Interview in 3 more days - Taking Off In 12 hrs.

I'll be leaving for my flight in about another 12 hours. Going to ShenZhen. So much to do, so little time. But I am super happy right now.

Going to get to see my baby with just 1 more days wait. Then we're off to GUZ for the interview on the April 12th. Then it is party time after that!

Just hope the interview is going to be an easy one. I got everything together. I got a huge album of pictures over the last 3 years, but as for communication, I really don't have much besides a large stack of phone cards, and my cell phone statement which shows lots of calls to those phone card numbers. We talk like almost everyday on the phone, and it became a habit, so we never felt any other type of communication such as letters or email was necessary. Let us hope GUZ feels the same way about that. Other than that, I think I have everything else covered. Will let you know what happens.

205553[/snapback]

Good Luck. I wish you the best. Her communication with the VO will be the biggest factor in her approval.

Larry T

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, I'm finally able to get the computer connected and working with the internet. Internet access is so slow at my girl's house. But for some reason, this site seems relatively fast from china.

Sorry, about not being able to run an update quickly. The schedule ever since I got to China was intense. We had to do everything on the checklist, which happen to take longer than I had originally expected. I'm finally finished with everything on my list. So finally, this is my first chance at going on the internet.

I got to ShenZhen on April 11th by 10:00AM. I put away my luggage. My girl and I just took 1 backback each with us to Guangzhou. All we brought with us were:

1. Laptop, which I never got the chance to use for lack of time.

2. I-134

3. Deed to house and mortgage note, which was not even looked at by the VO.

4. Simple bank statement which the VO quickly glaced at.

5. 3 years of Tax Return, which the VO did look at.

6. A big album filled with pictures with their sides labeled.

The VO did not spend much time looking at them either.

Just flip, flip, flip, done!

7. Personal letter by me for the VO to read. The VO did read it.

8. A copy of my passport, and a notarized copy of my passport.

Although our interview time was 7:15AM. No one started to enter until 8:00PM. I remember someone posting that everyone was

pushing and shoving to get a numbered ticket the time he went. But luckily, the time I went, the line was very orderly. There

was no pushing and shoving, and people were behaving well. The security guard did a good job keeping everyone orderly and in

a straight line.

I told my girl to remember to give the interviewer my personal letter, and passport at the very start of the interview. The

letter simply told the interviewer that I was outside, and ready to answer any questions if neccessary. The letter also gave

the interviewer a quick background regarding the relationship, and why we felt that we were right for each other.

The interview ended up being a bit disappointing given the time I spent preparing all the documents:

1. What is your mother and father's name?

2. What is his mother and father's name?

3. Can I have your support documents?

Although I was happy that she passed, I was hoping for a few more questions than that.

That way, she can at least talk about me! LOL. But nope. No questions.

That is it, and she was handed a pink piece of paper. My girl was confused about the paper, and asked the VO what it is.

He told her that she passed!

Total time from entrance at 8:00AM is 2 hours. I was reading a book while waiting for her at the coffee shop. Spent 75RMB on

2 coffee.

The next day, we went get her yellow international vaccination book done at the hospital. She got her TD, measles/mumps, and

chicken pox vaccinations recorded. She had a slight fever that day, so I had to take care of her for the day. The next day,

we went to the post office to pick up her EMS visa package. We looked at her visa book, and saw a US Visa with a valid entry

time frame of 6 months.

That same day, we went back to ShenZhen. I went through my list of errands and things to do, and helped her with hers as

well. As we only had 13 days total, we had to quickly arrange for the wedding pictures to be taken. Most of the wedding

companies refused the short time frame we gave them. But one of them didn't want to lose business, and gave us a shoot for

the very next morning eventhough they had a tight schedule. The engagement photos took an entire day.

We started at 8:00AM and finished by 7:00PM. We were able to see and choose the photos we want the same day. By the time we

were done, it was close to midnight, and we were both exhausted. The next few days were spent packing bags, shopping for

neccessary items, and celebrating with her friends.

By the way, we bought some really nice 3 piece tiered curtains for a large 90inch tall window for just 280RMB. There was this

mall, where all they sold were window curtains. Most of the curtains were beautiful and super nice. There was an abundance of

style to choose from that I had a very hard time choosing. This is the kind of stuff, I can not seem to buy in the US without

spending a fortune. So we bought one for our bedroom. Superior in looks and of better quality than what I see at Bed Bath and

Beyond.

So that is about it. Besides the surprise my mom bought for her. = 0

Guest ShaQuaNew
Although I was happy that she passed, I was hoping for a few more questions than that. That way, she can at least talk about me! LOL. But nope. No questions.

207874[/snapback]

Had to dig to find this. I do hope you're both happy and...

:toot::redblob::clapping:CONGRATULATIONS! :cheering::clapping::toot:

http://bergoiata.org/gif/Feu4.gif

Congratulations !!

http://tinypic.com/erfmns.gif

By the way, 51 wedding photos, a few large framed photos, with a CD copy, cost us about 3000RMB. This included transportation to photo shoot locations. 6 hair styles and makeup dones on her, and 6 outfit changes. The photographer spent the entire day with us.

Great deal compared to what it cost in the US. Just wondering what a professional photoshoot would cost in the US?

Congrats Jon!

Wedding photos are definitely the way to go in China. I know my sister spend in excess of $4,000.00 USD for her wedding photos and video at her wedding and reception.

My wife has been clamoring to go back and get some wedding photos done in China as well. Seems like the big difference in photos is that in China they are more "studio" type as in, there is make-up constantly, change in costumes, and most importantly, change in scenary. For US style photos, for the wedding, they just shoot the place of the party. If you want to go to various locations, be prepared to pay big bucks. I think my sister signed a contract for $300/Hr for the photographer alone.

The interview ended up being a bit disappointing given the time I spent preparing all the documents:

1. What is your mother and father's name?

2. What is his mother and father's name?

3. Can I have your support documents?

Although I was happy that she passed, I was hoping for a few more questions than that.

207874[/snapback]

Congratulations Jonathan?

Tell me, are you a masochist or something ? The interview was a big disappointment? You were hoping for more questions? Why? Were you hoping the VO could trip her up? Was the process was too quick for you and you wanted to spend more time apart? Or were you just hoping for a blue slip so the two of you can sweat the time and effort with the overcome?

Hey, just kidding, we all know what you mean you spend hours and hours and hours on a big evidence packet and the interview blows by in just a few seconds!

Congratulations to you both! ! ! Glad you took a letter and even more so that the VO read it, I get the idea that the VO's like to see something in writing from the petitioner about the relationship. Jie's VO had the letter (relationship letter I wrote and sent with the original I-129F) out for the entire interivew, and read it word for word and based her questions on it.

Hey, we understand if you drop off the world for a few weeks, but dont forget to keep writing on CFL.... Congratulations again Jonathan! ! !

Edited by ameriken (see edit history)