Timing of Relationship

Gang,

I have been reading some post bout overcome and possible deneils and timing of relationships as it relates to divorce and filing petition for K1. I met my SO before her divorce was final and I filed my K1 a month after her divorce was final. Now, she had been living apart from her ex husband for more then 3 years. Do you think this will cause some eyes to be rasied as far as Guz thinking this a a sham filing? I am ready to explain to Guz how we met and when whe met. I'm just thinking now. What do you think, and is there anything I need to address if I am to write a letter and give it to my SO during her interview? I acturally met my SO on line a year before we actually got serious and we kept in touch but only an e-mail a month. A year later we decided to go forward with our relationship and three months later she finalized her divorce. A month later I filed the K1. Any ideas.

Carl & Haixia

Guest pushbrk
Gang,

I have been reading some post bout overcome and possible deneils and timing of relationships as it relates to divorce and filing petition for K1. I met my SO before her divorce was final and I filed my K1 a month after her divorce was final. Now, she had been living apart from her ex husband for more then 3 years. Do you think this will cause some eyes to be rasied as far as Guz thinking this a a sham filing? I am ready to explain to Guz how we met and when whe met. I'm just thinking now. What do you think, and is there anything I need to address if I am to write a letter and give it to my SO during her interview? I acturally met my SO on line a year before we actually got serious and we kept in touch but only an e-mail a month. A year later we decided to go forward with our relationship and three months later she finalized her divorce. A month later I filed the K1. Any ideas.

Carl & Haixia

208805[/snapback]

Yes, if I were you I would find some documentation of the separation and write a carefully thought out letter of explanation to help convince a VO that the relationship is bonafide. I would also be prepared to prove the current residence of her former husband at the time of the interview.

Hope and prepare for the best but also be prepared for the overcome. Have everything ready that Rick was asked for so you don't have to scramble for it.

Gang,

Carl & Haixia

208805[/snapback]

I don't think you are any different than most of us. If someone looked at my history, they might think that I jumped right from one marriage to another with no :whistling: break in between. That is not the truth. I was actually separated and living in a different city than my ex wife for six years. I did not seek the divorce because, at that time, there was no reason to do so. So, on paper, it might look like I prematurely entered into this relationship with my SO. In reality, I have been alone and lived alone for about seven years. Then I made a decision to find the lady of my dreams. I think the VO's must look at this very carefully before making a judement.

Gang,

Carl & Haixia

208805[/snapback]

I don't think you are any different than most of us. If someone looked at my history, they might think that I jumped right from one marriage to another with no :whistling: break in between. That is not the truth. I was actually separated and living in a different city than my ex wife for six years. I did not seek the divorce because, at that time, there was no reason to do so. So, on paper, it might look like I prematurely entered into this relationship with my SO. In reality, I have been alone and lived alone for about seven years. Then I made a decision to find the lady of my dreams. I think the VO's must look at this very carefully before making a judement.

208816[/snapback]

Well I will write out a letter explaining in detail about how we met for my SO to take to the interview, also I think her daughter is required to be there for K2. So do you think the VO will ask her as well? If so then I do not think I have much to worry about. But I will have my SO get her ex's last known address. My SO had an idea that she feels her mom and dad should right a letter to the VO to support the position that she has been living alone for 3 years prior to us getting engaged. What do you think??

Carl & Haixia

It is difficult to predict what will happen with any case. Just tell the truth and hide nothing and be prepared. I met Ying more than a year before my divorce was final. We had several visits before my divorce was final. The I-129F was filed the same month my divorce was final - none of this was a issue for us. Our relationship carried us through this !!

It is difficult to predict what will happen with any case. Just tell the truth and hide nothing and be prepared.  I met Ying more than a year before my divorce was final.  We had several visits before my divorce was final. The I-129F was filed the same month my divorce was final - none of this was a issue for us.  Our relationship carried us through this !!

208820[/snapback]

I am glad to hear this, Well I will be prepared if they need any information or explanation. I think the closer I get to our date, the more things run through my head. This has happen so fast and I was not even thinking I would get a date prior to June......

Carl & Haixia

It is difficult to predict what will happen with any case. Just tell the truth and hide nothing and be prepared.0„2 I met Ying more than a year before my divorce was final.0„2 We had several visits before my divorce was final. The I-129F was filed the same month my divorce was final - none of this was a issue for us.0„2 Our relationship carried us through this !!

208820[/snapback]

I am glad to hear this, Well I will be prepared if they need any information or explanation. I think the closer I get to our date, the more things run through my head. This has happen so fast and I was not even thinking I would get a date prior to June......

Carl & Haixia

208826[/snapback]

Good luck Carl, I think I know what you are thinking - I wondered a bit if there would be doubt about our relationship. I just said to heck with it, here it is, this is who we are.

