxxxxxxxxx. Can you please tell me if this case is in an open status..." I can get them to talk more and that means more info they give. I guess there is something to the saying, "Speak their lingo" :)

Also, I found out 80% of all phone calls received by DOS visa related issues goes to our beloved consulate in Guz. Mexico and the Phillipines are number two and three respectively.

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

209632[/snapback]

Well, Jesse, we were neck-and-neck there for a while,but you've passed me by. I called DOS this morning (could barely understand the woman...thick accent). I'd love to say that we are "Opened", but we are not.

And so the waiting continues......Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. That's what we ALWAYS do. :unsure:

Guest ShaQuaNew

Well, Jesse, we were neck-and-neck there for a while,but you've passed me by. I called DOS this morning (could barely understand the woman...thick accent). I'd love to say that we are "Opened", but we are not.

And so the waiting continues......Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. That's what we ALWAYS do.  :unsure:

209862[/snapback]

It really makes little sense that they completely toss the proven science of "First In, First Out," or FIFO. GUZ uses DHL as their holding facility for weeks at a time for all the packages sent to them by the NVC. Then, once per week they have a group of boxes dropped off at their facility.

Do they look at the dates on these boxes? Hell no. It appears that someone works on Saturdays and opens whatever box happens to suit them at the time. Frustrating? You bet! Stupid? More stupid than Wily Coyote strapping an Acme rocket pack to his back thinking he'll catch the roadrunner.

Can we do anything? I've pissed and moaned about it until my laundry basket overflowed. Trouble is, ain't no-one listening.

Here's to hoping for those of you still waiting that perhaps this Saturday someone will get to it.....We can only hope...