Filing:

USCIS...........$170............$170...........$190

NVC...................................................$70

Visa (IV)...........................................$380

GUZ:

P3 Docs.........$200...........$200...........$200

Medical..........$100...........$100...........$100

Vaccinations.......................................$30

Visa (NIV)......$100...........$100..................

Pickup.............$20.............$20............$20

AOS:

Civil Surgeon..$100............$100.................

Vaccinations..$100............$100.................

AOS.............$325............$325.................

Biometrics.......$70..............$70.................

TOTAL........$1185...........$1185...........$990

----

Check most recent fee schedule in future...

205784[/snapback]

David you are the man!! ..... Since she has a child, these fees would be doubled?

205785[/snapback]

Hello David

I have a question. The visa fee for K1 is $100 or $200. My SO sent her P3 back and it said nothing about a fee or ask her to send money. I know this may be a question that was answered but does she need to pay this at the bank and submit the reciept to GUZ? Since her daughter is coming too, this means double Right?? I am not clear on this. Will there be more instructions in the P4?

Carl

Here's an approximate fees throughout the process:

---------------K1----------K3----------CR1

Filing:

GUZ:

AOS:

----

205784[/snapback]

Having seen David's post above about the costs involved. I have a question... can I do this on the cheap? I know everyone say to file both the K3-k2/CR1, but for 2 people it would become very costly for me after doing this a 2nd time.

When I say on the cheap, If I just do the K3-K2, wouldn't that be good to get her here in a pretty reasonable time,... maybe a year?!? I would guessitmate with would cost about $2000, give or take a few hundred for either visa process. This is considering 2 people getting visa. But both would make this too costly for me. Also, would I need to visit 2 times if we marry there? I was told one time is enough before, otheres say otherwise.

If I get the CR1, it could take almost 2 years but be cheaper and over with when they are here.... but It would be quicker if I use the K3-K2 method and it would still need to file papers when they get here.... Can some try and make a little more sense of this for me? I'm pretty confused :sosad:

I just blew away three posts that contained very bad information.

K-1/K-2 is a single entry visa valid for 90 days.

K-3/K-4 is a multiple entry visa valid for two years. During that two year period, the holder can come and go as they please.

A CR-1 gets a 2 year green card on entry to the US.

An I-130 MUST be filed for a CR-1. And another for a CR-2 (child).

You MUST have the NOA1 from the I-130 BEFORE you can file an I-129F for a K-3/K-4.

205884[/snapback]

Don, My question would be, can you file for a I-130 without filing for the CR1 in order to file the K3/K4? My thought is that the expense of filing for the K3/K4 in addition to the CR1 might be too much for me to afford. Which can I avoid if at all possible? My thought is that filing CR1/K3/K4 would end up costing me about $4000 and I haven't even bought them airline tickets yet.

Also , does anything change in my responsibility if some was not to work out between us as opposed to the K1 marriage?

Guest pushbrk
Here's an approximate fees throughout the process:

---------------K1----------K3----------CR1

Filing:

GUZ:

AOS:

----

205784[/snapback]

Having seen David's post above about the costs involved. I have a question... can I do this on the cheap? I know everyone say to file both the K3-k2/CR1, but for 2 people it would become very costly for me after doing this a 2nd time.

When I say on the cheap, If I just do the K3-K2, wouldn't that be good to get her here in a pretty reasonable time,... maybe a year?!? I would guessitmate with would cost about $2000, give or take a few hundred for either visa process. This is considering 2 people getting visa. But both would make this too costly for me. Also, would I need to visit 2 times if we marry there? I was told one time is enough before, otheres say otherwise.

If I get the CR1, it could take almost 2 years but be cheaper and over with when they are here.... but It would be quicker if I use the K3-K2 method and it would still need to file papers when they get here.... Can some try and make a little more sense of this for me? I'm pretty confused :rolleyes:

205827[/snapback]

All the correct information has been given but to directly answer part of your question, there is no "on the cheap". If you marry and think in terms of K3/K4 you must first file the I-130 X 2, wait for the receipt and then file the I-129F for the K3/K4.

If married, the "cheap" way is to skip the K visa filing altogether.

If not married then, of course the K1/K2 is your route.

A lot of this is layed out well in the FAQ. :lol:

Technically, one visit is enough for any of the visa types in question. However, you must still meet the burden of proof for a bona-fide relationship, in the eyes of the VO. If you make only one visit in a year-long process, you are likely to have your communication, pictures and other factors more closely scrutinized. It's a gamble no matter what you do.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)

K-3/K-4 is a multiple entry visa valid for two years. During that two year period, the holder can come and go as they please.

You MUST have the NOA1 from the I-130 BEFORE you can file an I-129F for a K-3/K-4.

205884[/snapback]

Don, My question would be, can you file for a I-130 without filing for the CR1 in order to file the K3/K4? My thought is that the expense of filing for the K3/K4 in addition to the CR1 might be too much for me to afford. Which can I avoid if at all possible? My thought is that filing CR1/K3/K4 would end up costing me about $4000 and I haven't even bought them airline tickets yet.

Also , does anything change in my responsibility if some was not to work out between us as opposed to the K1 marriage?