It is difficult to predict what will happen with any case. Just tell the truth and hide nothing and be prepared.  I met Ying more than a year before my divorce was final.  We had several visits before my divorce was final. The I-129F was filed the same month my divorce was final - none of this was a issue for us.  Our relationship carried us through this !!

208820[/snapback]

Carl & Haixia

208826[/snapback]

I met my wife on line while seperated from my now X wife. It was only a month after my final divorce that I went to China and married her. This is why I printed all of our e mailes prior to the divorce, on line conversations, kept my canceled checks for the air ticket, printed telephone records, pictures, reciepts etc. If and when the questions come up, I will be ready. I think everyone should do this .

208820[/snapback]

Carl & Haixia

208826[/snapback]

I met my wife on line while seperated from my now X wife. It was only a month after my final divorce that I went to China and married her. This is why I printed all of our e mailes prior to the divorce, on line conversations, kept my canceled checks for the air ticket, printed telephone records, pictures, reciepts etc. If and when the questions come up, I will be ready. I think everyone should do this .

208844[/snapback]

You are correct, I have bank statements, reciepts, airline ticksts, phone statements, e-mails, yahoo chats, e-mails from my parents to her to my SO and pictures. So I am ready for what ever they need. They should make it easy on themselve..haha..

Carl :lol:

Guest pushbrk

208820[/snapback]

Carl & Haixia

208826[/snapback]

208844[/snapback]

I think the concern is greater when the beneficiary appears to have only recently divorced. They aren't as concerned with how you feel about your SO as they are about whether she got a divorce in order to appear to be single when she is still involved with her X in a plan for visa fraud. Because this happens frequently, they often take a closer look at such cases, particularly when the relationship proof and visits are shakey. They look for earmarks (plural) of a profile.

Such fraud cases are less likely when there have been multiple visits and pictures with significant family involvement in various activities in multiple locations.

208820[/snapback]

Carl & Haixia

208826[/snapback]

208844[/snapback]

I think the concern is greater when the beneficiary appears to have only recently divorced. They aren't as concerned with how you feel about your SO as they are about whether she got a divorce in order to appear to be single when she is still involved with her X in a plan for visa fraud. Because this happens frequently, they often take a closer look at such cases, particularly when the relationship proof and visits are shakey. They look for earmarks (plural) of a profile.

Such fraud cases are less likely when there have been multiple visits and pictures with significant family involvement in various activities in multiple locations.

208848[/snapback]

You are correct, I am just now thinking of this and really there is nothing I can do about but hand them all the evidence I have. I have pics with multiple family memembers, I have been to china 2 times in 4 months, and had plan on going back in May for a spring vacation, but what do you know, 4 months and 7 days after filing we get a interview date. My Mother told me had this happen later this summer, she would have gone with me to china to the interview. So she is sad that she will not be going there until next year when I go home with my Wife...

Carl

I think the only issue that would even ask for is the whereabouts of her 'ex'..  the only fraud they will worry about is if he is in the US to meet up with her again.  So you should be able to establish that he's in china, if they want this [for overcome]...

208909[/snapback]

Ok, Yes he is in china from what my SO tells me. We have his address and phone number. I hope this will not be an issue. But we will be prepared in any case. Thanks

Carl

Carl,

We're in the same boat. Our divorces weren't final until shortly before we married. Anticipating the need to deal with that Red Flag we've done the following:

1) copy of my rent lease 1 year before we meant.

2) copy of divorce proceedings 7 months before we meant

3) divorce decree dated 1 month before we meant

4) my new bank account setup

She's prepared similar documents. Hopefully, this will be enough.

Good Luck to you!

Guest pushbrk
Carl,

We're in the same boat.  Our divorces weren't final until shortly before we married.  Anticipating the need to deal with that Red Flag we've done the following:

1) copy of my rent lease 1 year before we meant.

2) copy of divorce proceedings 7 months before we meant

3) divorce decree dated 1 month before we meant

4) my new bank account setup

She's prepared similar documents.  Hopefully, this will be enough.

Good Luck to you!

209045[/snapback]

I don't think the VO is the least bit concerned about the morality or technicality of whether you can prove you were divorced before you met. The major concern is whether your wife divorced in order to facilitate a visa to enter the US.

Proving the actual current residence of HER former spouse is the best insurance. I'm not devious enough to know just how both the Chinese man and woman are supposed to accomplish their reunion in the States but evidently this is a common enough occurance for the combination of a common name (for the Chinese former spouse) and a recent divorce to prompt a blue slip. In these instances, proving the current residence of the former Chinese spouse is the critical overcome item.

If you are concerned about this red flag in you case, it is advisable to document the location of the former spouse, if possible.