Feng Shui

so Feng Shui is kinda like a farmers almanac for people instead of crops?

is it more then a horoscope?

http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/coollinks.htm

206743[/snapback]

In late Oct. of '04 Kellee and I were looking for a new apartment because the lease on the one we moved into when we came back from China was about to expire. After looking at about a dozen or more places, we finally found one that was just about perfect, or at least that's what we thought. The agent was showing us through the empty apartment, and the more we looked it over, the better we liked it......until we stepped out on the patio. Kellee's face turned white as a sheet with a mixture of alarm and dissapointment. There, directly across the street from the back side of the apartment complex was a cemetery. After we got back in the car, and I asked her why she changed her mind so abruptly, he only words were "Feng shui bu hao".

I guess she was right because 120 days to the day after that incident we closed on our new house. I think that there might be something to this Feng Shui stuff after all :o

Lol,

I just came here to open this EXACT topic.  Let me say that if any of you that don't have your SO here yet have a bed that faces a door or a mirror you should rethink that strategy since you have an 'unlucky bed'.  AND an unlucky bed will have an unhappy wife in it....

MY room addition design just acquired a wall between the bed and the entry door.  The wall will be far enough from the bed so an entertainment center will fit easily there and a large bookshelf will go on the other side.  The wall will NOT go to ceiling height, because we have a ceiling fan there in the current design.  If there is not enough room from the top of the entertainment center, then we will lose the ceiling fan I guess.  More planning coming...

-James

206812[/snapback]

And make sure noone but you has slept on the mattress either!!!

If an ex- or a girlfriend has been on your mattress, it is also very unlucky.

:smoker: :o

Lol,

I just came here to open this EXACT topic.  Let me say that if any of you that don't have your SO here yet have a bed that faces a door or a mirror you should rethink that strategy since you have an 'unlucky bed'.  AND an unlucky bed will have an unhappy wife in it....

MY room addition design just acquired a wall between the bed and the entry door.  The wall will be far enough from the bed so an entertainment center will fit easily there and a large bookshelf will go on the other side.  The wall will NOT go to ceiling height, because we have a ceiling fan there in the current design.  If there is not enough room from the top of the entertainment center, then we will lose the ceiling fan I guess.  More planning coming...

-James

206812[/snapback]

And make sure noone but you has slept on the mattress either!!!

If an ex- or a girlfriend has been on your mattress, it is also very unlucky.

:smoker: :o

209021[/snapback]

Yes, everything from the bed EXCEPT the solid oak headboard (not attached anyways) will go. I plan to have a new mattress,box springs and frame delivered just before her arrival. I will replace the frame later with a custom job that I will build holding underbed storage boxes.

-James

• 2 weeks later...

My ex was into feng shui, at least as an 'american wannabe.' She got a couple of books, and proceeded to rearrange the house, including hanging chunks of yarn and funky stuff on certain walls to make it more feng shui.

If my wife chooses to rearrange the house, for whatever reason, I will help her out in doing so. Same for replacing perfectly good beds :) . Because whatever the reason, it will make her feel more comfortable, and if she is more comfortable, then she is happier. Her happiness is a priority in my life.

In a way, I look forward to it. Not to all the armwrestling furniture around, but of her being here doing it. Nesting, or whatever. Making my house, 'our house.' That is a time that can't come soon enough.

SheLikesME - our P3's are in within a week or so of each other. Let's hope those P4's come quickly and we can get our lao pos home soon.

So tell me more about the mirror facing the bed thing.  I was married (miserably) for 27 years w/o that configuration.  Now in this apartment no other configuration will work w/o blocking windows.

An inquiring mind wants to know.

211724[/snapback]

Set the place on fire.

Well OK forget that. Maybe I need to look into this. My wife doesn't seem to go along with all of that. She seems to have worked at dismissing all traditions she can from her life over the years in order to break away.

Edited by SheLikesME (see edit history)
My ex was into feng shui, at least as an 'american wannabe.'  She got a couple of books, and proceeded to rearrange the house, including hanging chunks of yarn and funky stuff on certain walls to make it more feng shui.

If my wife chooses to rearrange the house, for whatever reason, I will help her out in doing so.  Same for replacing perfectly good beds :rolleyes: .  Because whatever the reason, it will make her feel more comfortable, and if she is more comfortable, then she is happier.  Her happiness is a priority in my life.

In a way, I look forward to it.  Not to all the armwrestling furniture around, but of her being here doing it.  Nesting, or whatever.  Making my house, 'our house.'  That is a time that can't come soon enough.

SheLikesME - our P3's are in within a week or so of each other.  Let's hope those P4's come quickly and we can get our lao pos home soon.

211533[/snapback]

Yes, I hope they get P4's soon. Mine can come for a visit in July if she gets K3 by then, but looks like we will have her return to finish school and I guess get the CR-1. Patience. If buying her a new bed, which I have to do anyway, would have her give up school, ahhh, oh well.

So tell me more about the mirror facing the bed thing.  I was married (miserably) for 27 years w/o that configuration.  Now in this apartment no other configuration will work w/o blocking windows.

211724[/snapback]

Set the place on fire.

Well OK forget that. Maybe I need to look into this. My wife doesn't seem to go along with all of that. She seems to have worked at dismissing all traditions she can from her life over the years in order to break away.

211729[/snapback]

So has mine... but you never know. :rolleyes:

211724[/snapback]

The only thing I know about this is that catching your reflection during the night might scare you... in the most severe cases, the mirror will even take your soul :) So, we've got no mirrors in the bedroom.