Easter Dinner, What Did You Guys Cook

We roasted the Easter Bunny over an open fire.

208077[/snapback]

My wife prepared ox tail soup with cabbage, potato's, tomato's, carrots plus some un-know ingredients? :rolleyes:

208088[/snapback]

Ox-tails is my favorite dish in the world... I never had it with cabbage.. but with a brown gravy and rice, there is nothing better if done right. too me 10 years to perfect my recipe... I only know 2 resturants in Atlanta that make it as good as me.

208077[/snapback]

Sounds tasty dude

208757[/snapback]

I feel very fortunate my wife is a wonderful cook having had three resturants in China, she is always cooking up something new for me to try. My wife makes a delicious ox-tail soup, I'll pay more attention to her preparing it next time, I'll email you the recipe, it is also suppose to have other properties or benefits such as strengthening the kidneys and nourishing the loin according to her. :P

208077[/snapback]

My wife prepared ox tail soup with cabbage, potato's, tomato's, carrots plus some un-know ingredients? :unsure:

208088[/snapback]

Ox-tails is my favorite dish in the world... I never had it with cabbage.. but with a brown gravy and rice, there is nothing better if done right. too me 10 years to perfect my recipe... I only know 2 resturants in Atlanta that make it as good as me.

208756[/snapback]

Nygatl15, my wife and I went shopping today at a Chinese market called Vinh Phats today and bougth some fresh ox tail for soup. My wife cooked the soup on low heat for around two hours which she mentioned is so important, the ingrediants were ox tails cut about 1" - 11/2", carrots, potato's and cabbage, the ox tails were very tender, and the soup is delicious. I hope you try it sometime and enjoy it as much as I do.

We had ham shank, oven roasted, and it was the least expensive but best textured and best tasting ham any of us have ever had. Also had jello salad (a mid-western recipe with lime jello, cottage cheese, pineapple and marsmallows. The REAL recipe calls for whipped cream, but Mom won't make it that way anymore!), mashed potatoes (was Dan Quayle right??), green salad, corn and dinner rolls. Very good, very fattening...

Geeeez!!! you guys were eating waaay to good. Being culinary trained, I decided to make some kraft macaroni and cheese with sliced hot dogs folded in. To make it even more festive, I finely chopped parsley and bam it on top of the dish. Emeril would of been impressed!!... :) :lol:

note: I can be available next Easter if anybody would like me to cater this dish....haha

Edited by chef4u (see edit history)

208077[/snapback]

My wife prepared ox tail soup with cabbage, potato's, tomato's, carrots plus some un-know ingredients? :surprise:

208088[/snapback]

208756[/snapback]

Nygatl15, my wife and I went shopping today at a Chinese market called Vinh Phats today and bougth some fresh ox tail for soup. My wife cooked the soup on low heat for around two hours which she mentioned is so important, the ingrediants were ox tails cut about 1" - 11/2", carrots, potato's and cabbage, the ox tails were very tender, and the soup is delicious. I hope you try it sometime and enjoy it as much as I do.

209309[/snapback]

We'll have to do this sometime, Thanks