205888[/snapback]

The short answer is yes. You can file the I-130 and pay the $190 filing fee and not pursue the CR/IR-1 immigrant visa. Once the NOA1 is received on the I-130, then you can but don't have to file for the K-3. That's another $170 filing fee. You will be able to control the flow on the I-130 and may choose to let it languish if you want to go with just the K-3, but remember this. While you will be paying more up front if you pursue the I-130-->CR/IR-1, you won't have to pay the current $325 to adjust her status after her arrival in the US which is something you'll have to do if she comes on a K-3.

205884[/snapback]

205888[/snapback]

The short answer is yes. You can file the I-130 and pay the $190 filing fee and not pursue the CR/IR-1 immigrant visa. Once the NOA1 is received on the I-130, then you can but don't have to file for the K-3. That's another $170 filing fee. You will be able to control the flow on the I-130 and may choose to let it languish if you want to go with just the K-3, but remember this. While you will be paying more up front if you pursue the I-130-->CR/IR-1, you won't have to pay the current $325 to adjust her status after her arrival in the US which is something you'll have to do if she comes on a K-3.

205894[/snapback]

Ok, then from the figures David posted earlier, It would cost aprox. $2000 to go the I-130 CR1/IR route and would cost aprox $2000 for my future wife and her son.

If I decided I wanted to file the K3/K4, it might speed the process up, at a cost of an additional $2000, correct?

I appreciate the input, I have time to decide, but I want to consider all of the pros and cons and have ample time to think it over and plan.

There is still the much needed meeting between us, which is quite a ways off and a divorce to happen before that meeting to take place, which I'm sure everyone is aware of.

I had my certificate to marry in 10 min, it cotst me 30.00$ Just took my certified divorce decree into the US Embassy in Chengdu and they gave me the cirtificate. They do test you though, They take your documents then they ask you for your your SO birthdate and name. I answered it correctly ofcource but the guy that was before me couldn't remember his wifes information and he was turned away with no certificate ;)

Since she has a child, these fees would be doubled?

205785[/snapback]

If you apply cr1+cr2, it doubled, except for medicial fee. Kid 's medicial fee should be less than adult.

The medicial price depands, from 600-1200yuan in diffrent place.

Even in same city diffrent price.There are 2 hospitals here in beijing, for adult one 110 $ (892yuan) ,the other 130$.

Guangzhou too, 2 price in 2 hospitals.

Guest pushbrk
I had my certificate to marry in 10 min, it cotst me 30.00$ Just took my certified divorce decree into the US Embassy in Chengdu and they gave me the cirtificate. They do test you though, They take your documents then they ask you for your your SO birthdate and name. I answered it correctly ofcource but the guy that was before me couldn't remember his wifes information and he was turned away with no certificate?;)

205930[/snapback]

While you may well have spent 10 minutes at the consulate, unless you plan to be in GUZ for at least half a day, you aren't going to accomplish this at all. Further, in order to have been asked about your SO's personal information you would have had to take her ID in too. They do require that.

You'll need 30 bucks, your divorce decree(s) if applicable and at least a copy of your SO's Chinese ID card, not just your divorce decree.

If I sound a little crabby today, its because, 1. I'm leaving Nanning for the USA today and 2. Well meaning but incomplete details like you posted nearly ruined my wedding plans last December.

Edited by pushbrk (see edit history)
About 30 minutes if your past isn't cluttered with past marriages.

205659[/snapback]

Now, you've got me all concerned about this? If it's not one thing, it's another.

About 30 minutes if your past isn't cluttered with past marriages.

205659[/snapback]

Now, you've got me all concerned about this? If it's not one thing, it's another.

205941[/snapback]

It is my plan to send for the miarrage certifcate before I leave the US. If all else fails, then I may try the Ghuangzhou thing.

I had my certificate to marry in 10 min, it cotst me 30.00$ Just took my certified divorce decree into the US Embassy in Chengdu and they gave me the cirtificate. They do test you though, They take your documents then they ask you for your your SO birthdate and name. I answered it correctly ofcource but the guy that was before me couldn't remember his wifes information and he was turned away with no certificate?:(

205930[/snapback]

While you may well have spent 10 minutes at the consulate, unless you plan to be in GUZ for at least half a day, you aren't going to accomplish this at all. Further, in order to have been asked about your SO's personal information you would have had to take her ID in too. They do require that.

You'll need 30 bucks, your divorce decree(s) if applicable and at least a copy of your SO's Chinese ID card, not just your divorce decree.

If I sound a little crabby today, its because, 1. I'm leaving Nanning for the USA today and 2. Well meaning but incomplete details like you posted nearly ruined my wedding plans last December.

205938[/snapback]

Scary, I was just beginning to read those details. what should I be looking for.? :(

Guest pushbrk
I had my certificate to marry in 10 min, it cotst me 30.00$ Just took my certified divorce decree into the US Embassy in Chengdu and they gave me the cirtificate. They do test you though, They take your documents then they ask you for your your SO birthdate and name. I answered it correctly ofcource but the guy that was before me couldn't remember his wifes information and he was turned away with no certificate?;)

205930[/snapback]

205938[/snapback]

Scary, I was just beginning to read those details. what should I be looking for.? :romeojuliet:

206020[/snapback]

You have a list of details now for how to get a single certificate two ways. Don't skip anything. :king: